- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 15
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sometimes I feel like the golf gods are working against me. twice I have been in a position to hit my main goal of shooting in the mid-90's only to have something interupt my game. Last September the storm siren went off on the 14th hole. I was then stricken with a herniated disc and pinched nerve which killed the rest of the season for me. This year I am back and once again the other day I was playing great and the wife calls -- I have to leave right away to pick-up the kids. Ugh. When I play terrible I have all the time in the world, but on those occasions I actually play well..BAM!
I've been trying to play 1-2 times every week, but between the drenching rain, cold and wind it's been tough to get out there consistently.
Score-wise, I always want to shoot in the 70's but I'm really not as focused on the final number anymore. I want to make sure I have fun. I want to get another hole in one, make back to back eagles, hole out from the fairway, go on a birdie run, chip a couple balls in during the same round, hole out from the bunker, hit the flop shot and drop it on the hole, make the 25+ footer, cut the corner, drive the green, make double eagle, save par from un-parable circumstances lol..... etc.... I go for the pin, Each round I want to play a couple good holes and hit a couple really good shots...
GOAL: Make it Fun, hit shots that I remember.. make it fun for those I play with.
My first goal for this season is to improve from hi-cap down to mid-cap.
My second goal is to learn a proper driver swing. Thusfar, I've played from the closest tees for beginners (C). I open from the tee with hybrid.
Lack of good driver swing would cost me strokes in the future, if I want to play from the medium tees (B).
Third goal is to get better at chipping and pitching. Especially chipping because I get frequent mishits in my chips.
I just accomplished a goal of less than 36 putts (35...15 on the back 9) but still falling short of my main goal this year of breaking 100. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife is due June 8th I would say I would easily be in the 90s by the end of the summer but I'm definitely gonna be strapped for time....for a great reason :)
My other goal is to be able to consistently drive 230 without ending up in the woods. I know most people on here hit the ball 300+ but My biggest strengths right now are my hybrids/5W from the fairway and my short game so I don't mind being short, hitting my approach near the green and getting down in 3 for bogey, I'm just so inconsistent off the tee...even when I use my 3W or 5W.
Personal goal is to get to a low teen handicap (13-15). I do not exactly expect greatness or be a single digit guy, but if I quit loosing so many balls off the tee box, I immediately become a mid 80's player. Short term goal: continue to get used to this new driver. It has served me well so far and loosing less balls. Shot a 92 Friday. Hoping to break 90 very soon.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Classics.....Answer irons?? 2 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 6 minutes ago
- › The Worst (and Best) Golf Club Logos 9 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 10 minutes ago
- › Scratch Players: Practice and Playing Frequency 16 minutes ago
- › The Drive for 5... 21 minutes ago
- › Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now 27 minutes ago
- › My Swing (William W) 30 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015) 35 minutes ago
- › The Films and Movies Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes