Wow! I have just read most of this thread and my sides ache from laughing so hard! Love the stuff about Ivan!
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 11/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 6/7/15 at 10:01am in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done - Page 4
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
ive got a friend who was in the final rounds of the mass amateur (match play section) and he hit the ball to three feet it took one hop and spun off the green into water. he proceeded to take his whole bag and throw it in the same lake: cell phone, wallet, clubs, and all. I think he finished at like a 76 too.
About 10 - 11 yrs ago (I was younger and less control of my temper) I got fully disgusted as I hit three balls in a row into the water on a 180 yrd par 3. I picked up my bag with my clubs and I tossed it into the pond, swearing I would never play golf again. Everyone stood with their mouths open, then everyone busted out laughing when I announced my wallet and car keys were in my bag. I had to swim in murky nasty water and dive down about 3 to 4 feet to retrieve my bag. I got my wallet and keys, gave my bag to a buddy and walked away. I did not golf again for 7 yrs.
Young guy (20 something), pretty good player ( had about 4 or 5 birdies and about the same amount of bogeys), but when he hit a bad shot the club was going to fly.
First one of real note was a textbook 60 yard wedge toss after a muffed chip shot and then on the next hole he sailed his tee shot well right and OB. Then came the old overhand windmill slam of his R1 driver right into the cart path a few yards away and broke the shaft about 6 inches above the hosel.
P.S. Like I said he's a pretty good player (and a long hitter) but has about the worst putting stroke I've ever seen. Every single putt launches in the air noticeably and bounces a couple of times before it starts rolling.
Surprisingly the putts are usually on line and he definitely makes more than he should (but could be soooo much better with either better mechanics or a better fitting putter).
One time, years ago, I got so mad I threw my driver and it got stuck up in a tree.... I was able to retrieve it but was more than a little embarrassing. Now the worst thing I do is toss my wedge over towards the golf cart or drop my club. I do curse now and then though, I have to release that frustration somehow!
This is me too. I'll sometime just gently drop the club in disgust. Never bang my clubs into the ground, or throw them. I pay too much money for expensive clubs to be doing that.
But I have a friend who is really competetive, and when he's hacking, look out. He gets really pissed, throws clubs, ignores everyone, etc.
I was golfing with guy and his grand son. The youngster was having a bad day, especially with his putter. On one hole the youngster got so mad he threw his putter into the nearby water hazard. The Grand Pa, with out saying a word, took the youngster's bag and tossed the whole thing into the same water hazard. As he walked passed the mouth wide open, astonished youngster, he mention that anger was no reason to break up a set.
My own personal best was a brain fart I had while on the way to the golf course. I saw a sign that read "Grand Opening-Free Car Wash". Couldn't pass that up, and took a ride through the automated car wash. On the exit, due to a fast approaching tee time, I drove straight to the golf course. As I got out of my vehicle, I saw my clubs right where I had put them before leaving home. In the bed of my truck. Ironically, after a few chosen, angry words, I shot a 78 that day with the cleanest clubs I had ever played with in quite a while.
I'll admit to tossing a PW into a hazard. I meant to toss it. I didn't mean to toss it in that direction. That damn thing was sort of a deep canyon like thing, so the PW was gone for good.
I struggle very badly with my temper and have since the day I was born. Not just golf but anything really. In a perverse kind of way, I think that golf may actually be helping me get control of some of that. It shows me exactly what the consequences are of getting mad and challenges me to find a way to deal with it. I had the round from hell the other week and held myself to some mild cursing.So baby steps.
When I first started playing golf I might have thrown a club on the ground or smacked the head on the ground... I might have thought that's how you reacted after a bad shot but I was fortunate enough to play with a guy that taught me a couple things: #1. It's not the club's fault. #2. Tennis balls are yellow, basketballs are orange, and golf balls are white.
I'm beginning to second guess the second tip but don't blame my clubs for my poor play.
My coworker on the other hand... apparently, his sand wedge cost him 7-8 strokes a couple of rounds of golf ago and he threw it into a water hazard... I'd consider trying to retrieve it but it's a right handed club and I'm a lefty.
We had a golfer throw his club in a tree. Later in the season we had an informal tournament with gifts and someone made sure this guy got a specific package. You had to see his face when he opened it to find that club he threw away. Funny.... I think he got that gift a few times, too.
When I am most upset with my shot, it's because my expectations were higher than the resulting shot. Probably too high. The more I play, the better my golf *should* be is probably my reasoning. The first time I am out for the season is better because I'm not expecting much.
- Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › The French Open 4 minutes ago
- › GPS APPS on the course 5 minutes ago
- › My Swing (HockeyRob) 44 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 44 minutes ago
- › Being Fit for an Edel Putter 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › how a putter has changed my game 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Relief From Cart Path and Obstruction Question 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › I hate golf. Stomp, here, take my driver [video] 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › What Are You Working On? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes