I'd like to get at or close to single digit handicap. Right now I'm not having much fun at all golfing so I either need to improve or quit. I don't have the mentality to play if I continue to play at the level I'm at.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 10/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on Today at 10:04 am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 16
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
My goal is to get to the low teens (score low 80s from the low 90s/high 80s) this year. The goal is get to 3 keys with any club fitted to me, and to get my putts down from 38 down to 32/33.
My son's goals is to get to high 70s before the start of the next golf season. His disappointing loss into "CIF second team" has him inspired to practice more than the usual 2 hours a week during the off season. He got a par 5 552 yard birdie start and progressively scored worse on every hole till he finished the 18th "defeated" with a 96 (74.4/134), 6 OB approaches cost him 12 strokes, he hit 12 fairways. He feels that course management was the main reason for the terrible score. His swing is good, but he needs to translate that to good ball striking and shot shaping. He is also allowed to use a rangefinder, so that will be on the to buy list.
Good news, is that both of us are inspired to shoot much better now. I am inspired so that I can be reasonable competition for him during our "fun" rounds together off season.
my personal goal for golf is to win a points championship trophy in the A flight of the amateur tour I play on.ive won 4 tournament trophies while in B flight but A flight is lot harder.was promoted to A flight right after taking over lead in points in B flight so couldn't win the big trophy.I would also like to win one of our two day major tournaments for a bigger trophy and eventually be national champion in my flight at end of year on our tour.
At the start of the year I said get below 3 on my index but it appears I'm struggling just to maintain my current 5, My driving has become too erratic for the course I play and 1 bad shot can turn a par into a triple very fast where I play, I know in a few more months the native grasses will die off opening up the course some so I think if I can improve my tee shots some over the next few weeks I should give myself a fighting chance to reach this goal, a lesson appears in the cards for sure, I just need to make sure I have time available following it so I can work on the things I have from the session.
Bummer about the shoulder. Hope it's not the rotator cuff.
Which resort? Hope it was worth it. Get well.
Went to Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton. Hurt it at snowbird on the last day...flying down the back of the mountain waaayyyy too fast, hit a patch and just ragdolled 100 or so feet.
I mean there are so many things I would love to accomplish in golf, but one that stands out is that I want to beat my dad. My dad has beaten me every time we have hit the links and it gets under my skin sometimes. I know I can beat him, I got lots of practice in the off season so I'm ready.
- What is your personal goal for golf?
- › New Pros Don't Know the Rules 2 minutes ago
- › Las Vegas Golf Course Recommendation 5 minutes ago
- › POLL: Do you book tee times online? 11 minutes ago
- › 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Mizuno owners, why do they call us snobs?? 18 minutes ago
- › Is Martin Hall a lurker on this site? 22 minutes ago
- › Cart fee double dip 24 minutes ago
- › Would you play a non-conforming (illegal) driver? 24 minutes ago
- › What's a 'hook lie'? 46 minutes ago
- › 2015 Dubai Desert Classic 53 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes