This year id like to break 90 and then stay in the 80's. Long term break 80 only been playing less than a year and im 19 so i've time on my side if anything.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 10
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get my index back under 14. Not a lofty goal but I'm time limited, so I have to work on quality rather than quantity of golf. Since I restarted playing two years ago I've seen improvement but not enough of it. I have to improve my game from 150 and in to cut strokes. My irons just aren't dependable enough since I just don't have good enough control over the depth of my divots.
However this weekend I played lights out golf for me, been practicing an awful lot and never hit it better. Then I hit hole 7 shirt par 4 protected by trees back right hole location, hit my 3 wood down the left into rough. Hit the most gorgeous open face PW chip as my swing was impeded. In the fringe less than 12ft away. Putt to within 2 1/2 ft. Then I kid you not I ended up 4 putting the green. Add that to a bunker that took 2 shots to get out of they were the only poor shots I hit.
Anyway add up my score and it's 50 for 9 holes. No better or worse. All that practice even my playing partner can see the improvement but the score doesn't lie.
So my goals now are more like when I used to play tennis. I mean you just try to win not attain a score, so practice was more to do with shot execution. So my golfing goals are more to do with particular shots and executing those with consistency. Scores can fluctuate too much to be a reliable guide.
I'm absolutely positive that the score will take care of itself when I shift mentally to the shot at hand everytime.
Earlier on, I wrote that my goal is to make good contact. After weeks of trying different swing tips, I finally found one that made a majorhe
improvement in ball contact after modifying it somewhat. The tip was to take practice swings where you stop the downswing half way down,
return the club back to the top, and repeat this several times. The purpose of this drill was to develop a better feel for where the club was at
the top, but when I did this drill, I noticed that doing this allowed me more time to sight the location of the ball. In order to incorporate this into
my playing swing, I simply held the club at the top longer, essentially coming to a complete stop. I've been told that this is a bad thing to do,
but I'm guessing this improved my eye-hand coordination, which is rather poor to begin with since I have a little problem with double vision.
It is probably my imagination, but the ball looked bigger, but I think that this is probably due to it being more prominent in my vision than without.
I experimented with several situations that gave me a lot of trouble, such as ball above feet, ball below feet, feet in bunker with ball on grass, and
I was able to make good contact on these situations that I hardly practice.
- Develop a swing that allows clean, consistent ball-first contact. The scores will take care of themselves.
- Find a couple of golf partners who love to golf as much as I do and are similarly busy at work and home.
- Move to a warmer climate where I can golf more than 6 months per year (not gonna happen but I wish it could).
Practice practice practice. Since my lessons, my new swing is hit & miss. I will play pretty consistent for most of the round but I'll have stretches on each side where the swing totally disappears and I'll end up with 6 holes that I played in 14/15 over. A total round killer.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Food Thread 1 minute ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › My Swing (cipher) 8 minutes ago
- › Tips to Improve Slow Play 8 minutes ago
- › My Swing (FaldosEgo) 15 minutes ago
- › Are you spending 70% of your practice time on your short game like... 24 minutes ago
- › Having issues hitting my wedges..... grrrrrrrrr 39 minutes ago
- › What will you watch more of? Wentworth or Colonial. *VOTE* 39 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 @ Industry Hills... 59 minutes ago
- › Claim Chowder: Rory has another Decade (or has to change his swing) 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest