Wow! I have just read most of this thread and my sides ache from laughing so hard! Love the stuff about Ivan!
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 11/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
After purchasing and being very disappointed with the Taylormade RSI 2 irons, I needed to find an iron set that fit me well and that went along well with my rapidly improving game. I've found this...
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done - Page 4
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
ive got a friend who was in the final rounds of the mass amateur (match play section) and he hit the ball to three feet it took one hop and spun off the green into water. he proceeded to take his whole bag and throw it in the same lake: cell phone, wallet, clubs, and all. I think he finished at like a 76 too.
About 10 - 11 yrs ago (I was younger and less control of my temper) I got fully disgusted as I hit three balls in a row into the water on a 180 yrd par 3. I picked up my bag with my clubs and I tossed it into the pond, swearing I would never play golf again. Everyone stood with their mouths open, then everyone busted out laughing when I announced my wallet and car keys were in my bag. I had to swim in murky nasty water and dive down about 3 to 4 feet to retrieve my bag. I got my wallet and keys, gave my bag to a buddy and walked away. I did not golf again for 7 yrs.
Young guy (20 something), pretty good player ( had about 4 or 5 birdies and about the same amount of bogeys), but when he hit a bad shot the club was going to fly.
First one of real note was a textbook 60 yard wedge toss after a muffed chip shot and then on the next hole he sailed his tee shot well right and OB. Then came the old overhand windmill slam of his R1 driver right into the cart path a few yards away and broke the shaft about 6 inches above the hosel.
P.S. Like I said he's a pretty good player (and a long hitter) but has about the worst putting stroke I've ever seen. Every single putt launches in the air noticeably and bounces a couple of times before it starts rolling.
Surprisingly the putts are usually on line and he definitely makes more than he should (but could be soooo much better with either better mechanics or a better fitting putter).
One time, years ago, I got so mad I threw my driver and it got stuck up in a tree.... I was able to retrieve it but was more than a little embarrassing. Now the worst thing I do is toss my wedge over towards the golf cart or drop my club. I do curse now and then though, I have to release that frustration somehow!
This is me too. I'll sometime just gently drop the club in disgust. Never bang my clubs into the ground, or throw them. I pay too much money for expensive clubs to be doing that.
But I have a friend who is really competetive, and when he's hacking, look out. He gets really pissed, throws clubs, ignores everyone, etc.
I was golfing with guy and his grand son. The youngster was having a bad day, especially with his putter. On one hole the youngster got so mad he threw his putter into the nearby water hazard. The Grand Pa, with out saying a word, took the youngster's bag and tossed the whole thing into the same water hazard. As he walked passed the mouth wide open, astonished youngster, he mention that anger was no reason to break up a set.
My own personal best was a brain fart I had while on the way to the golf course. I saw a sign that read "Grand Opening-Free Car Wash". Couldn't pass that up, and took a ride through the automated car wash. On the exit, due to a fast approaching tee time, I drove straight to the golf course. As I got out of my vehicle, I saw my clubs right where I had put them before leaving home. In the bed of my truck. Ironically, after a few chosen, angry words, I shot a 78 that day with the cleanest clubs I had ever played with in quite a while.
I'll admit to tossing a PW into a hazard. I meant to toss it. I didn't mean to toss it in that direction. That damn thing was sort of a deep canyon like thing, so the PW was gone for good.
I struggle very badly with my temper and have since the day I was born. Not just golf but anything really. In a perverse kind of way, I think that golf may actually be helping me get control of some of that. It shows me exactly what the consequences are of getting mad and challenges me to find a way to deal with it. I had the round from hell the other week and held myself to some mild cursing.So baby steps.
When I first started playing golf I might have thrown a club on the ground or smacked the head on the ground... I might have thought that's how you reacted after a bad shot but I was fortunate enough to play with a guy that taught me a couple things: #1. It's not the club's fault. #2. Tennis balls are yellow, basketballs are orange, and golf balls are white.
I'm beginning to second guess the second tip but don't blame my clubs for my poor play.
My coworker on the other hand... apparently, his sand wedge cost him 7-8 strokes a couple of rounds of golf ago and he threw it into a water hazard... I'd consider trying to retrieve it but it's a right handed club and I'm a lefty.
We had a golfer throw his club in a tree. Later in the season we had an informal tournament with gifts and someone made sure this guy got a specific package. You had to see his face when he opened it to find that club he threw away. Funny.... I think he got that gift a few times, too.
When I am most upset with my shot, it's because my expectations were higher than the resulting shot. Probably too high. The more I play, the better my golf *should* be is probably my reasoning. The first time I am out for the season is better because I'm not expecting much.
- Best club throwing, breaking, or angry outbursts you have seen or done
- › Do you guys clean your irons & wedges during a round ? 11 minutes ago
- › 2015 NFL Football Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Opinions on using club tubes/sleeves 29 minutes ago
- › My Quest to Break 80 in a Year (July 2016) from a 22 Handicap 43 minutes ago
- › Callaway XR vs X2 Hot. Any comparisons? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Newport Cup 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Player of the Year - Jordan Spieth? What would Jason Day have to do... 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › My swing (Depleted) 3 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Ping G30 vs. i20 drivers? 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Will the PGA Tour lose it's power to Asia? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons 4-PW by bjwestner
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes