I'd like to get at or close to single digit handicap. Right now I'm not having much fun at all golfing so I either need to improve or quit. I don't have the mentality to play if I continue to play at the level I'm at.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 16
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get to the low teens (score low 80s from the low 90s/high 80s) this year. The goal is get to 3 keys with any club fitted to me, and to get my putts down from 38 down to 32/33.
My son's goals is to get to high 70s before the start of the next golf season. His disappointing loss into "CIF second team" has him inspired to practice more than the usual 2 hours a week during the off season. He got a par 5 552 yard birdie start and progressively scored worse on every hole till he finished the 18th "defeated" with a 96 (74.4/134), 6 OB approaches cost him 12 strokes, he hit 12 fairways. He feels that course management was the main reason for the terrible score. His swing is good, but he needs to translate that to good ball striking and shot shaping. He is also allowed to use a rangefinder, so that will be on the to buy list.
Good news, is that both of us are inspired to shoot much better now. I am inspired so that I can be reasonable competition for him during our "fun" rounds together off season.
my personal goal for golf is to win a points championship trophy in the A flight of the amateur tour I play on.ive won 4 tournament trophies while in B flight but A flight is lot harder.was promoted to A flight right after taking over lead in points in B flight so couldn't win the big trophy.I would also like to win one of our two day major tournaments for a bigger trophy and eventually be national champion in my flight at end of year on our tour.
At the start of the year I said get below 3 on my index but it appears I'm struggling just to maintain my current 5, My driving has become too erratic for the course I play and 1 bad shot can turn a par into a triple very fast where I play, I know in a few more months the native grasses will die off opening up the course some so I think if I can improve my tee shots some over the next few weeks I should give myself a fighting chance to reach this goal, a lesson appears in the cards for sure, I just need to make sure I have time available following it so I can work on the things I have from the session.
Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it's not the rotator cuff.
Which resort? Hope it was worth it. Get well.
Went to Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. Hurt it at snowbird on the last day...flying down the back of the mountain waaayyyy too fast, hit a patch and just ragdolled 100 or so feet.
I mean there are so many things I would love to accomplish in golf, but one that stands out is that I want to beat my dad. My dad has beaten me every time we have hit the links and it gets under my skin sometimes. I know I can beat him, I got lots of practice in the off season so I'm ready.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › A Golfer's Good and Bad Swings Look the Same - They're Repeatable... 2 minutes ago
- › Golf Skate Caddy 3 minutes ago
- › Clubhead Size 7 minutes ago
- › Are you spending 70% of your practice time on your short game like... 8 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › US Mid Amateur and 4-ball qualifying - Course Suggestions 12 minutes ago
- › Rules questions - moving ball and multiple penalties? 19 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 22 minutes ago
- › AimPoint Green Reading 28 minutes ago
- › Playing Golf with Someone Carrying a Weapon 29 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest