Golf Digest performed their annual ball review for this month's issue.
Curious what everybody's thoughts were. Also perhaps list your current ball and the ball you are most likely to try after reading the article. And your handicap
My current ball: Bridgestone e6
Most likely to try now: Noodle Easy Distance (I have a sub 85 mph swing, so it seems like a logical fit)
Handicap: My guess is around an 18/19 as my last few rounds have been 44, 85 (40/45), 46
Here are some of my takeaways:
- Bridgestone e5 - I have to imagine these will be flying off the shelf soon as their launch angle and spin rival many of the "tour caliber balls". Just wish they came in yellow like the e6
- Top Flite Gamer v2 - Once again rated high. Here are some quotes "This balls technology defies its price point. If the ball had a little more short-game spin, it would nearly be tour quality."
- Innovex V-Motion - A company I have never heard of, whose Mid-tier priced ball performance, rivaled tour caliber balls
- Bridgestone xFIXx - a low end ball that I haven't seen around. Would be a nice choice to get into a top golf ball manufacturer at a good price point (under $20) with a decent amount of spin (ranked 2nd for spin in the low cost category behind the Noodle Easy Distance)
- Noodle Easy Distance - Surprised to see the spin on this ball (ranked #1) in the under $20 category.