- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 15
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sometimes I feel like the golf gods are working against me. twice I have been in a position to hit my main goal of shooting in the mid-90's only to have something interupt my game. Last September the storm siren went off on the 14th hole. I was then stricken with a herniated disc and pinched nerve which killed the rest of the season for me. This year I am back and once again the other day I was playing great and the wife calls -- I have to leave right away to pick-up the kids. Ugh. When I play terrible I have all the time in the world, but on those occasions I actually play well..BAM!
I've been trying to play 1-2 times every week, but between the drenching rain, cold and wind it's been tough to get out there consistently.
Score-wise, I always want to shoot in the 70's but I'm really not as focused on the final number anymore. I want to make sure I have fun. I want to get another hole in one, make back to back eagles, hole out from the fairway, go on a birdie run, chip a couple balls in during the same round, hole out from the bunker, hit the flop shot and drop it on the hole, make the 25+ footer, cut the corner, drive the green, make double eagle, save par from un-parable circumstances lol..... etc.... I go for the pin, Each round I want to play a couple good holes and hit a couple really good shots...
GOAL: Make it Fun, hit shots that I remember.. make it fun for those I play with.
My first goal for this season is to improve from hi-cap down to mid-cap.
My second goal is to learn a proper driver swing. Thusfar, I've played from the closest tees for beginners (C). I open from the tee with hybrid.
Lack of good driver swing would cost me strokes in the future, if I want to play from the medium tees (B).
Third goal is to get better at chipping and pitching. Especially chipping because I get frequent mishits in my chips.
I just accomplished a goal of less than 36 putts (35...15 on the back 9) but still falling short of my main goal this year of breaking 100. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife is due June 8th I would say I would easily be in the 90s by the end of the summer but I'm definitely gonna be strapped for time....for a great reason :)
My other goal is to be able to consistently drive 230 without ending up in the woods. I know most people on here hit the ball 300+ but My biggest strengths right now are my hybrids/5W from the fairway and my short game so I don't mind being short, hitting my approach near the green and getting down in 3 for bogey, I'm just so inconsistent off the tee...even when I use my 3W or 5W.
Personal goal is to get to a low teen handicap (13-15). I do not exactly expect greatness or be a single digit guy, but if I quit loosing so many balls off the tee box, I immediately become a mid 80's player. Short term goal: continue to get used to this new driver. It has served me well so far and loosing less balls. Shot a 92 Friday. Hoping to break 90 very soon.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › 2015 PGA Merchandise Show - Videos and Photos, Latest from Ben... 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › List the driver you see as the furthest and which driver as the... 8 minutes ago
- › John Daly Driver show on Golf Channel Academy 16 minutes ago
- › Choosing a new driver. 23 minutes ago
- › KickX Tour Z Golf Balls - Now Widely Available 24 minutes ago
- › First trip to a pro tracer range 25 minutes ago
- › Diary of a bogey golfer with his 1st custom fit clubs 36 minutes ago
- › Golf Celebrations 36 minutes ago
- › Totally lost my swing.. 38 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes