Mitt Romney seems to think so. He just launched this Website that lists the number of holes Obama has reportedly played in office, 1,584. Also wants you to donate $18 to give the Prez a "permanent vacation". Romney recently commented on Obama's 17-day vacation to Hawaii; “I just think it’s time to have a president whose idea of being 'hands on' doesn’t mean getting a better grip on the golf club,".
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 12/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. Last post on 7/25/15 at 9:00pm in Golf Talk
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
Modern’ wedges bear a puzzling similarity to those dating all the way back to the 1950s, the ones Ben Hogan said should not be hit over 40 yards. (This from a man who was known to hit his driver...
At first I thought the elevated tees were kind of gimmicky, but as I played on I realized that they put accuracy of your tee shots at a premium. Those that drive straight are rewarded with"300"...
After playing the same clone wedges for over 2 years, I decided it was time to hit the local gold retailer and get some new wedges. I play a 46 degree PW, and my other 3 wedges are 52/56/60. After...
When I saw the review roll call for the Stable Stick I got excited immediately. At the time of it being posted I had an iPhone 4s, but I knew I would be purchasing a new phone shortly with...
Copied from forum because there was an advice to put my review on this page for other players who want to try SwingTalk. Wish it helps your...
Does President Obama play too much Golf?
Poll Results: Does Obama play too much golf?
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Thanks for the website Mike, Looks like Obama has a decent putting stroke from the picture. Personally, I don't mind him playing golf in office. I would rather have an active president then one that just sits behind the desk.
I'm not opposed to Romney and do not love Obama, but it is ridiculous he is using the number of HOLES played to sway the average idiot voter. Do the math...it is less than 30 ROUNDS per year which is far from being absurd.
It doesn't bother me at all. The job is one of the most stressful in the world and is nearly 24/7; the Pres doesn't work 9-5pm weekdays only. 1600 golf holes over 3 years isn't all that much time, and it is doubtful he is 100% away from the job even when he's trying to line up a birdie putt. And I'm pretty sure a couple weeks in Hawaii for a president isn't quite the escape from work it is for the rest of us.
Funny that know one seems to go out of their way to sympathize with a sitting president about how they're awakened at 3am by the National Security Advisor, or had to spend the last 5 evenings in row at state dinners meeting with foreign dignitaries that can't stand personally. But let them take a few days "off" and they're a lightning rod for criticism.
Regardless of which party holds the office, it is a tough demanding job and it is important that person gets a little time to themselves to step away from the world's pressing problems and recharge their batteries. Don't care if it's golf, bowling, watching Three Stooges movies, or even Clinton's method of "escape".
Mitt Romney would suck off a goat on live television if it would get him a 1/4 inch closer to the presidency. Worked in US politics for almost 10 years and never came across a less-principled candidate. Thanks for reminding me how much the whole cycle reeks. Been happily ignoring it from a safe distance.
As of August, Obama has taken 61 vacation days in his first 31 months compared to 180 for Dubya, 112 for Reagan and 28 for Clinton over the same time frame. What does it mean? Nothing, really. I doubt the man even books his own tee times or buys his own clubs. The President has so many advisors and handlers and PR people that if they thought he was playing too much they'd put the kybosh on it.
And yeah, breaking it down to 1500 holes is a bit disingenuous.
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Andrew Johnson, Calvin Coolidge and Warren G. Harding.... but that's for a different thread.
He is spending way more days and time campaigning for his second term than playing golf. I just wish he'd take 365 vacation days,,and retire on his fat pension and book deals,,and let someone else who is actually competent run this country.
Personally, I am sick and tired of the left, socialist agenda that he believes in.
"Dwight David Eisenhower got in his share of golf, and then some. A study of the 34th president's daily itinerary during his eight years in office from 1953-'61 turns up a staggering 1,000-plus days of golf, including almost 800 rounds everywhere from Augusta National to Cypress Point to Turnberry and beyond. Not that playing 100 rounds a year was a bad thing. But no president before or since played so avidly, and we're now in an age where there's intense pressure on politicians to avoid being perceived as slackers."
At the end of Eisenhower's 3rd year as president, he had an average approval rating of 75% and held onto as much while the Cold War was raging. "Commies? Hm. Sounds complicated. I'm going to go ponder this situation on the course." So, say what you will about what Obama has/hasn't accomplished, either way, it very, very probably has absolutely Nothing to do with how much golf he's played.
It seems pretty obvious that 30 rounds of golf over 3 years is a ridiculous thing for anyone to care about. You know he's not playing some packed muni, so 3.5 hours on the course less than once a month is really something anyone can try to take umbrage at? Even if he were truly thinking 100% only about golf for those hours, it's ridiculous. Every golfer should play more golf than that if anything, whatever your job is!
I remember reading in one of John Feinstein's golf books that Woodrow Wilson walked/played 9 holes every morning. He suffered a stroke in his last year in office and couldn't even walk anymore , so it's good he got those rounds in, well over 1000 by some counts.
- Does President Obama play too much Golf?
- › Backswing Sequence: What Leads the Way for You? 2 minutes ago
- › What'd You Shoot Today? 4 minutes ago
- › Shot Zones for tournament prep... 5 minutes ago
- › My Edel Putter Fitting 10 minutes ago
- › The mystical things about golf 16 minutes ago
- › Well...there goes my clubhead. 19 minutes ago
- › 2015 TST Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Etc.. Outing Fri/Sat Sept. 18/19 24 minutes ago
- › General Politics Thread 25 minutes ago
- › RFKFREAK's journal about golf past, present, and future 29 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 36 minutes ago
- › Ben Hogan Golf Men's TK1561TVS Sand Wedge, Right Hand, Steel,... by bmartin461
- › Tierra Rejada by Lihu
- › Cleveland Golf Men's 588 RTX 2.0 Muscle Back Standard Bounce... by mmoan2
- › Stable Stick by Pretzel
- › SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer with Voice Feedback White by sawyerg419
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes