I'd like to get at or close to single digit handicap. Right now I'm not having much fun at all golfing so I either need to improve or quit. I don't have the mentality to play if I continue to play at the level I'm at.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 16
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get to the low teens (score low 80s from the low 90s/high 80s) this year. The goal is get to 3 keys with any club fitted to me, and to get my putts down from 38 down to 32/33.
My son's goals is to get to high 70s before the start of the next golf season. His disappointing loss into "CIF second team" has him inspired to practice more than the usual 2 hours a week during the off season. He got a par 5 552 yard birdie start and progressively scored worse on every hole till he finished the 18th "defeated" with a 96 (74.4/134), 6 OB approaches cost him 12 strokes, he hit 12 fairways. He feels that course management was the main reason for the terrible score. His swing is good, but he needs to translate that to good ball striking and shot shaping. He is also allowed to use a rangefinder, so that will be on the to buy list.
Good news, is that both of us are inspired to shoot much better now. I am inspired so that I can be reasonable competition for him during our "fun" rounds together off season.
my personal goal for golf is to win a points championship trophy in the A flight of the amateur tour I play on.ive won 4 tournament trophies while in B flight but A flight is lot harder.was promoted to A flight right after taking over lead in points in B flight so couldn't win the big trophy.I would also like to win one of our two day major tournaments for a bigger trophy and eventually be national champion in my flight at end of year on our tour.
At the start of the year I said get below 3 on my index but it appears I'm struggling just to maintain my current 5, My driving has become too erratic for the course I play and 1 bad shot can turn a par into a triple very fast where I play, I know in a few more months the native grasses will die off opening up the course some so I think if I can improve my tee shots some over the next few weeks I should give myself a fighting chance to reach this goal, a lesson appears in the cards for sure, I just need to make sure I have time available following it so I can work on the things I have from the session.
Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it's not the rotator cuff.
Which resort? Hope it was worth it. Get well.
Went to Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. Hurt it at snowbird on the last day...flying down the back of the mountain waaayyyy too fast, hit a patch and just ragdolled 100 or so feet.
I mean there are so many things I would love to accomplish in golf, but one that stands out is that I want to beat my dad. My dad has beaten me every time we have hit the links and it gets under my skin sometimes. I know I can beat him, I got lots of practice in the off season so I'm ready.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 46 seconds ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 7 minutes ago
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone look at NBC's science of golf website? It's got some great... 19 minutes ago
- › Bluejack National Video - This is NOT Satire 23 minutes ago
- › Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart? 25 minutes ago
- › Shoulder Turn & Balance 25 minutes ago
- › Should I Replace These Clubs? 30 minutes ago
- › Volvik Golf Balls... Yours FREE! 48 minutes ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 56 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes