This year id like to break 90 and then stay in the 80's. Long term break 80 only been playing less than a year and im 19 so i've time on my side if anything.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
I was lucky enough to participate in a TST review of the e5. I completed Bridgestone's B-FIT online ball selection guide and, depending on whether I chose a ProV1 or a Srixon or a 330S or a 330RX...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 10
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get my index back under 14. Not a lofty goal but I'm time limited, so I have to work on quality rather than quantity of golf. Since I restarted playing two years ago I've seen improvement but not enough of it. I have to improve my game from 150 and in to cut strokes. My irons just aren't dependable enough since I just don't have good enough control over the depth of my divots.
However this weekend I played lights out golf for me, been practicing an awful lot and never hit it better. Then I hit hole 7 shirt par 4 protected by trees back right hole location, hit my 3 wood down the left into rough. Hit the most gorgeous open face PW chip as my swing was impeded. In the fringe less than 12ft away. Putt to within 2 1/2 ft. Then I kid you not I ended up 4 putting the green. Add that to a bunker that took 2 shots to get out of they were the only poor shots I hit.
Anyway add up my score and it's 50 for 9 holes. No better or worse. All that practice even my playing partner can see the improvement but the score doesn't lie.
So my goals now are more like when I used to play tennis. I mean you just try to win not attain a score, so practice was more to do with shot execution. So my golfing goals are more to do with particular shots and executing those with consistency. Scores can fluctuate too much to be a reliable guide.
I'm absolutely positive that the score will take care of itself when I shift mentally to the shot at hand everytime.
Earlier on, I wrote that my goal is to make good contact. After weeks of trying different swing tips, I finally found one that made a majorhe
improvement in ball contact after modifying it somewhat. The tip was to take practice swings where you stop the downswing half way down,
return the club back to the top, and repeat this several times. The purpose of this drill was to develop a better feel for where the club was at
the top, but when I did this drill, I noticed that doing this allowed me more time to sight the location of the ball. In order to incorporate this into
my playing swing, I simply held the club at the top longer, essentially coming to a complete stop. I've been told that this is a bad thing to do,
but I'm guessing this improved my eye-hand coordination, which is rather poor to begin with since I have a little problem with double vision.
It is probably my imagination, but the ball looked bigger, but I think that this is probably due to it being more prominent in my vision than without.
I experimented with several situations that gave me a lot of trouble, such as ball above feet, ball below feet, feet in bunker with ball on grass, and
I was able to make good contact on these situations that I hardly practice.
- Develop a swing that allows clean, consistent ball-first contact. The scores will take care of themselves.
- Find a couple of golf partners who love to golf as much as I do and are similarly busy at work and home.
- Move to a warmer climate where I can golf more than 6 months per year (not gonna happen but I wish it could).
Practice practice practice. Since my lessons, my new swing is hit & miss. I will play pretty consistent for most of the round but I'll have stretches on each side where the swing totally disappears and I'll end up with 6 holes that I played in 14/15 over. A total round killer.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Need help please! Slicing horrible. 2 minutes ago
- › IO Things and Golf 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone else find it easier to hit blades? 12 minutes ago
- › Return to 'Competitive' Golf 14 minutes ago
- › First and perhaps only Double Eagle!! in my life 18 minutes ago
- › Lucy Li Interview [Golf Digest] 19 minutes ago
- › Counter-balanced Putters 23 minutes ago
- › Short Game, Your best and worst shots! 24 minutes ago
- › How far should i bring the club back? 35 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 42 minutes ago
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › TaylorMade Mens Tour 360 ATV - White/Black/Metalic Silver Golf Shoes by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes