great tip! i keep thinking when i get aggravated at shots i forgot the posture and where my shoulder points. another point to remember on Saturday! cheers
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Low Spinning Wedge Last post on 4/17/12 at 2:27pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) - Page 9
The big difference, though he arches his back a bit, he's now not looking down at the ball with his chin up. I think that has helped him more. I also think he's is very athletic, so he can get away with his posture. He'll probably have to change it as he gets holder and less athletic, but as for right now, he's fine.
Just got this question posted on the hip video, "Is this a slight shift in philosophy towards a bit less posterior, or has nothing really changed and the belt sensation of tilt to the ball just a different way of explaining better posture?"
To be clear, nothing has changed from what I've said in this thread. From the first post in this thread, "I'm feeling posterior tilt, in reality I am closer to anterior but adding posterior." Dana just threw in that reference with the belt, it's NOT a feel. It could be if you setup with the hips level to the ground at A1. I take time in the video to highlight that even though my hips are pointing kinda at the ball that I'm not sticking out my tailbone, no arch in my lower back.
Great answer Mike and great video. This thread I think is one of the most important subjects on the swing there is. Posture is the one thing that all of us should be able to do the same way every time. If we can learn to do it correctly as you describe so well, it has huge benefits with the hip and shoulder slants. Great stuff!
Ditto what cipher said...
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)
- › Distance Ratio: Are your iron distances proportionate to your Driver 3 minutes ago
- › POLL: Do you book tee times online? 8 minutes ago
- › Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii 10 minutes ago
- › The Winter Storm Juno thread 10 minutes ago
- › Winter Depression Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Best deal on AeroBurner driver? 12 minutes ago
- › Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition. 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Traditional Lofts versus Modern Lofts 17 minutes ago
- › 2 questions about evolvr 21 minutes ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes