Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 12/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) Last post on 3/19/15 at 1:37pm in Swing Thoughts
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
Great Golf Instruction Tips, Videos and Articles - Page 4
If you are talking about me, this is not a video done by me. Just one that I found worthy. But thank you :)
That's Monte Scheinblum......former LD champion. Currently teaches out of Oak Creek GC in Orange County, CA.
I'm now a tour pro!
Nah, you know, it's incremental -- like everything else in golf. I do feel like I have better awareness and control of the shaft and club head with the grip further into the fingers of the right hand. This manifests particularly in better touch on shortish shots like pitches. YMMV etc.
Videos/Drills that have helped my game
I am going to apologize in advance if I should not have posted these here but I wanted to post some videos/drills that have greatly helped my swing.
I am by no means fixed completely and a great golfer and as you may know from my previous posts, have a ways to go but these drills done consistently have helped me get into consistent good positions in my backswing. They're old videos and feature Faldo and Leadbetter. The Faldo video for me at least the only though I try to take from it is the position at the top it gets me into as I don't want my takeaway becoming very "wristy" and I like to combine it with the Leadbetter drill to help keep my takeaway in one piece..
Maybe these don't resonate as well with others but for me it has helped greatly in the sense that now when I pick up a club I found it much easier to get into a good position at the top, feels almost natural.
- Great Golf Instruction Tips, Videos and Articles
- › The Films and Movies Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 NHL Season 13 minutes ago
- › My Swing (WillM) 15 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2015 Spring Outing - May 24th, 2015 25 minutes ago
- › My Swing zhoy19 29 minutes ago
- › 13 car companies want to make it illegal to work on your car. 41 minutes ago
- › 2015 Zurich Classic Discussion Thread 44 minutes ago
- › True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 3-PW 46 minutes ago
- › Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34in (Price Drop!) 46 minutes ago
- › WTB: Mizuno MP-630 X-Stiff 9.5 or 10.5 47 minutes ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest