or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Mike Weir's future
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mike Weir's future - Page 2

post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

Grant Waite?


Apparently he is quite knowledgeable....just read this quote about himself....

 

In a New Zealand Herald story that ran last month Waite was quoted as such: "At the tour level there are guys I am helping who are more interested in the long game because they understand my prowess in that area is of a high, high level . . . There are things I know about the golf swing and how to apply it to help a player that can be very beneficial to a player at this level."
 

 

post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran123 View Post

Grant Waite?

 

Hopefully it works out


The current trend among teachers is to learn why they couldn't succeed at the game as a player, then assuming it was just ultimately a lack of talent (or putting) then share those learnings with others. With his self confidence, he should fit right in with all the other big name instructors. RE: Mike Weir. He might feel like he's striping it, but he's been saying that off and on for a few years now and it just ain't happening on the course.

post #21 of 30


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post





Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I understand thinking he's done because he is off the Tour and hasn't done much in a long time, but what makes you think his head is out of it? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, just a bit curious. 


 

i was looking at the field for the 2011 john deere classic and it looks like Mike Weir is playing in it. Im going to go one day during the tournament since its like an hour from my house. Il check out his ball striking and see what it looks like

post #22 of 30

I heard recently that Mike Weir dropped Grant and Mayo. Does anyone know anything about who his new swing coach is? I feel bad for the guy--such a talent golfer. Maybe he should just go back to S&T? 

post #23 of 30
He dropped Grant yes-I heard the same thing......... because Grant dropped Mayo a long time ago now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

I heard recently that Mike Weir dropped Grant and Mayo. Does anyone know anything about who his new swing coach is? I feel bad for the guy--such a talent golfer. Maybe he should just go back to S&T? 
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

He dropped Grant yes-I heard the same thing......... because Grant dropped Mayo a long time ago now.

Sounds like a bad romance story. Do you know who Weir started working with?

 

BTW, who's in your avatar. Is that Mac O'Grady? 

post #25 of 30
I like Weir, but like tiger he is washed up
post #26 of 30

I cringed when Mike came in 2nd to last in the Masters this year (Ben Crenshaw was last) . Mike says his body is still letting him down.

 

Thankfully Graham DeLaet and David Hearn have filled the Canadian void left by Mike.

 

http://www.mikeweir.com/uncategorized/the-masters-round-2

post #27 of 30

Mike Weir - age 45 / 2014 stats = 1 2nd place, 1 top 10, 1 top 25, total events -25, cuts made -9 / Money earned $854,413

 

                            / 2015 stats = 1 top 25, events - 13, cuts made - 1 Earnings - $72,800

 

 

Now while that's not great, compared to what the majority of the current young guns are doing, I think I could live with it. Now as for Mike, at age 45 and having health issues, I think it would be prudent, if he rested, healed and prepared for the senior tour.  

post #28 of 30

Weir could certainly become a short-game teacher for the pros or the Canadian program. What he did in 2013 to save his scoring average with his errant long game may have been super-human. Does anyone have a number for his strokes gained short game for that year vs. the next-best guy?  Could just be great touch, but I bet he knows a thing or two.

post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack is best View Post

I like Weir, but like tiger he is washed up

 

And so is Jack.

post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack is best View Post

I like Weir, but like tiger he is washed up

Funny, I don't remember Weir winning 5 events two years ago.  :doh:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Mike Weir's future