This year id like to break 90 and then stay in the 80's. Long term break 80 only been playing less than a year and im 19 so i've time on my side if anything.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
New this year from True Linkswear is the TRUE motion. Set at $119.95, it is a step up from last years TRUE vegas shoe. From True Linkswear: The Motion was inspired by the popular TRUE street...
This is a very solid belt. A little wider than what I normally wear for golf, but that's more a commentary on my lack of style, than on the belt itself. Nice supple leather that needs no...
River Forest CC is my home course. This is a shorter course but don't be fooled by the lack of length. The greens are small and the fairways are tight. The layout of the course is fair, but you...
In my opinion, they are an excellent grip for both players who use gloves and those who do not. I really like the feel of the "reduced taper" which gives my lower hand a positive feel. The top...
Bought 4 dozen of these when they on sale and I got a really good deal on the balls and I have used them this week playing 4 rounds. I really enjoyed using the ball and did not feel a huge...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 10
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get my index back under 14. Not a lofty goal but I'm time limited, so I have to work on quality rather than quantity of golf. Since I restarted playing two years ago I've seen improvement but not enough of it. I have to improve my game from 150 and in to cut strokes. My irons just aren't dependable enough since I just don't have good enough control over the depth of my divots.
However this weekend I played lights out golf for me, been practicing an awful lot and never hit it better. Then I hit hole 7 shirt par 4 protected by trees back right hole location, hit my 3 wood down the left into rough. Hit the most gorgeous open face PW chip as my swing was impeded. In the fringe less than 12ft away. Putt to within 2 1/2 ft. Then I kid you not I ended up 4 putting the green. Add that to a bunker that took 2 shots to get out of they were the only poor shots I hit.
Anyway add up my score and it's 50 for 9 holes. No better or worse. All that practice even my playing partner can see the improvement but the score doesn't lie.
So my goals now are more like when I used to play tennis. I mean you just try to win not attain a score, so practice was more to do with shot execution. So my golfing goals are more to do with particular shots and executing those with consistency. Scores can fluctuate too much to be a reliable guide.
I'm absolutely positive that the score will take care of itself when I shift mentally to the shot at hand everytime.
Earlier on, I wrote that my goal is to make good contact. After weeks of trying different swing tips, I finally found one that made a majorhe
improvement in ball contact after modifying it somewhat. The tip was to take practice swings where you stop the downswing half way down,
return the club back to the top, and repeat this several times. The purpose of this drill was to develop a better feel for where the club was at
the top, but when I did this drill, I noticed that doing this allowed me more time to sight the location of the ball. In order to incorporate this into
my playing swing, I simply held the club at the top longer, essentially coming to a complete stop. I've been told that this is a bad thing to do,
but I'm guessing this improved my eye-hand coordination, which is rather poor to begin with since I have a little problem with double vision.
It is probably my imagination, but the ball looked bigger, but I think that this is probably due to it being more prominent in my vision than without.
I experimented with several situations that gave me a lot of trouble, such as ball above feet, ball below feet, feet in bunker with ball on grass, and
I was able to make good contact on these situations that I hardly practice.
- Develop a swing that allows clean, consistent ball-first contact. The scores will take care of themselves.
- Find a couple of golf partners who love to golf as much as I do and are similarly busy at work and home.
- Move to a warmer climate where I can golf more than 6 months per year (not gonna happen but I wish it could).
Practice practice practice. Since my lessons, my new swing is hit & miss. I will play pretty consistent for most of the round but I'll have stretches on each side where the swing totally disappears and I'll end up with 6 holes that I played in 14/15 over. A total round killer.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › New golf hack here from Washington 10 minutes ago
- › How do you grip the club? 15 minutes ago
- › Article on:Spieth taking more money from Tony Romo than he can count 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Time to clamp down on moronic heckler's and camera phones? 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › 3 Keys to Better Putting 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Opinion on pros and cons of private club membership 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › trouble with blocking driver/hands coming across body 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › My Swing (SoundandFury) 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › True Linkswear TRUE motion by boogielicious
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by David in FL
- › Freeport, PA by dfreuter415
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by Club Rat
- › Srixon Z-Star XV by Tgb02
- › Talon Golf Glove by Jakester23
- › Cobra Men's Bio Cell Driver by Uncle Peter
- › George Wright Golf Course by Back 9 Bandit
- › PING Glide Wedges by Golfingdad
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by Shindig
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest