or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Grips have gotten outrageous....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grips have gotten outrageous.... - Page 2

post #19 of 41

This is what I'm waiting for.  Even golfworks prices are pretty painful now when you're doing a full set.  I'm definitely a lot more careful removing grips when I work on clubs now too. I use to slice them off and just put new ones on if they weren't brand new - those times are over!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmdmbike View Post

...Each year, Golf Town will run a 50% off deal on grips and installation, which is great. Regripping a couple of times a year can add up fast. Need to spend the time to learn to do it myself.


 

post #20 of 41

The last grips i bought were 13 Golf Pride Multi Compounds. They where factory seconds as the golf pride writing was at a slant, but i always grip my clubs upsidedown (writing/logo on the underside) so i dont even notice. I bought all 13 of them at a price equivilant to 65% off RRP.

post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuazerSKITS View Post

The last grips i bought were 13 Golf Pride Multi Compounds. They where factory seconds 

I think you'll find that what you bought were fake grips, as there's no such thing as Golf Pride factory seconds.


 

 

post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

I think you'll find that what you bought were fake grips, as there's no such thing as Golf Pride factory seconds.


 

 



No drama... The club doesnt slip out my hands, so they serve a purpose.

post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

I think you'll find that what you bought were fake grips, as there's no such thing as Golf Pride factory seconds.


 

 


What makes you say that?
post #24 of 41

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmdmbike View Post

They have gone up and some prices are just crazy. Each year, Golf Town will run a 50% off deal on grips and installation, which is great. Regripping a couple of times a year can add up fast. Need to spend the time to learn to do it myself.


Cough, ahem. Seriously though.

post #25 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 


Cough, ahem. Seriously though.



Decent grips, they were stock grips on my 56* and 60*. But I wouldn't use them on my irons/woods. The lack of a corded option is a downside for me. I'm currently using Black widow grips, and while the graphics may not be for everyone, they are good grips. They offer a nice array of options, and typically run $1.50-$2 cheaper than comparable Golf Prides.

post #26 of 41

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laws of Woo View Post

Decent grips, they were stock grips on my 56* and 60*. But I wouldn't use them on my irons/woods. The lack of a corded option is a downside for me. I'm currently using Black widow grips, and while the graphics may not be for everyone, they are good grips. They offer a nice array of options, and typically run $1.50-$2 cheaper than comparable Golf Prides.

 

I used to love the NDMCs. Half cord (top half). Wouldn't go back in a million years... hate cords now. Can't practice as long, and corded grips are by their nature filled with plasticizers more than the pure rubber in PURE grips.

post #27 of 41
View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty I think you'll find that what you bought were fake grips, as there's no such thing as Golf Pride factory seconds.
 
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post


What makes you say that?

The fact theta Golf Pride don't sell "factory seconds".

It's a scam used be ebayers trying to make theur products appear authentic when they are clearly od looking.

 

FTR, I use Sharpro grips  - great grips at a great price.
 

 

post #28 of 41

There's nothing like the Crosslines for quality vs. price.  I've used all three sizes (standard, midsize, and oversize) and recommend them wholeheartedly.

post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

The fact theta Golf Pride don't sell "factory seconds".

It's a scam used be ebayers trying to make theur products appear authentic when they are clearly od looking.

 

FTR, I use Sharpro grips  - great grips at a great price.
 

 


I agree with you on Sharpro grips which actually owns the patent for GP's NDMC, but where do your facts about the factory 2nds come from? Please show me.
post #30 of 41

+1 for Sharpros - great grips, fair price, variety of options -  all I am looking for.

post #31 of 41

PURE grips FTW!

post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post


I agree with you on Sharpro grips which actually owns the patent for GP's NDMC, but where do your facts about the factory 2nds come from? Please show me.

The same place where you can see proof that Apple don't sell factory seconds.

Respected companies do not sell "factory seconds" because the people who see them don't know they are seconds and see them as being poor quality, and form a negative opinion of the company.
 

 

post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

The same place where you can see proof that Apple don't sell factory seconds.

Respected companies do not sell "factory seconds" because the people who see them don't know they are seconds and see them as being poor quality, and form a negative opinion of the company.
 

 


That doesn't tell me anything. I'm talkin' oranges and you speak of apples.
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBlack14 View Post


That doesn't tell me anything. I'm talkin' oranges and you speak of apples.

What? You are suggesting that Golf Pride doesn't have a reputation it wants to protect?

They don't sell "factory seconds".

Some ebayers lie, though.


 

 

post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

What? You are suggesting that Golf Pride doesn't have a reputation it wants to protect?

They don't sell "factory seconds".

Some ebayers lie, though.


 

 


Noooo, I'm not saying that at all, but do they tell you that they're MC design is actually Sharpro's? b1_ohmy.gif

I'm saying I don't know that they don't sell factory 2nds and believe me, I know all about dishonest Ebayers.
post #36 of 41

I agree with your observation on pricing.  I just switched from a Lamkin Crossline Oversize at less than $4.50/grip to a Winn DriTac Midsize @ $6.79 each.  I liked the Lamkins until I found them too firm for my hands.  I like the feel of the DriTacs but only have 100 balls or so at the range with them, but overall I think that they are good grips for the price, at least if they wear as somewhere close to as long as the Crosslines.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Grips have gotten outrageous....