or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer - Page 57

post #1009 of 1878

Is that event that Dan is playing today? I'm dying to see how he does . I personally don't think he will break 80.

post #1010 of 1878

According to his last blog post, he's working on an ebook.

post #1011 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere View Post
 

Is that event that Dan is playing today? I'm dying to see how he does . I personally don't think he will break 80.


Yes, He tees off at 1:10

post #1012 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I had one.. for about 2 months lol. My buddy took over a course and they re-named it so it was a technicality.. it was only a 67. 

 

At the end of the day, I could maybe convince people here that I am a +4 at least lol... 

 

Lol, but, seriously, don't do it. Your character is more important than anything else you do.

post #1013 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

Lol, but, seriously, don't do it. Your character is more important than anything else you do.

I promise I wont.. I'm not that guy. I think that is why I have been mistaken(my opinion) for a jerk. Too honest I guess.  

post #1014 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I promise I wont.. I'm not that guy. I think that is why I have been mistaken(my opinion) for a jerk. Too honest I guess.  

 

That's a hard lesson to learn. Being too honest sometimes has the reverse effect of showing your character. Your game is really good, you just need to let the committee make the decisions and just lay back and enjoy your golf.

post #1015 of 1878

Go Dan!  Win this beast!!

post #1016 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I promise I wont.. I'm not that guy. I think that is why I have been mistaken(my opinion) for a jerk. Too honest I guess.  

I don't think that was the issue. The issue was unnecessary persistence and snarky accusations.

post #1017 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

I don't think that was the issue. The issue was unnecessary persistence and snarky accusations.

People are making the same accusations on this thread.. no one says anything lol. 

post #1018 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

People are making the same accusations on this thread.. no one says anything lol. 

The two circumstances are not even comparable. If you can't see that on your own, I'm not sounding it out for you.

post #1019 of 1878

People have said if he doesn't break 80 I don't believe his handicap is 2.3.. Then we have people saying I can totally believe that a guy can shoot a 90 with a +2.3.. How is that not comparable? They are both playing in a qualifier of some sort with the same pressure. 

post #1020 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

People have said if he doesn't break 80 I don't believe his handicap is 2.3.. Then we have people saying I can totally believe that a guy can shoot a 90 with a +2.3.. How is that not comparable? They are both playing in a qualifier of some sort with the same pressure.

 

I'm new to this thread. Haven't been on this site in quite some time. I'm rooting for Dan, but I think he has a much better chance of shooting 90+ than shooting somewhere around 76. I'm not sold on his 2 or 3 handicap. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

post #1021 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere View Post
 

 

I'm new to this thread. Haven't been on this site in quite some time. I'm rooting for Dan, but I think he has a much better chance of shooting 90+ than shooting somewhere around 76. I'm not sold on his 2 or 3 handicap. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

I don't see him doing it either.. he has said that his average rounds have been 74-80... then add tourney conditions and pressure usually its about 3-5 strokes higher than a normal round. So I am thinking he will fall into the 79-85 range. But its good to start somewhere. Tourneys will make him better. 

post #1022 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
 

I don't think that was the issue. The issue was unnecessary persistence and snarky accusations.


Really? Why not give it a rest.

post #1023 of 1878
post #1024 of 1878

This is like christmas. I can't believe we get hole by hole updates. My guess is 86 by rooting for anything under 80.

post #1025 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Here's a guy doing a sort of Dan plan on his own dime. His earlier junior experience is sketchy, but he's not using any pretense of proving a hypothesis and wandering into pseudo science land. If what he says is true, 2 months to break 80 and shot 77 1st round in a web.com event after 2 years of full time playing after quitting his job. I'd rather follow this guy if he blogged.

 

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/golf/Ryan+Cook+incredible+story+fallback+plan/9890210/story.html


This guy is at least moving to the right area to golf, So. Cal. of course! Palm Desert!

 

Seriously, this guy has a better chance than Dan with another 10,000 hours added. I think we called it "talent".

post #1026 of 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere View Post
 

This is like christmas. I can't believe we get hole by hole updates. My guess is 86 by rooting for anything under 80.

I don't think we do.  We'll get to see hisfull hole-by-hole score, but we're still (I suspect) not going to find out anything until after he's completely finished.

 

At least that's how it works in the tournaments I play in.  There certainly aren't any live scorers following us around, but after the round the organizers upload everything into bluegolf.com and so there is a record of everything.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer