or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golfing when your muscles are tired / fatigued
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golfing when your muscles are tired / fatigued

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 

Ever had one of those days when you played 2-3 days of golf after another and played so well.

And you want to play one more time for the week, but your legs, hips and back muscles are just fatigued?

 

Well, I went ahead to golf anyways with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while.

Even though I know what I did wrong ( body moved to the left on downswing and creates all kinds of push and push fades )

I can't stop my body from doing this. No matter how hard I tried, it felt like I don't have the strength on my lower body

to keep still.

 

I decided that I'm going to learn to control my urges to play in this condition... and stay home and do something else.

 

What's you guys' experiences?

post #2 of 23


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai-Jin View Post

Ever had one of those days when you played 2-3 days of golf after another and played so well.

And you want to play one more time for the week, but your legs, hips and back muscles are just fatigued?

 

Well, I went ahead to golf anyways with a friend whom I haven't seen for a while.

Even though I know what I did wrong ( body moved to the left on downswing and creates all kinds of push and push fades )

I can't stop my body from doing this. No matter how hard I tried, it felt like I don't have the strength on my lower body

to keep still.

 

I decided that I'm going to learn to control my urges to play in this condition... and stay home and do something else.

 

What's you guys' experiences?



If youre tired it probably is best to stay home but you shouldnt be getting that sore from playing more than once a week.

Perhaps you just need to improve your overall level of physical fitness.

post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 

I guess so... no golf when tired.

 

I think it's because I go to the gym for full workouts 5 days a week and still train people too on top of golf.

And change my diet menu so I have more strength too.

post #4 of 23

i get sore after 3 days in a row at the driving range.. plus i workout 5x a week..
 

also on saturdays(day after my back workouts) my ball striking is trash because im sore

 

I'm usually  a lot better ball striker after a 3 day layoff

post #5 of 23

I have realized there are certain exercises I can't or shouldn't do the day before I golf. Shoulders and squats. If I do any of those exercises the day before it is pure misery at the golf course. If I do lite arm workout the day before and just arms I play pretty well. And I just realized as bad as that is that stretching at home before I head to the course really helps. Can't believe I never put 2 and 2 together but I guess that's why I usually get a 5 on a par 4. ha

post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 

Shoulders and squats... that'll affect the ability to turn completely in back swing and to comfortably have a powerful and balanced down swing.

 

There's almost no forgiveness in playing golf . Everything has to be accurate.

post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 

Is there a certain way of thinking or swinging when you are tired?

 

It truly bite me in the butt today.

post #8 of 23

Never really had this feeling. During the summer I will play at least 5-6 rounds a week. The only time I can really remember being tired/fatigued was when I play 54 holes in one day and ran out of water and was really dehydrated by the last 9 holes.

post #9 of 23
I feel more tired when I wake up and before starting on the round. Once I'm on the course it's usually not a problem. Most I've played is 7-8 days in a row, but I felt most tired after the first two days. If I get enough sleep, it's ok.
post #10 of 23

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

I feel more tired when I wake up and before starting on the round. Once I'm on the course it's usually not a problem. Most I've played is 7-8 days in a row, but I felt most tired after the first two days. If I get enough sleep, it's ok.

 

Same here! Like right now, I could easily go back to bed even though I got in an hour of walking/running/elliptical this morning before work. I've got a 3 PM tee time this afternoon, and I know once I get out there and take a few swings, I'll be fine. Usually though, I play much better when I walk/run/elliptical for about 30 minutes on the morning before a round. It wakes me up and gets my core and my legs good and loose, but not overly tired. I went 3 out of 4 days recently and didnt have any real soreness issues, though was probably a little tired just because I got up early for a few days in a row.

post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post

I feel more tired when I wake up and before starting on the round. Once I'm on the course it's usually not a problem. Most I've played is 7-8 days in a row, but I felt most tired after the first two days. If I get enough sleep, it's ok.


we use to play 9 holes 5 days a week back in high school golf, not to mention the tournaments thrown in

post #12 of 23

I sit all day where I work, and that seem to have a detrimental effect on my swing...whole body is stiff - especially my back....takes me 20 minutes of swinging before I feel O.K

 

Been doing wall squats and planks every night to try and strengthen my spine - hopefully that will help in the long run.

post #13 of 23
I'm 62 and play 18 to 27 holes 4 days a week and hit balls the other three. My muscles get sore but loosen up after stretching. But we're talking about muscle fatigue different than soreness. It's like "Honey I want to make love to you again tonight but my Johnson is done for". Inconsistency in my game is the first sign of muscle fatigue. It's like all your muscles become loose rubber bands. 5 Hour Energy helps mild fatigue but two days rest is what it normally takes for me to get back on my game.
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillgolf View Post

I'm 62 and play 18 to 27 holes 4 days a week and hit balls the other three. My muscles get sore but loosen up after stretching. But we're talking about muscle fatigue different than soreness. It's like "Honey I want to make love to you again tonight but my Johnson is done for". Inconsistency in my game is the first sign of muscle fatigue. It's like all your muscles become loose rubber bands. 5 Hour Energy helps mild fatigue but two days rest is what it normally takes for me to get back on my game.

 

Yep.

 

I more or less remember the distances I hit my clubs when I'm fully rested and with a strong swing.  If I roll out there to play after a couple rounds of energy sucking heat and humidity in a row I tend to play like garbage.

post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai-Jin View Post
 

Ever had one of those days when you played 2-3 days of golf after another and played so well.

And you want to play one more time for the week, but your legs, hips and back muscles are just fatigued?

 

 

Are you elderly?   .....nearing 100 years old?  I know people in their 80s who play Monday-Friday without missing a beat..LOL

 

I think you have a personal problem.

post #16 of 23

Sai-Jin: "Oh... No, mustn't play golf"

(evil voice): "Come on Sai-Jin, just one small bucket won't hurt"

Sai-Jin: "NO, I can't, not again... Please leave me alone!"

(evil voice): "Sai-Jinnn, you know you want tooo.  What if today's the day you break 70?"

Sai-Jin: "Damn you, I'll play I'll play."

(evil voice): "MUAHAHA"

post #17 of 23

When I'm tired, I actually play a little better: I don't start trying to kill the ball about Hole 5.

 

If I'm really tired, I leave the ball short a lot on iron shots and half-wedges.

post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut View Post
 

Are you elderly?   .....nearing 100 years old?  I know people in their 80s who play Monday-Friday without missing a beat..LOL

 

I think you have a personal problem.

 

I agree, my 75 year old dad plays 7 days a week religiously and works two of those days at the course. he has no problems

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golfing when your muscles are tired / fatigued