or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Letting other people hit your clubs...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Letting other people hit your clubs... - Page 5

post #73 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4fun12 View Post





having someone pay for a club just cause of cosmetic damage, that is a little extreme. now it was damaged and actually affected a shot, then yes, buy me a new freakin club. lol

 

This.  Also if I do make an idiot mark on someone else's driver, I would offer to to buy it for the price they pay but I am taking the club with me.  ie if I dinged someone's brand new R11, I pay for it but I am keeping the club.
 

 

post #74 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat007 View Post

i have a good excuse, I need my clubs for work, teaching and making money playing. Sorry, you can never ever hit any of my clubs. I won't ask you, so don't even think of asking me. It's that simple. Would you ask a race-car driver to try his car? No. Would you borrow a surgeon's tools? No. Enough said.



Haha, equating a million dollar race car to a $300 dollar club is ridiculous!  If you are relying on your golf clubs to make you money, you undoubtedly have back ups.  You don't need all of your clubs to teach.  And where are you making any money playing with a 2.2 hc?

 

And for what it's worth, I did ask to drive Paul Menards stock car.  And I got to drive it.  Not around a track, but in the outside yard at a Menards.  I'm sure it was like the 10th back up car, but it was a stock car nonetheless.beer.gif

 


Edited by shades9323 - 3/10/11 at 9:26am
post #75 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4fun12 View Post





having someone pay for a club just cause of cosmetic damage, that is a little extreme. now it was damaged and actually affected a shot, then yes, buy me a new freakin club. lol


I disagree.  I liken it to driving your new car.  If my buddy wants to drive my new car and scrapes the side up against a parked car because he is a bad driver, then he is for sure paying to fix the damages.  Since you can't really fix cosmetic damages to a club, he would be purchasing me a club.

 

post #76 of 145

only when they hit my clubs better than I do.

post #77 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post




I disagree.  I liken it to driving your new car.  If my buddy wants to drive my new car and scrapes the side up against a parked car because he is a bad driver, then he is for sure paying to fix the damages.  Since you can't really fix cosmetic damages to a club, he would be purchasing me a club.

 

 

hahahahahahaha!! well, duh!!!!!! a car is a completely different story. of course if my friend damaged my car I would make him pay for it. it's my car! I would care about some scratches on my car. but on a golf club, if it just some paint, who cares. not trying to be mean. just thought this is funny. thanks for making my day.
 

 

post #78 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyStick View Post



 

This.  Also if I do make an idiot mark on someone else's driver, I would offer to to buy it for the price they pay but I am taking the club with me.  ie if I dinged someone's brand new R11, I pay for it but I am keeping the club.
 

 



if the club face is damaged, I believe you can send it in to tm and they will send you a new one. at least this is what a buddy of mine did a coupld years ago. cracked his R5 face and went to roger dunn, tm gave him a R7 since they didn't make the r5 anymore.

post #79 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4fun12 View Post





having someone pay for a club just cause of cosmetic damage, that is a little extreme. now it was damaged and actually affected a shot, then yes, buy me a new freakin club. lol


How is that extreme?  If you let someone borrow your car and they got into an accident you would expect them to pay for the damage.  A golf club is no different and its not as if you can just pop the dent out of a driver.

 

post #80 of 145
Thread Starter 

If you aren't willing to pay for the club if you damage it you probably shouldn't ask to hit it, and if you expect to get paid if it is damaged you shouldn't let somebody else hit it.

post #81 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleistWI View Post




How is that extreme?  If you let someone borrow your car and they got into an accident you would expect them to pay for the damage.  A golf club is no different and its not as if you can just pop the dent out of a driver.

 


That's exactly why a golf club IS different. You wouldn't have someone buy you a new car. They'd pay for repairs. How bad are you guys that you'd miss the club face on a modern driver? It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground. Maybe try a couple practice swings first?!?
 

 

post #82 of 145


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post




That's exactly why a golf club IS different. You wouldn't have someone buy you a new car. They'd pay for repairs. How bad are you guys that you'd miss the club face on a modern driver? It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground. Maybe try a couple practice swings first?!?
 

 


thanks, sean. a golf club is about 20,000 dollars different. and I would expect someone to repair my car if they damaged it.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleistWI View Post




How is that extreme?  If you let someone borrow your car and they got into an accident you would expect them to pay for the damage.  A golf club is no different and its not as if you can just pop the dent out of a driver.

 



yes, pay for the damage on a car for sure. I never said I wouldn't have someone pay me for a club they dented. I said who cares about a paint chip. now, if they dented it or cracked it, that could affect a golf shot. and yes, then they would pay for it. however......if I could get a brand new one under warrenty, then why would you have a friend pay for a new one. not like you can do that with a car. that would be cool though, to return the car with a dent and say I want a new one cause I have warrenty. lol.

 

and a car and golf club is completely different.

post #83 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post




That's exactly why a golf club IS different. You wouldn't have someone buy you a new car. They'd pay for repairs. How bad are you guys that you'd miss the club face on a modern driver? It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground. Maybe try a couple practice swings first?!?
 

 

and if the car were totaled you would expect them and their insurance to pay for the replacement cost of the car.  Its no different because you cannot repair a dent in a driver, so it would need to be replaced.


 

 

post #84 of 145

If it wasn't a friend or family member I most likely would not. If I played an entire round with someone and they have a decent looking swing and was friendly enough I would. With the kids I coach on the golf team we always are trying out each others clubs, that's how I bought some of my clubs, tried theirs out first and they've done the same with some of mine.

post #85 of 145

geez, let's just make it a law in golf. you damage it in any way, you buy it.

post #86 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades9323 View Post





Haha, equating a million dollar race car to a $300 dollar club is ridiculous!  If you are relying on your golf clubs to make you money, you undoubtedly have back ups.  You don't need all of your clubs to teach.  And where are you making any money playing with a 2.2 hc?

 

And for what it's worth, I did ask to drive Paul Menards stock car.  And I got to drive it.  Not around a track, but in the outside yard at a Menards.  I'm sure it was like the 10th back up car, but it was a stock car nonetheless.beer.gif

 



Thats a pretty cool story, im guessing they must have had the car on display at a menards to bring people in.   Ive seen some of those Nascar shops on tv and some of the bigger ones probably have 10 back up cars or more.  Still would be cool to just sit behind the wheel and pretend you're going wheel to wheel with Jimmie Johnson or Tony Stewart or somebody.

 

post #87 of 145

The massive gulf in opinions in this thread is precisely why, I think, asking to hit other people's clubs is a bad idea - if you have different views on the topic, then any damage (cosmetic or otherwise) will surely cause a disagreement. 

 

For what it's worth, I would (and do) let my friends use/try my clubs, but only because I a) trust them not to be complete duffers with them and b) know that I could insist they compensate me for any damage without causing a ruckus.  As for allowing a stranger to have a try - no chance.  I mean, no chance in hell!

post #88 of 145



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post




 It's like jumping off a chair and missing the ground.


LOL.  That's the quote of the day.

 

I'm fortunate because I play with the same group(s) of friends all the time and everybody tries out the new stuff.  The first time out on the course with my new 910, all my buds used it before I did.  As far as crashing new cars, it actually happened to one of my buds in the group (the person that crashed it isn't in our group).  He just bought a new Infinity G37 coupe and his bud took it for a drive.  It came back on a flatbed with about $15K worth of damage.  Ouch.
 

 

post #89 of 145

Depends on the person really... I have a friend who put 3 dents in the bottom of his driver the first time he went golfing with me. Then again I have other friends who are almost scratch golfers.

post #90 of 145

I let my golf partner hit my new Cleveland XL270. I think its the lightest driver out there. He uses Cobras. 

Anyway, he took a swing and the ball went and hit a house way right. Big 'thunk' noise and fortunately missed the many windows.

Make sure there aren't any houses. ;) That was the lesson for me.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Letting other people hit your clubs...