great tip! i keep thinking when i get aggravated at shots i forgot the posture and where my shoulder points. another point to remember on Saturday! cheers
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Low Spinning Wedge Last post on 4/17/12 at 2:27pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
Previously, I used the Srixon Z Star XV, and the Wilson Duo, granted the Z Star is much harder than the Chrome Soft, and the Duo to me felt not as soft as the Chrome Soft. What I did notice during...
I've been using a Bennington Quiet Organizer golf cart bag since 2007 and although it is a very nice bag that keeps each club in its place, it is very heavy weighing in at around 11 pounds. This...
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) - Page 9
The big difference, though he arches his back a bit, he's now not looking down at the ball with his chin up. I think that has helped him more. I also think he's is very athletic, so he can get away with his posture. He'll probably have to change it as he gets holder and less athletic, but as for right now, he's fine.
Just got this question posted on the hip video, "Is this a slight shift in philosophy towards a bit less posterior, or has nothing really changed and the belt sensation of tilt to the ball just a different way of explaining better posture?"
To be clear, nothing has changed from what I've said in this thread. From the first post in this thread, "I'm feeling posterior tilt, in reality I am closer to anterior but adding posterior." Dana just threw in that reference with the belt, it's NOT a feel. It could be if you setup with the hips level to the ground at A1. I take time in the video to highlight that even though my hips are pointing kinda at the ball that I'm not sticking out my tailbone, no arch in my lower back.
Great answer Mike and great video. This thread I think is one of the most important subjects on the swing there is. Posture is the one thing that all of us should be able to do the same way every time. If we can learn to do it correctly as you describe so well, it has huge benefits with the hip and shoulder slants. Great stuff!
Ditto what cipher said...
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)
- › My Swing (summerhunter726) 2 minutes ago
- › Great iOS Apps 2 minutes ago
- › Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour 6 minutes ago
- › Vote on the 2015 Newport Cup Team Colors 8 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 18 minutes ago
- › Jack Nicklaus Ice Cream coming to a freezer near you 19 minutes ago
- › Adjustable loft hybrid for mid-high handicap 20 minutes ago
- › To 2/3 iron or not....that is the question. 22 minutes ago
- › To golfers who score in the 70s - What's your story? 37 minutes ago
- › Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls by Hammer 4
- › PING Pioneer II Cart Bag by drifterdon
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes