or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › I Hope Matt Every Wins The Damn Sony Open!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Hope Matt Every Wins The Damn Sony Open! - Page 4

post #55 of 72
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvern View Post

You say in one post you are a political operative, whatever that means. In other walks of life when you condescendingly say to someone "I deal with your type all the time" do they normally react positively?  Post that little gem I doubt whether I would take much notice of what you said.

 

Yu also mentond you iked the discussion yet when someone disagrees you accuse them of getting personal. FWIW I agreed totally with iacas's post and I am a golf fan who lives thousands of miles from the US.

 

Yes, I was so far off base posting that AFTER this was said to me. 



Quote:
Well that was kind of a dumb thing to say: http://thesandtrap.com/t/46669/the-big-break-indian-wells/54#post_607363 . I didn't even have to leave this forum. Not everyone is as ignorant (or perhaps new to the game?) about Every's history as you.

 

Your right.  My bad.  I had no right in asking why this had gotten personal.  It obviously wasn't going there. 
 

 

post #56 of 72

You didn't do any fact checking and just assumed because you didn't hear of it or know it that not many would, that's ignorance and iacas was right to call you on it.  If you make claims at least be prepared to back them up. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheffdiddy_45 View Post

Yes, I was so far off base posting that AFTER this was said to me. 



Quote:
Well that was kind of a dumb thing to say: http://thesandtrap.com/t/46669/the-big-break-indian-wells/54#post_607363 . I didn't even have to leave this forum. Not everyone is as ignorant (or perhaps new to the game?) about Every's history as you.

Your right.  My bad.  I had no right in asking why this had gotten personal.  It obviously wasn't going there. 

 



 

post #57 of 72

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

You didn't do any fact checking and just assumed because you didn't hear of it or know it that not many would, that's ignorance and iacas was right to call you on it.  If you make claims at least be prepared to back them up.


I think he simply reacted poorly to the word "ignorant."

 

 

It's not personal. He said something about nobody knowing anything about Every, and there not even being a post about it. I pointed out that he was wrong and said something like "clearly you're ignorant about Every's history." Ignorant is defined as "lacking knowledge or awareness of," and I specifically limited that lack of awareness to "Every's history."

 

For the three or four deleted posts as well as continued personal comments made in PMs, cheff is serving a short suspension in the Penalty Box.

 

post #58 of 72

this wasn't kelly's fault...she honestly fed him a softball and gave him the opp to address the issue and get out fast....it just didn't happen b/c he didn't know what to say.....being non-synical, i think she was looking for the "it happened....it was wrong....i paid the price...here i am and i feel great about my game and the opportunity i have'

 

just didn't happen....

post #59 of 72

I agree, he could have used it to as an opportunity to clear the air and win back any fans he lost and instead he probably alienated a few more with his poor handling of the question. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStriker View Post

this wasn't kelly's fault...she honestly fed him a softball and gave him the opp to address the issue and get out fast....it just didn't happen b/c he didn't know what to say.....being non-synical, i think she was looking for the "it happened....it was wrong....i paid the price...here i am and i feel great about my game and the opportunity i have'

 

just didn't happen....



 

post #60 of 72

Agree with you 100%.  Kelly Tilghman is about the worst thing golf has representing it on TV.  Go Matt !!!!

post #61 of 72

Forget Every, it seems we need another  bash Kelly Tilghman thread....z6_surrender.gif

post #62 of 72

social anxiety disorder?  lol...come one, he smokes weed.  hes paranoid like any other burner out there...

post #63 of 72

Can't wait to get me one of them putters:-).

 

post #64 of 72

Faldo wins the "understatement of the year" award.

Just read the Every interview,including the bits the Tour cut out.

This guy ain't too bright. A few sandwiches short of a picnic. One oar in the water.

A real pin up boy for our game. Not.

post #65 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I agree, he could have used it to as an opportunity to clear the air and win back any fans he lost and instead he probably alienated a few more with his poor handling of the question. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStriker View Post

this wasn't kelly's fault...she honestly fed him a softball and gave him the opp to address the issue and get out fast....it just didn't happen b/c he didn't know what to say.....being non-synical, i think she was looking for the "it happened....it was wrong....i paid the price...here i am and i feel great about my game and the opportunity i have'

 

just didn't happen....



 



opportunity to "clear the air" - lolz

post #66 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Faldo wins the "understatement of the year" award.

Just read the Every interview,including the bits the Tour cut out.

This guy ain't too bright. A few sandwiches short of a picnic. One oar in the water.

A real pin up boy for our game. Not.


Bingo.

 

Some people are piling on Tilghman, for reasons beyond me, when the only person to blame for any of this is Every. He was the one suspended & was simply asked about it, and fumbled the answer. So vilify the person asking the question? Makes no sense.

 

post #67 of 72

Just saw the interview...guy does not have social anxiety issues. He's clearly just smoked a joint before the interview and is a little paranoid.

post #68 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 


I think he simply reacted poorly to the word "ignorant."

 

 

It's not personal. He said something about nobody knowing anything about Every, and there not even being a post about it. I pointed out that he was wrong and said something like "clearly you're ignorant about Every's history." Ignorant is defined as "lacking knowledge or awareness of," and I specifically limited that lack of awareness to "Every's history."

 

For the three or four deleted posts as well as continued personal comments made in PMs, cheff is serving a short suspension in the Penalty Box.

 

Forget the Matt Every interview... I want to see iacas interview chefdiddy_45 about this thread. c5_banana.gif
 

 

post #69 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

Uhm, both of those people have had several stories done on them - far more than "one person asking one question." Compton in particular was the subject of several stories - even when he had little to no status on any Tour - and Robert Garrigus has a section called "overcoming substance abuse" on his freakin' Wikipedia page, and typing his name in Google clearly demonstrates that what you say isn't terribly accurate:

 

Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 6.51.44 pm.PNG

 

For those that don't know, the first suggested entry in the search above (the one with 'Remove' next to it) is based on a search done in Google on 'that person's computer'.  Yes, 'robert garrigus drugs' is #3 on the list, but it's not #1 as suggested by the graphic above.

post #70 of 72
Have known Matt for awhile since he is a high school friend of my daughter. He can be cocky at times, maybe a bit immature. But he is married now with a family, so he has grown up. I only wish him good luck.
post #71 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post


Bingo.

 

Some people are piling on Tilghman, for reasons beyond me, when the only person to blame for any of this is Every. He was the one suspended & was simply asked about it, and fumbled the answer. So vilify the person asking the question? Makes no sense.

 


That's our society today.  Somehow we have become one that makes excuses for people who do the wrong thing and then proceed to blame/chastise the ones who confront them on their actions.

post #72 of 72

does anyone else think he didnt fumble the answer that badly?

Does he sound like Tiger Woods behind the podium?  Absolutely not.  He sounded like lots of golf kids I've met playing in junior golf/city tournaments.  

 

If hes not bothered by the way he comes across in interviews I dont see why anyone else should be.

He stated his opinion that he felt his offense wasn't that bad in comparison to what some other players do on tour.  Big deal.  He stuck by his convictions. One thing i found interesting was it kinda felt like she was hinting at him getting some weed in Hawaii when she was asking him if he was seeing the sites/etc. Lol.  

 

the only part I had a problem with was her asking him what he learned from the situation like he was a child or something.  He should have just said he learned not to get caught next time, or maybe say he'll only smoke in states with a Medical marijuana card.

 

 

TBH marijuana isn't even a big deal in today's society.  golf needs to get with the times.  Pretty soon it will be legal anyway. (this is coming from someone who doesn't care to smoke at all).

 

 

edit: when I say golf I don't mean the PGA tour, I mean just golf as a whole if the community gets upset of marijuana.


Edited by laconic517 - 1/22/13 at 6:09pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › I Hope Matt Every Wins The Damn Sony Open!