or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer - Page 66

post #1171 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-noob-bruce View Post
 

 

Pure speculation. Great little negativity party you guys have going on here.

 

Is there any way I can hide a thread so that this one doesn't come up anymore?


You can always unsubscribe from this thread.

 

Just out of curiosity, what you would expect from a thread like this one?

 

The specific person that you were saying as being purely speculative did not have any opinion of him, until Dan proved that he is not entirely up front with his current skill level based upon his performance in various tournaments. Many of us also mentioned that he was not training correctly to properly assess his skill potential at the beginning of the project.

post #1172 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-noob-bruce View Post
 

 

Pure speculation. Great little negativity party you guys have going on here.

 

Is there any way I can hide a thread so that this one doesn't come up anymore?

 

Kind of ironic that you were negative about someone being negative.

 

At least the person you quoted contributed to the discussion. You just picked on someone else's post, without discussing the actual topic.

 

So what do you, @golf-noob-bruce, think of the Dan Plan and his high-80s tournament scores?

post #1173 of 1655

http://www.roit.org/results/2014/2014-gross.pdf

 

The tournament does a terrible job formatting the results, but if you dig deep enough, you'll see Dan at 263 (my math says that means: 88-87-88), which is last place of the "Championship" division., from what I see there (unless I'm reading it wrong). I'm guessing there were about 60 entered in that division. There were two WD also.

 

The Senior and Junior-Season divisions are also on the document, and Dan beat some of them. Kinda cool, but one of the guys in the final pairing was in the Senior division (57 years old), but he fell short down the stretch. The winner, Heinly, was not even aware his score was near good enough to win after he sunk a challenging par putt on 18.  A good write-up of the tournament finish here:

 

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/jun/08/and-for-dessert-a-royal-oaks-victory/

post #1174 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf-noob-bruce View Post
 

 

Pure speculation. Great little negativity party you guys have going on here.

 

Is there any way I can hide a thread so that this one doesn't come up anymore?

Yeah I have to agree it is a bit negative in here. Past the point of reasonable discussion. 

post #1175 of 1655

I will say that I might be one of the most negative, because at the start of this thread I was one of his proponents. I was thinking that he could at least become a teacher of kids or something along those lines.

 

If he was up front about his handicap being in the high single digits or even low teens, I don't think anyone would say anything negative. Yes, there might be some negative people saying that he is taking too long to get to the single digits, etc, but for the most part many of us would be cheering him along.

 

The issue is that he has turned his machine into more hype versus solid golfing skills being built. I think he's a decent golfer, but not what he is claiming.

post #1176 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbishop15 View Post
 

Yeah I have to agree it is a bit negative in here. Past the point of reasonable discussion. 

 

Then contribute something positive.

 

Here's a golfer who claims to be a 2.4 who has not broken 85 in his last four tournament rounds. What positive can you say about that? Please show us.

post #1177 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Then contribute something positive.

 

Here's a golfer who claims to be a 2.4 who has not broken 85 in his last four tournament rounds. What positive can you say about that? Please show us.

Really? Oh the contradictions.. 

post #1178 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

Really? Oh the contradictions.. 


I was beginning to wonder where you went for the past couple weeks.:-)

 

No contradictions, some of us think Dan plays like an 8-13 handicap, really. :smartass:

post #1179 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 


I was beginning to wonder where you went for the past couple weeks.:-)

 

No contradictions, some of us think Dan plays like an 8-13 handicap, really. :smartass:

I have been playing in tournaments the last couple of weekends.. won a club championship last weekend, then put myself into contention with a 70 on day one this weekend and followed it up with a sloppy 75 to finish 7th. Not too much time for the old sand trap lately lol. 

post #1180 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I have been playing in tournaments the last couple of weekends.. won a club championship last weekend, then put myself into contention with a 70 on day one this weekend and followed it up with a sloppy 75 to finish 7th. Not too much time for the old sand trap lately lol. 


Nice job. Keep us updated on all your achievements, you should start a "Dan G." plan and get sponsored. ;-)

post #1181 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 


Nice job. Keep us updated on all your achievements, you should start a "Dan G." plan and get sponsored. ;-)

I have too many haters already on this site lol.   I think I have around 4000 hours logged to this point(I have done the math after reading about the Dan Plan). 

post #1182 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post

I have too many haters already on this site lol.   I think I have around 4000 hours logged to this point(I have done the math after reading about the Dan Plan). 

God, we golfers are freaks, aren't we? I wouldn't have a clue how to count the hours I've spent over the 26 years I've been playing. I did, however, once try to figure out exactly how many times I had hit a driver I had owned for 7 years. Stupid, I know but I just had to figure it out. Funny.
post #1183 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I have too many haters already on this site lol.   I think I have around 4000 hours logged to this point(I have done the math after reading about the Dan Plan). 


Let's compare: Dan M. 6000 hours and roughly a 10 handicap (but let's just say 4 handicap with no tournament pressure), Dan G 4000 hours and a +0.1 handicap (with tournament scores).

 

I think you have a good opportunity to prove the actual theory than Dan M. on his version of the theory. You just need to start believing it can be done. O:) 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post


God, we golfers are freaks, aren't we? I wouldn't have a clue how to count the hours I've spent over the 26 years I've been playing. I did, however, once try to figure out exactly how many times I had hit a driver I had owned for 7 years. Stupid, I know but I just had to figure it out. Funny.

 

I just calculated that I spent a bit over 2000 hours over the past 3.5 years or so. Less these days, because I am hitting way less balls. Of course, if you include the time on this site. . .:whistle: 

post #1184 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHIN0011458 View Post
 

I have too many haters already on this site lol.   I think I have around 4000 hours logged to this point(I have done the math after reading about the Dan Plan). 

You don't have any haters, everyone wishes you the best and we are all interested in how you progress and improve. It was just the aggressive/attacking manner of your posts towards another forum member that we didn't like, there was nothing personal about it.

post #1185 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop View Post
 

You don't have any haters, everyone wishes you the best and we are all interested in how you progress and improve. It was just the aggressive/attacking manner of your posts towards another forum member that we didn't like, there was nothing personal about it.

 

Bingo.

 

You were being a jerk. Doesn't mean we all assume you're always gonna be one. We'd probably have already all moved on if you didn't keep bringing it up.

 

Back to topic, eh?

post #1186 of 1655

You have to be an amazingly gifted athlete in my opinion to do what Dan is doing and become scratch or better. I predict at the end of the 10,000 hours he won't be much better than he is now. He still won't be able to break 80 in a tourney. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

post #1187 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere View Post
 

You have to be an amazingly gifted athlete in my opinion to do what Dan is doing and become scratch or better. I predict at the end of the 10,000 hours he won't be much better than he is now. He still won't be able to break 80 in a tourney. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

 

Nah, in fact I would take the opposite position. You have to be amazingly un-athletic/un-coordinated to do what Dan is doing and NOT become scratch or better.

 

And that's not to say that Dan is any of the above - he may still become a legitimate scratch golfer. He's got 4thousand some odd hours left to do so. But I think even his ardent supporters must be now coming to the realization that he doesn't have the talent to ever get a sniff of the PGA tour.

post #1188 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
 

 

Nah, in fact I would take the opposite position. You have to be amazingly un-athletic/un-coordinated to do what Dan is doing and NOT become scratch or better.

 

And that's not to say that Dan is any of the above - he may still become a legitimate scratch golfer. He's got 4thousand some odd hours left to do so. But I think even his ardent supporters must be now coming to the realization that he doesn't have the talent to ever get a sniff of the PGA tour.

I don't know about that, I don't necessarily think that everyone has the ability to become a scratch or better player even if they dedicated their entire lives to that pursuit. It doesn't necessarily have to do with athletic ability or coordination either. To golf at that level requires a consistency that not even all pro athletes can achieve.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to become a pro golfer