or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What is your personal goal for golf?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is your personal goal for golf? - Page 5

post #73 of 289

#1 Scratch Golfer #2 Shot a round under par

post #74 of 289

My first personal goal is to make my index read 15.0 or below by my birthday, May 21st. My second goal is to break 90. I already know I can do it because I was shooting 90 coming into the 17th hole and all I had to do was to par 17 and 18. Of course it didn't play out like that but I know it's there.

post #75 of 289

Break into the 80's and hit straight drives with decent distance.

post #76 of 289

Break 80 in the next 12 months.

 

Break 70 some day.

post #77 of 289

started playing at age 46 (2011).      ~ 220 rounds or so under my belt to date - went from off the chart bad to 18.1.      Obsessed with everything golf.    I have 2 years until I'm 50 & would like to be single hcp by then.    I have no greater aspirations with the body I have left than that ... we'll see if I can do it - it's all about the flat stick for me - I've really developed a dislike for putting, only part of the game I don't enjoy (if I could putt my way out of a paper bag, I would be close to goal right now).   I need to incorporate more practice & less course time to really dial in the longer fairway clubs & short game.

post #78 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post

started playing at age 46 (2011).      ~ 220 rounds or so under my belt to date - went from off the chart bad to 18.1.      Obsessed with everything golf.    I have 2 years until I'm 50 & would like to be single hcp by then.    I have no greater aspirations with the body I have left than that ... we'll see if I can do it - it's all about the flat stick for me - I've really developed a dislike for putting, only part of the game I don't enjoy (if I could putt my way out of a paper bag, I would be close to goal right now).   I need to incorporate more practice & less course time to really dial in the longer fairway clubs & short game.

 

This is what probably held me back more than anything else.  While I was still working, any time I to spare for golf was spent on the course playing.  Hitting balls on the range just bores me, and I can only spend so much time on the putting green before I lose focus and I'm just batting balls around.  I seem to need the challenge of actual play to keep my mind on the job.

 

The best time I put in for practice was often still a modified form of play.  Some of my most effective practice was on the par 3 course of my local complex.  I was working swing shift, so I'd go out on weekday mornings when I virtually had the course to myself and play their par 3 course.  It has holes from 80 yards to 200 yards, plenty of bunkers, 3 holes where water hazards come into play, so it's nice little short game practice course.  I'd play shots from all of the bunkers, drop 4 or 5 balls randomly around each green and work on pitching and chipping.  I owe a lot of what short game skill I have to that course.

post #79 of 289

My next goal, to break 80.

After that, single digit HCP

After that...I can't even conceive of breaking par or anything, but maybe I will one day!

post #80 of 289
I just want to break 80 this year and times getting short. I have reached 80 but need that one more. I figure for year 6 of playing thats a good goal.a5_crying.gif
post #81 of 289

Broke 90 for the first time this year, so I have 80 in the gunsights for this year.

 

I also will play a round a week with my kids.  I hope they can enjoy the game with me, as I hope it is something we can do together for years to come. 

post #82 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrey85 View Post

My first personal goal is to make my index read 15.0 or below by my birthday, May 21st. My second goal is to break 90. I already know I can do it because I was shooting 90 coming into the 17th hole and all I had to do was to par 17 and 18. Of course it didn't play out like that but I know it's there.

 

No offence, but if you can't break 90, how can your handicap be anywhere near 15?

post #83 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBDD View Post

 

No offence, but if you can't break 90, how can your handicap be anywhere near 15?


His handicap on his avatar shows  26.9. He wants it to be lower than that  along with breaking  90 by may 21st.  Kinda go hand in hand.

post #84 of 289

My goal for golf is to become a low single digit and pass the qualifications to become a certified PGA instructor by the time I'm 55.  I'm currently 38.  Ultimately I want to teach kids to play golf as a "retirement career".

post #85 of 289

To take my driving range swing to the golf course. One of the hardest things I've ever tried to do. It's all mental for me a2_wink.gif

post #86 of 289

Shoot my age(70) last year I came into the 18th -2 needing a birdie to do that, 69 then, and hit my second shot into the green side bunker under the lip and made double. UGH. My real goal is to just play the game and enjoy it to its fullest.

post #87 of 289

Goals:

 

#1.  Hit more fairways with my Driver

 

#2.  Break 80

 

#3.  Make an Eagle

 

#4.  Make an Ace

 

#5.  Play to a single digit index

post #88 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf View Post

Goals:

 

#1.  Hit more fairways with my Driver

 

#2.  Break 80

 

#3.  Make an Eagle

 

#4.  Make an Ace

 

#5.  Play to a single digit index


MBG, those are great goals, what steps are you taking to achieve them?

post #89 of 289

Long term goal is to shoot my age one day. My father has done it numerous times, he did it first when he was 67. He is 72 now and does it regularly these days.

post #90 of 289

My goals are to play more great courses, preferably with good friends.As to the score..., maybe once upon a time but, these days, to me its more about enjoying being out there having a great laugh with the guys.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What is your personal goal for golf?