or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Durability on GigaGolf, Pinemeadow, and Hireko.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Durability on GigaGolf, Pinemeadow, and Hireko. - Page 2

post #19 of 24

Hireko has a special promotional 15% discount on their Acer XK irons till the end of April 2011.

 

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2011/04/exclusive-april-sales-promotions/?utm_source=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm_medium=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm_campaign=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale

 

I have bought their Dynacraft Prophet Tour Irons and the quality was good.

 

I bought a set of Acer XK Irons off of Ebay and it held up pretty well to my abusive swings. a1_smile.gif

 

They do have a 60 day guarantee if you buy their basic club without any customization. If you customized the club you will not be able to get your refund.

 

I would suggest you get a club fitting to get your stats and then go to their forum http://forum.hirekogolf.com/ .

 

You can post your club fitting stats in their "Ask Hireko" forum and Jeff Summit who is their very knowledgeable technical director will be able to answer your questions.

 

Good luck!

 

 

post #20 of 24

I've never gamed GigaGolf, but I have used Pinemeadow.  They DO hold up very well... never had an issue.  I then went through the "you're not a real golfer unless you're gaming the name brands" phase.  I have since went to Hireko.  I chose them over the other component brands because they have a much bigger LH selection.  I will never, ever buy another "name brand" golf club.

 

A guy on my golf league has a full set of Pinemeadow's that he's had for a number of years now, and other than normal wear, they're holding up just fine- and allowing the old buzzard to shoot in the high 70's.  I'll beat him, someday... 

 

Besides, they're all made in the same 10 or so foundries in China and Taiwan, by the same people making the same crap wages, with the same machines, to the same quality standards (this doesn't include the counterfeits- just clones, components and name brands).  Why spend the extra money for the same playability? 

post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post


 

Besides, they're all made in the same 10 or so foundries in China and Taiwan, by the same people making the same crap wages, with the same machines, to the same quality standards (this doesn't include the counterfeits- just clones, components and name brands).  Why spend the extra money for the same playability? 

BINGO!!!!!

 


 

 

post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingpar View Post

Hireko has a special promotional 15% discount on their Acer XK irons till the end of April 2011.

 

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2011/04/exclusive-april-sales-promotions/?utm_source=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm_medium=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale&utm_campaign=Assembled%2BHomepage%2BMinibanner%2BXK%2BIron%2BSale

 

I have bought their Dynacraft Prophet Tour Irons and the quality was good.

 

I bought a set of Acer XK Irons off of Ebay and it held up pretty well to my abusive swings. a1_smile.gif

 

They do have a 60 day guarantee if you buy their basic club without any customization. If you customized the club you will not be able to get your refund.

 

I would suggest you get a club fitting to get your stats and then go to their forum http://forum.hirekogolf.com/ .

 

You can post your club fitting stats in their "Ask Hireko" forum and Jeff Summit who is their very knowledgeable technical director will be able to answer your questions.

 

Good luck!

 

 


Thanks for the info. I take it you work for Hireko... z4_blink.gif

 

But, I do like what I've read on Hireko. I might be pulling the trigger on one of their wedges soon.
 

 

post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

I've never gamed GigaGolf, but I have used Pinemeadow.  They DO hold up very well... never had an issue.  I then went through the "you're not a real golfer unless you're gaming the name brands" phase.  I have since went to Hireko.  I chose them over the other component brands because they have a much bigger LH selection.  I will never, ever buy another "name brand" golf club.

 

A guy on my golf league has a full set of Pinemeadow's that he's had for a number of years now, and other than normal wear, they're holding up just fine- and allowing the old buzzard to shoot in the high 70's.  I'll beat him, someday... 

 

Besides, they're all made in the same 10 or so foundries in China and Taiwan, by the same people making the same crap wages, with the same machines, to the same quality standards (this doesn't include the counterfeits- just clones, components and name brands).  Why spend the extra money for the same playability? 


In regards to the foundries, I think that's true for the most part, but I've browsed the interweb a lot in the last few months, and there's a lot of junk for sale out there. The GigaGolfs and the Hirekos seem legit, but buyer beware with some of that other stuff!

 

And thanks for the info on Pinemeadow. I've read a lot of the reviews on their website, and something that keeps popping on the reviews is that the "head cracked after a few months or so". But reading that someone has had long-term success with their clubs is making me rethink Pinemeadow. I've had a MacGregor driver for about 12 years now... maybe I'm a little spoiled that the things is still performing, but I'm kinda hoping to replicate that.
 

 

post #24 of 24
Just bought a whole set of Pinemeadow clubs. See my other posts to see which ones. I'll post pictures once I get them and eventually feeback on them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Durability on GigaGolf, Pinemeadow, and Hireko.