- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 15
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sometimes I feel like the golf gods are working against me. twice I have been in a position to hit my main goal of shooting in the mid-90's only to have something interupt my game. Last September the storm siren went off on the 14th hole. I was then stricken with a herniated disc and pinched nerve which killed the rest of the season for me. This year I am back and once again the other day I was playing great and the wife calls -- I have to leave right away to pick-up the kids. Ugh. When I play terrible I have all the time in the world, but on those occasions I actually play well..BAM!
I've been trying to play 1-2 times every week, but between the drenching rain, cold and wind it's been tough to get out there consistently.
Score-wise, I always want to shoot in the 70's but I'm really not as focused on the final number anymore. I want to make sure I have fun. I want to get another hole in one, make back to back eagles, hole out from the fairway, go on a birdie run, chip a couple balls in during the same round, hole out from the bunker, hit the flop shot and drop it on the hole, make the 25+ footer, cut the corner, drive the green, make double eagle, save par from un-parable circumstances lol..... etc.... I go for the pin, Each round I want to play a couple good holes and hit a couple really good shots...
GOAL: Make it Fun, hit shots that I remember.. make it fun for those I play with.
My first goal for this season is to improve from hi-cap down to mid-cap.
My second goal is to learn a proper driver swing. Thusfar, I've played from the closest tees for beginners (C). I open from the tee with hybrid.
Lack of good driver swing would cost me strokes in the future, if I want to play from the medium tees (B).
Third goal is to get better at chipping and pitching. Especially chipping because I get frequent mishits in my chips.
I just accomplished a goal of less than 36 putts (35...15 on the back 9) but still falling short of my main goal this year of breaking 100. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife is due June 8th I would say I would easily be in the 90s by the end of the summer but I'm definitely gonna be strapped for time....for a great reason :)
My other goal is to be able to consistently drive 230 without ending up in the woods. I know most people on here hit the ball 300+ but My biggest strengths right now are my hybrids/5W from the fairway and my short game so I don't mind being short, hitting my approach near the green and getting down in 3 for bogey, I'm just so inconsistent off the tee...even when I use my 3W or 5W.
Personal goal is to get to a low teen handicap (13-15). I do not exactly expect greatness or be a single digit guy, but if I quit loosing so many balls off the tee box, I immediately become a mid 80's player. Short term goal: continue to get used to this new driver. It has served me well so far and loosing less balls. Shot a 92 Friday. Hoping to break 90 very soon.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Practice backswing is good - actual not so much 19 minutes ago
- › Worth upgrading ping g15 to g20/25? 22 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 30 minutes ago
- › 2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Discussion Thread 48 minutes ago
- › To Hybrid or not to Hybrid? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › 2015 LPGA Swinging Skirts: Ko wins again. 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Driver shaft too flexy? 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › my swing (bmerks) 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › First tourney tomorrow - Quick Question on 3 iron 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › What Are You Working On? 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest