or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) - Page 90

post #1603 of 2073
His quest really stokes the hacker fire here.. Lol
post #1604 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbarefoot View Post

His quest really stokes the hacker fire here.. Lol

 

Only because he took time off to play golf full time, and gets paid for it.

post #1605 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Only because he took time off to play golf full time, and gets paid for it.

Life's too short to hate.. Regardless..
post #1606 of 2073

Man it cracks me up reading his blog. His latest one about ups and downs. He briefly skims over the round mentioning how every bad shot he hit (and it sounded like he hit a lot) bounced fortunately and he managed to shoot low 70's. The next day he goes out and the bounce of the ball goes against him and he shoots low 80's. Reading between the lines I think somehow he thinks the low 80's round is not fair. In reality the low 70's round was a complete fluke and the low 80's round is what he deserves. Somehow I think this will never dawn on him...

 

Still, great reading when I want a laugh.

post #1607 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfbarefoot View Post


Life's too short to hate.. Regardless..

 

Yup, I agree that life's too short. So, I blog and complain about him here and forget about it until the thread reminder pops up. ;-)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k14 View Post
 

Man it cracks me up reading his blog. His latest one about ups and downs. He briefly skims over the round mentioning how every bad shot he hit (and it sounded like he hit a lot) bounced fortunately and he managed to shoot low 70's. The next day he goes out and the bounce of the ball goes against him and he shoots low 80's. Reading between the lines I think somehow he thinks the low 80's round is not fair. In reality the low 70's round was a complete fluke and the low 80's round is what he deserves. Somehow I think this will never dawn on him...

 

Still, great reading when I want a laugh.

 

I think this is the general consensus. :beer:

post #1608 of 2073
http://ianhallett.org/2014/04/08/how-to-become-an-elite-performer-at-any-sport/?utm_content=bufferca9f3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#sthash.Ttgmj8MO.dpbs
Quote:
One of the most satisfying parts of conducting research for my book has been hearing a massive number of inspirational stories from people that are trying to achieve something genuinely unique. I have profiled a handful of them in the book but wanted to share the interview with Dan McLaughlin ahead of launching the book. His story is too inspiring to wait.

.......

Your achievements are extraordinary, why do you think you have been so successful?

Determination and follow-through have been the biggest factors. I think that because I set out specifically to put in a large chunk of training, which forces me to stick to it during the low points and that in turn has made me capable of improving.

Not a single challenging question in the interview regarding how well Dan is doing. Dan also failed to convey much "meat" about his practice regimen or statistical measuring. Mostly happy talk still. Same old song n dance.

Oh sorry, is this post hateful? I actually like Dan. His "experiment" is a train wreck though and anyone still seeing otherwise is happily avoiding the sad truth. Dream on. ( hey 2 Aerosmith song references in one post!)
post #1609 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Yup, I agree that life's too short. So, I blog and complain about him here and forget about it until the thread reminder pops up. a2_wink.gif



I think this is the general consensus. c2_beer.gif

I dunno. I feel sorry for the guy. He put himself in an impossible position. And I also shake my head in disappointment at the chance of really helping golfers getting better faster forgone. I don't laugh, I just want to sigh loudly.
post #1610 of 2073
So, Dan started golf about the same time as me.

He's a better golfer for two reasons: better instructors in the beginning. I only started to get good instruction 8 months ago with @mvmac and Dana. The second reason is I work full time and am raising a family.

Let's look at some stats:

Me- 15 handicap, can shoot 99 under bad conditions
Dan- 8 handicap, can shoot 88 under bad conditions.

I don't really think 7-11 strokes is making my game any less fun. For me, it's a form of recreation, and I write about my exploits for fun. He needs to make himself sound good no matter what.

Can I eventually get to where he is now? IDK for sure, but it looks promising. Will Dan get to scratch in the time it takes me to get to an 8? Who knows (it does not look very promising), but for him it's more imperative than for me to get to an 8.

Prior to 4 years ago neither of us knew how to even hold a golf club, I find his journey kind of parallels mine. So, this is why I follow his progress.

Otherwise, there's no reason for me to follow anything he does.
post #1611 of 2073
http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=356&fid=0

Round 1 complete. Round 2 tmw.
Looks like Dan shot 40-47 for 87, currently T60 of 78 golfers. Another upper 80s tournament round.
post #1612 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=356&fid=0

Round 1 complete. Round 2 tmw.
Looks like Dan shot 40-47 for 87, currently T60 of 78 golfers. Another upper 80s tournament round.

d2_doh.gif
post #1613 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

So, Dan started golf about the same time as me.

He's a better golfer for two reasons: better instructors in the beginning. I only started to get good instruction 8 months ago with @mvmac and Dana. The second reason is I work full time and am raising a family.

Let's look at some stats:

Me- 15 handicap, can shoot 99 under bad conditions
Dan- 8 handicap, can shoot 88 under bad conditions.

I don't really think 7-11 strokes is making my game any less fun. For me, it's a form of recreation, and I write about my exploits for fun. He needs to make himself sound good no matter what.

Can I eventually get to where he is now? IDK for sure, but it looks promising. Will Dan get to scratch in the time it takes me to get to an 8? Who knows (it does not look very promising), but for him it's more imperative than for me to get to an 8.

Prior to 4 years ago neither of us knew how to even hold a golf club, I find his journey kind of parallels mine. So, this is why I follow his progress.

Otherwise, there's no reason for me to follow anything he does.

Even though Dan will devote way more time on his game, you probably have the edge, of course Dan will most likely vanity cap himself there so who really kno

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=356&fid=0

Round 1 complete. Round 2 tmw.
Looks like Dan shot 40-47 for 87, currently T60 of 78 golfers. Another upper 80s tournament round.


Just abysmal is all I can take from it, +16 on a par 71 with a slope of only 128, scoring average of 3.5 on the 3's and 5.0 on the 4's and lastly 6.0 on the 5's, http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/StrokeCard.aspx?id=356&pid=21723

post #1614 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

So, Dan started golf about the same time as me.

He's a better golfer for two reasons: better instructors in the beginning. I only started to get good instruction 8 months ago with @mvmac and Dana. The second reason is I work full time and am raising a family.

Let's look at some stats:

Me- 15 handicap, can shoot 99 under bad conditions
Dan- 8 handicap, can shoot 88 under bad conditions.

I don't really think 7-11 strokes is making my game any less fun. For me, it's a form of recreation, and I write about my exploits for fun. He needs to make himself sound good no matter what.

Can I eventually get to where he is now? IDK for sure, but it looks promising. Will Dan get to scratch in the time it takes me to get to an 8? Who knows (it does not look very promising), but for him it's more imperative than for me to get to an 8.

Prior to 4 years ago neither of us knew how to even hold a golf club, I find his journey kind of parallels mine. So, this is why I follow his progress.

Otherwise, there's no reason for me to follow anything he does.

Job and family. Come on, there's no comparison. The guy had way more time to devote to golf than you did. I would think it's more fair to compare yourself in 2-3 years to him now.
post #1615 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post

Just abysmal is all I can take from it, +16 on a par 71 with a slope of only 128, scoring average of 3.5 on the 3's and 5.0 on the 4's and lastly 6.0 on the 5's, http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/StrokeCard.aspx?id=356&pid=21723
A scoring average of 6.0 on par fives hurts. I usually am even or under on the fives since I try to take advantage of them.
post #1616 of 2073
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=356&fid=0

Round 1 complete. Round 2 tmw.
Looks like Dan shot 40-47 for 87, currently T60 of 78 golfers. Another upper 80s tournament round.

 

I wish I could be this positive if I were in this position. I'm a cynic and I'm... not so proud of it... :-) He's a better man than me.

 

post #1617 of 2073
Brutal 1st 9, but settled down for the second 9. I hope he can keep that calm going into his round today.
post #1618 of 2073

Round two started off better for him, but still not quite stellar. He's at 6 over for nine with a double bogey on a par five, which just seems wrong for someone with a low handicap.

post #1619 of 2073
Wow. This guy kinda blows.
post #1620 of 2073

He's such an inspiration.

He has proved that anyone can achieve anything.

The movie is going to be incredible - but what a future he has as a motivational speaker!

 

His Keynote speech will be titled

How you can shoot in the 80s and dream of a future on the PGA Tour and get every news organisation on the planet to think you are actually doing it.

 

Typically, this deluded fraud has a bunch of supporters on his website saying he can do it. Idiots who say that at first they thought he was nuts, but are giving him a chance.

 

Seriously - I'll bet there are guys on this site who started at the same time as him, have played a couple of times a week and had some lessons who would smoke him.

 

And for those who will predictably accuse me of being a "hater", there are numerous very recent interviews where he still claims that his plan is to play on the PGA Tour.

2018 Heritage, to be precise.

Just how he will get there ahead of the several hundred thousand players with a similar ambition who can actually play is going to be a minor stumbling block.

 

Rather than being a deluded and naive innnocent, he's starting to look like a calculating and shonky narcissist.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)