Wow! I have just read most of this thread and my sides ache from laughing so hard! Love the stuff about Ivan!
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 11/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:44pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:23pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done - Page 4
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
ive got a friend who was in the final rounds of the mass amateur (match play section) and he hit the ball to three feet it took one hop and spun off the green into water. he proceeded to take his whole bag and throw it in the same lake: cell phone, wallet, clubs, and all. I think he finished at like a 76 too.
About 10 - 11 yrs ago (I was younger and less control of my temper) I got fully disgusted as I hit three balls in a row into the water on a 180 yrd par 3. I picked up my bag with my clubs and I tossed it into the pond, swearing I would never play golf again. Everyone stood with their mouths open, then everyone busted out laughing when I announced my wallet and car keys were in my bag. I had to swim in murky nasty water and dive down about 3 to 4 feet to retrieve my bag. I got my wallet and keys, gave my bag to a buddy and walked away. I did not golf again for 7 yrs.
Young guy (20 something), pretty good player ( had about 4 or 5 birdies and about the same amount of bogeys), but when he hit a bad shot the club was going to fly.
First one of real note was a textbook 60 yard wedge toss after a muffed chip shot and then on the next hole he sailed his tee shot well right and OB. Then came the old overhand windmill slam of his R1 driver right into the cart path a few yards away and broke the shaft about 6 inches above the hosel.
P.S. Like I said he's a pretty good player (and a long hitter) but has about the worst putting stroke I've ever seen. Every single putt launches in the air noticeably and bounces a couple of times before it starts rolling.
Surprisingly the putts are usually on line and he definitely makes more than he should (but could be soooo much better with either better mechanics or a better fitting putter).
One time, years ago, I got so mad I threw my driver and it got stuck up in a tree.... I was able to retrieve it but was more than a little embarrassing. Now the worst thing I do is toss my wedge over towards the golf cart or drop my club. I do curse now and then though, I have to release that frustration somehow!
This is me too. I'll sometime just gently drop the club in disgust. Never bang my clubs into the ground, or throw them. I pay too much money for expensive clubs to be doing that.
But I have a friend who is really competetive, and when he's hacking, look out. He gets really pissed, throws clubs, ignores everyone, etc.
I was golfing with guy and his grand son. The youngster was having a bad day, especially with his putter. On one hole the youngster got so mad he threw his putter into the nearby water hazard. The Grand Pa, with out saying a word, took the youngster's bag and tossed the whole thing into the same water hazard. As he walked passed the mouth wide open, astonished youngster, he mention that anger was no reason to break up a set.
My own personal best was a brain fart I had while on the way to the golf course. I saw a sign that read "Grand Opening-Free Car Wash". Couldn't pass that up, and took a ride through the automated car wash. On the exit, due to a fast approaching tee time, I drove straight to the golf course. As I got out of my vehicle, I saw my clubs right where I had put them before leaving home. In the bed of my truck. Ironically, after a few chosen, angry words, I shot a 78 that day with the cleanest clubs I had ever played with in quite a while.
I'll admit to tossing a PW into a hazard. I meant to toss it. I didn't mean to toss it in that direction. That damn thing was sort of a deep canyon like thing, so the PW was gone for good.
I struggle very badly with my temper and have since the day I was born. Not just golf but anything really. In a perverse kind of way, I think that golf may actually be helping me get control of some of that. It shows me exactly what the consequences are of getting mad and challenges me to find a way to deal with it. I had the round from hell the other week and held myself to some mild cursing.So baby steps.
When I first started playing golf I might have thrown a club on the ground or smacked the head on the ground... I might have thought that's how you reacted after a bad shot but I was fortunate enough to play with a guy that taught me a couple things: #1. It's not the club's fault. #2. Tennis balls are yellow, basketballs are orange, and golf balls are white.
I'm beginning to second guess the second tip but don't blame my clubs for my poor play.
My coworker on the other hand... apparently, his sand wedge cost him 7-8 strokes a couple of rounds of golf ago and he threw it into a water hazard... I'd consider trying to retrieve it but it's a right handed club and I'm a lefty.
We had a golfer throw his club in a tree. Later in the season we had an informal tournament with gifts and someone made sure this guy got a specific package. You had to see his face when he opened it to find that club he threw away. Funny.... I think he got that gift a few times, too.
When I am most upset with my shot, it's because my expectations were higher than the resulting shot. Probably too high. The more I play, the better my golf *should* be is probably my reasoning. The first time I am out for the season is better because I'm not expecting much.
- Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done
- › What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further? 3 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 13 minutes ago
- › Tired of lurking. 14 minutes ago
- › Range Play vs Course Play 18 minutes ago
- › Ball flight laws and misinformation 28 minutes ago
- › Hogan's Pivot - 'Right Loading' Discussion 30 minutes ago
- › Best & Worst Dressed on LPGA Tour 33 minutes ago
- › Chris Como Named Tiger's New Coach 50 minutes ago
- › My Swing (dylan006) 59 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes