I'd like to get at or close to single digit handicap. Right now I'm not having much fun at all golfing so I either need to improve or quit. I don't have the mentality to play if I continue to play at the level I'm at.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 16
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get to the low teens (score low 80s from the low 90s/high 80s) this year. The goal is get to 3 keys with any club fitted to me, and to get my putts down from 38 down to 32/33.
My son's goals is to get to high 70s before the start of the next golf season. His disappointing loss into "CIF second team" has him inspired to practice more than the usual 2 hours a week during the off season. He got a par 5 552 yard birdie start and progressively scored worse on every hole till he finished the 18th "defeated" with a 96 (74.4/134), 6 OB approaches cost him 12 strokes, he hit 12 fairways. He feels that course management was the main reason for the terrible score. His swing is good, but he needs to translate that to good ball striking and shot shaping. He is also allowed to use a rangefinder, so that will be on the to buy list.
Good news, is that both of us are inspired to shoot much better now. I am inspired so that I can be reasonable competition for him during our "fun" rounds together off season.
my personal goal for golf is to win a points championship trophy in the A flight of the amateur tour I play on.ive won 4 tournament trophies while in B flight but A flight is lot harder.was promoted to A flight right after taking over lead in points in B flight so couldn't win the big trophy.I would also like to win one of our two day major tournaments for a bigger trophy and eventually be national champion in my flight at end of year on our tour.
At the start of the year I said get below 3 on my index but it appears I'm struggling just to maintain my current 5, My driving has become too erratic for the course I play and 1 bad shot can turn a par into a triple very fast where I play, I know in a few more months the native grasses will die off opening up the course some so I think if I can improve my tee shots some over the next few weeks I should give myself a fighting chance to reach this goal, a lesson appears in the cards for sure, I just need to make sure I have time available following it so I can work on the things I have from the session.
Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it's not the rotator cuff.
Which resort? Hope it was worth it. Get well.
Went to Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. Hurt it at snowbird on the last day...flying down the back of the mountain waaayyyy too fast, hit a patch and just ragdolled 100 or so feet.
I mean there are so many things I would love to accomplish in golf, but one that stands out is that I want to beat my dad. My dad has beaten me every time we have hit the links and it gets under my skin sometimes. I know I can beat him, I got lots of practice in the off season so I'm ready.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Dash Day takes a couple of passes at the ball 8 minutes ago
- › David Feherty contract reportedly not renewed 9 minutes ago
- › Best Shot of the Week 24 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 26 minutes ago
- › Extreme uphill lie 29 minutes ago
- › Groundskeeper extracts mole from fairway w/bare hand 40 minutes ago
- › Picking up a Ball in Play 50 minutes ago
- › Hello from straw plains tn 52 minutes ago
- › My Swing (William W) 58 minutes ago
- › Garmin s6 GPS Watch or Garmin G6 Approach 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes