Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 11/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) Last post on Today at 2:33 pm in Swing Thoughts
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
For golfers with average swing speed, about 93 or less with a driver who desire tour-like control around the green and a high launch off tee and irons, Callaway offers you the SR1 for your golfing...
My Swing (Hogan Project) - Page 14
I don't understand why you don't read Hogan's book, even after reading your explanation. As an engineer, I can relate to the joy of finding out something yourself, but I don't believe I would have ever learned thermodynamics by watching an air compressor. Why don't you ignore what he wrote about feel, and just use the pictures and diagrams as instructions? Had you read his book, you wouldn't be asking yourself a lot of these simple questions that you're stuck on. This is the proper foot position as shown by Hogan.
I haven't gone through this entire thread, but I don't believe you're putting as much into your grip as you should. I'm sure someone has told you this already, but Hogan basically says that your grip will make or break you, and says that without a proper grip, it is impossible to execute a proper swing. Even if you don't read Hogan's entire book, you need to read the section on the proper grip.
I can see a lot clearer when comparing animated gifs. And I have mucho issues.
- Hips turning to quickly during takeaway
- Right leg not becoming enough of a kickstand
- I have no transition
- Lag not being maintained on downswing
- Head/shoulders not staying back during downswing
- HIPS SLAMMING ON BRAKES!!!
- RIGHT ARM/ELBOW STRAIGHTENING BEFORE IMPACT!!!
- No reverse C
I'm really liking your swing improvements. How is it translating into your golf scores? The main things I'm seeing is that your upper body and head shift backwards in the back swing and you aren't thrusting your pelvis up at impact. See how Hogan's head turns, instead of shifts in the backswing and his belt buckle points more toward the sky at impact and follow through.
I wouldn't call what you see "improvements." I'd rather call them changes to what I was doing last year this time. Scores have changed. When I started all this I was averaging 104ish-107ish. I am now averaging 95 over my past 6 rounds. This could probably be a lot lower, but I don't use irons yet. I don't have any in my bag except my SW that I use to chip and pitch. I use a 4-hybrid for all iron-related shots, so from 190yds to about 70ds only the 4-hybrid. Yes, I know this is absolutely ridiculous, but with the full swing, I only want to focus on the wood clubs first. I may be ready for irons in winter 2012, but I don't know yet.
There are lots of illusions happening in Hogan's vids. Regarding the "pelvis up at impact," when you get a chance, take a video camera to the range and pull your pants up with the belt around the navel. Take a few swings and you will be amazed that your pelvis will be magically "up" at impact. Then lower your belt to normal level, and you will be once again amazed that your pelvis suddenly stopped going up at impact. I'll do this in a future vid so you can see what I'm talking about.
Most of these swings carried about 180-200yds either straight, fade, or pushed right. My major misses were topped shots that turned into real low line drives. Majority of the topped ones were without a tee. Still don't know where to put the ball in the stance. Top priority in these range sessions is the mechanical aesthetic stuff.
Hunh?? More hip slide?? Man, I'm sliding all over the place lol! I gotta find a way to slow the crashing hips. They're leaving my arms behind.
I'm skipping transition study for now and will put all efforts and brainpower into impact and what my right elbow does. I need an impact bag. I'm liking what I see here with pre impact, at impact, and post impact! Feels like I'm hitting rather than swinging here. Will drill it all week then take it to the range this weekend.
Your emulation looks pretty close however it may be hard to tell in slow motion, but your swing doesn't look that fluid. Like you are trying so hard to be the same as Hogan that you cannot be comfortable with the motion. I tend to try to model my swing after Freddy Couples. Not exactly but in transition. Works very well for me. Very smooth. Your swing looks a little forced and I am not real sure but your athletic abilities may also be a limitation.
We'll no offense or anything but not a 25 handicapper. I'm a 17 handicap and I'm FAR from being good at golf. I really do not know what a "good" golfer would normally score but let me rephrase... Are you trying to better yourself at golf or just look like Ben Hogan when you golf? Once again I am not trying to offend, just trying to get an idea of whats going on here.
- My Swing (Hogan Project)
- › Push cart vs carrying the bag 3 minutes ago
- › Songs With Girls Names In Title... 5 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 8 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 11 minutes ago
- › The tool USGA officials hope will help solve the problem of slow play 30 minutes ago
- › The European Tour's 2014 Final Series 36 minutes ago
- › Club's dress code crackdown leads to a violent uprising - Weston CC... 54 minutes ago
- › Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) 1 hour ago
- › Michael Phelps alleged girlfriend was once a man?!! wth?! 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › My Swing (No Mulligans) 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by CarlSpackler
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes