or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Which putter do you use?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which putter do you use? - Page 23

Poll Results: Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 25% (321)
    Odyssey
  • 9% (113)
    Taylormade
  • 18% (225)
    Titleist
  • 1% (23)
    Mizuno
  • 1% (24)
    Never Compromise
  • 3% (39)
    Nike
  • 1% (16)
    Heavy Putter
  • 7% (96)
    Yes!
  • 15% (195)
    Ping
  • 1% (20)
    Wilson
  • 13% (168)
    Others (Please specify)
1240 Total Votes  
post #397 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

As my signature says:
PING Karsten Series Putter Anser2 34"
I Like the classic look and feel!
And I like the results with that putter too!!!
post #398 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I used to use a scotty cameron 2.5 but it got stolen so now i use a cobra which is really lame
post #399 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I've got the Studio Style Newport 2 33/350 GREAT PUTTER.
post #400 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Yes! Tracy.
post #401 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Odyssey Ultra Hot XG Two Ball Putter cut down to 30 inches!
post #402 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I use a Ping i-series zing putter, but I have my eye on the new NIKE IC putters.
post #403 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by PLAYHOUSE View Post
34" Cleveland VP5 mallet w/ IOmic grip
Hey i was looking at picking that one up. I tried it out at the store and it seems to make the ball feel really soft which I liked. How has it treated you on the course?
post #404 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by Jr1321 View Post
Hey i was looking at picking that one up. I tried it out at the store and it seems to make the ball feel really soft which I liked. How has it treated you on the course?
Well the putter itself is great for me because I seem to hit putts with too much power, the insert (which feel great may add) softens the blow and makes solid contact with the ball. toe and heel hits do not suffer and only lose maybe half a foot of length. the only bad thing i would say about this putter is when you have a super super long putt(25ft and up) you lose a lot of accuracy cause you really need to hit the ball. Anything under 25ft works like a hot knife cutting through butter...haha

The dual axis alignment aid really does get you set up correctly over the ball and the black mallet head is well manufactured and weight balanced for smooth balanced putting strokes. For Cleveland this is a winner.

AND the IOmic putting grip is the icing on the cake, I recommend every one try this grip al least once in your life. Feel Feel Feel. The price is a little higher then most putter grips but well worth it.

I hope that helps.
post #405 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I just traded for a Mizuno TPM 1. Love it.
post #406 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by PLAYHOUSE View Post
Well the putter itself is great for me because I seem to hit putts with too much power, the insert (which feel great may add) softens the blow and makes solid contact with the ball. toe and heel hits do not suffer and only lose maybe half a foot of length. the only bad thing i would say about this putter is when you have a super super long putt(25ft and up) you lose a lot of accuracy cause you really need to hit the ball. Anything under 25ft works like a hot knife cutting through butter...haha

The dual axis alignment aid really does get you set up correctly over the ball and the black mallet head is well manufactured and weight balanced for smooth balanced putting strokes. For Cleveland this is a winner.

AND the IOmic putting grip is the icing on the cake, I recommend every one try this grip al least once in your life. Feel Feel Feel. The price is a little higher then most putter grips but well worth it.

I hope that helps.
Ya I knew I should have picked up that putter instead of the TM I bought. I'm going to have to go back and pick it up. Thanks for the insite, really made my mind up.
post #407 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Hey Playhouse how do you like those new wedges. They chew any of your balls up, and how far can ya hit those two?
post #408 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I play an Odyssey #3. Pretty old, so Im looking into a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Odyssey Sabertooth? I really like the look, but havent gotten to Dicks to try one out. Anyone have any experience? Pros Cons?

P.S. Been doing a lot of small tasks and chores to save the money , want to put it into something worth it.
post #409 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by Jordasch View Post
I play an Odyssey #3. Pretty old, so Im looking into a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Odyssey Sabertooth? I really like the look, but havent gotten to Dicks to try one out. Anyone have any experience? Pros Cons?

P.S. Been doing a lot of small tasks and chores to save the money , want to put it into something worth it.
I recently bought a sabertooth, and oh my goodness do i love this thing. I call it the kitty. THE KITTY IS TO BE FEARED WHEN I BRING IT OUT!

It took me about 2 rounds to get used to it, but now I'm putting like a god. Yesterday I had only 1 3-putt(it was from the fringe with bad pin placement), with 3 1-putts, and the rest were 2-putts.

I previously had an older Odyssey myself and the upgrade to the sabertooth is amazing.

ONLY CON- The headcover gets annoying
post #410 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Odyssey XG #3, best looking and feeling putter that ive used.
post #411 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

I just bought a Ping Karsten B60 and played with it yesterday. I love this putter. I had lost all confidence in my Heavy Putter as far as distance control is concerned, but with the B60, I am lagging it to tap-in distance much more often. I'm going to keep the HP for now in case I need a different feel at some point.
post #412 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by Jordasch View Post
I play an Odyssey #3. Pretty old, so Im looking into a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the new Odyssey Sabertooth? I really like the look, but havent gotten to Dicks to try one out. Anyone have any experience? Pros Cons?
When I saw the Sabertooth I immediately was digging the look and wanting to try it. I really like the two-ball SRT with the XG insert- after trying the sabertooth, it reminds me of the SRT with a bit less weight and less stability/MOI. I'll buy one when my wife gets more used to the concept of a putter collection!
post #413 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

Originally Posted by hipcheck4u View Post
When I saw the Sabertooth I immediately was digging the look and wanting to try it. I really like the two-ball SRT with the XG insert- after trying the sabertooth, it reminds me of the SRT with a bit less weight and less stability/MOI. I'll buy one when my wife gets more used to the concept of a putter collection!
So, Im taking it that you liked that 'Tooth? Im really looking into one, and some opinions would be great!
post #414 of 601

Re: Which putter do you use?

when i get fitted, i'll be ordering myself a custom yes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Which putter do you use?