Mitt Romney seems to think so. He just launched this Website that lists the number of holes Obama has reportedly played in office, 1,584. Also wants you to donate $18 to give the Prez a "permanent vacation". Romney recently commented on Obama's 17-day vacation to Hawaii; “I just think it’s time to have a president whose idea of being 'hands on' doesn’t mean getting a better grip on the golf club,".
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 12/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 2/4/15 at 2:25pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Does President Obama play too much Golf?
Poll Results: Does Obama play too much golf?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Thanks for the website Mike, Looks like Obama has a decent putting stroke from the picture. Personally, I don't mind him playing golf in office. I would rather have an active president then one that just sits behind the desk.
I'm not opposed to Romney and do not love Obama, but it is ridiculous he is using the number of HOLES played to sway the average idiot voter. Do the math...it is less than 30 ROUNDS per year which is far from being absurd.
It doesn't bother me at all. The job is one of the most stressful in the world and is nearly 24/7; the Pres doesn't work 9-5pm weekdays only. 1600 golf holes over 3 years isn't all that much time, and it is doubtful he is 100% away from the job even when he's trying to line up a birdie putt. And I'm pretty sure a couple weeks in Hawaii for a president isn't quite the escape from work it is for the rest of us.
Funny that know one seems to go out of their way to sympathize with a sitting president about how they're awakened at 3am by the National Security Advisor, or had to spend the last 5 evenings in row at state dinners meeting with foreign dignitaries that can't stand personally. But let them take a few days "off" and they're a lightning rod for criticism.
Regardless of which party holds the office, it is a tough demanding job and it is important that person gets a little time to themselves to step away from the world's pressing problems and recharge their batteries. Don't care if it's golf, bowling, watching Three Stooges movies, or even Clinton's method of "escape".
Mitt Romney would suck off a goat on live television if it would get him a 1/4 inch closer to the presidency. Worked in US politics for almost 10 years and never came across a less-principled candidate. Thanks for reminding me how much the whole cycle reeks. Been happily ignoring it from a safe distance.
As of August, Obama has taken 61 vacation days in his first 31 months compared to 180 for Dubya, 112 for Reagan and 28 for Clinton over the same time frame. What does it mean? Nothing, really. I doubt the man even books his own tee times or buys his own clubs. The President has so many advisors and handlers and PR people that if they thought he was playing too much they'd put the kybosh on it.
And yeah, breaking it down to 1500 holes is a bit disingenuous.
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Andrew Johnson, Calvin Coolidge and Warren G. Harding.... but that's for a different thread.
He is spending way more days and time campaigning for his second term than playing golf. I just wish he'd take 365 vacation days,,and retire on his fat pension and book deals,,and let someone else who is actually competent run this country.
Personally, I am sick and tired of the left, socialist agenda that he believes in.
"Dwight David Eisenhower got in his share of golf, and then some. A study of the 34th president's daily itinerary during his eight years in office from 1953-'61 turns up a staggering 1,000-plus days of golf, including almost 800 rounds everywhere from Augusta National to Cypress Point to Turnberry and beyond. Not that playing 100 rounds a year was a bad thing. But no president before or since played so avidly, and we're now in an age where there's intense pressure on politicians to avoid being perceived as slackers."
At the end of Eisenhower's 3rd year as president, he had an average approval rating of 75% and held onto as much while the Cold War was raging. "Commies? Hm. Sounds complicated. I'm going to go ponder this situation on the course." So, say what you will about what Obama has/hasn't accomplished, either way, it very, very probably has absolutely Nothing to do with how much golf he's played.
It seems pretty obvious that 30 rounds of golf over 3 years is a ridiculous thing for anyone to care about. You know he's not playing some packed muni, so 3.5 hours on the course less than once a month is really something anyone can try to take umbrage at? Even if he were truly thinking 100% only about golf for those hours, it's ridiculous. Every golfer should play more golf than that if anything, whatever your job is!
I remember reading in one of John Feinstein's golf books that Woodrow Wilson walked/played 9 holes every morning. He suffered a stroke in his last year in office and couldn't even walk anymore , so it's good he got those rounds in, well over 1000 by some counts.
- Does President Obama play too much Golf?
- › Dufner @ Honda less 20 lbs - Jason Dufner looks like a lean mean... 58 seconds ago
- › GPS 3 minutes ago
- › laser rangefinder question 5 minutes ago
- › Adjustable loft hybrid for mid-high handicap 7 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 9 minutes ago
- › The Biggest Secret? SLIDE Your Hips 10 minutes ago
- › A Streamsong Resort Caddie and PGA Professional! 12 minutes ago
- › Different club flexes 23 minutes ago
- › How Many Water Balloons Does It Take To Stop A Bullet? 27 minutes ago
- › Edel Torque Balanced Putter 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes