or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Feherty Sayings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Feherty Sayings - Page 2

post #19 of 36

An Irishman sits down to talk with a Scotsman.

 

post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by deasy55 View Post

Wayne Riley is hilarious. The things he says off air are even better. He would chat away with the crowd between shots and say some hilarious things.

 



 



no doubt, my dad knows him personally very well, i know him of sorts but my dad and him are proper mates, we met on holiday a while back

post #21 of 36

Feherty on Luke Donald's consistency: "He's a bloody walking ATM. I slid my AmEx between the cheeks of his ass and out popped $500."

post #22 of 36

He is hilaroius!!

 

post #23 of 36
I just love the most recent caddie episode. Idk why, but he just kept referencing how the caddies were taking the balls out of the players' sacks. I couldn't help but chuckle
post #24 of 36

Feherty is awesome.  He comes up with the most off the wall things to say, and while some of them are so inappropriate it's ok because it's Feherty... It's like he can get away with it just because it's him.

post #25 of 36

He comes out with some pretty outlandish things, and yet McCord was the one who was banned from Augusta for something about saying the greens were as smooth as a fresh brazilan wax or something wasn't he?

post #26 of 36
I really enjoy Feherty's personality. He talks with the joyful irreverence of a man that has cheated death a few times.
post #27 of 36
I think the most amazing part about Feherty is how he thinks up all of those analogies. I'm sure some are things he's heard growing up, and some are things he's hears, but how exactly does one think to compare Furyk's swing to an octopus falling out of a tree?
post #28 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

..... how exactly does one think to compare Furyk's swing to an octopus falling out of a tree?


Years of alcohol abuse probably created all sorts of bizarre images in his mind!  

 

post #29 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post

He comes out with some pretty outlandish things, and yet McCord was the one who was banned from Augusta for something about saying the greens were as smooth as a fresh brazilan wax or something wasn't he?



Yes...while I normally think McCord tries too hard to be funny, I thought that comment was humorous.  Per Sports Illustrated:

 

"He said the putting surfaces were so slick because 'they don't cut the greens here at Augusta, they use bikini wax.'"

 

Augusta may be a great course but their officials are a bunch of whiny brats IMO.

post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJBenn85 View Post





Yes...while I normally think McCord tries too hard to be funny, I thought that comment was humorous.  Per Sports Illustrated:

 

"He said the putting surfaces were so slick because 'they don't cut the greens here at Augusta, they use bikini wax.'"

 

Augusta may be a great course but their officials are a bunch of whiny brats IMO.

agreed.

I'm young (only 21) and I think the PGA needs to chill out on a lot of things in regard to mannerisms. Obviously golf is a gentlemans game and should stay that way, but they were all up in a tizzy about Fowler having his hat backwards at that one press conference. It's like really? Cmon
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post

He comes out with some pretty outlandish things, and yet McCord was the one who was banned from Augusta for something about saying the greens were as smooth as a fresh brazilan wax or something wasn't he?


That's because McCord is a clown, and Feherty is a wit. One acts when the other reacts. One is Curly Howard, and the other is Groucho Marx.

post #32 of 36

Curly Howard was way better than McCord!!  Feherty is just a natural wit.  On the show where he went to N. Ireland, his parent were on.  They had the wit as well, so it runs in the family.

post #33 of 36

"Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

"That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

"I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."

Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

Describing Vijay Singh's prodigious practice regime - "Vijay hits more balls than Elton John's chin."

"That's a great shot with that swing."

 

At Augusta 2011 - "It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

 

"That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."
 

"Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."
 

"That green appears smaller than a Pygmie's nipple".

post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

"Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

"That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

"I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."

Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

Describing Vijay Singh's prodigious practice regime - "Vijay hits more balls than Elton John's chin."

"That's a great shot with that swing."

 

At Augusta 2011 - "It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

 

"That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."
 

"Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."
 

"That green appears smaller than a Pygmie's nipple".

 

 

a3_biggrin.gif  Thanks Erik, I needed a good laugh this morning.  A couple of those I'd seen before, but most were new.  I almost fell out of my chair at the Faldo comment.

post #35 of 36

Whenever I read his one liners, I can't help but hear is Irish Voice.  He is absolutely stellar!  I love him!

post #36 of 36

Hahaha, I read this entire post hearing it in his voice in my head.  e2_whistling.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Feherty Sayings