great tip! i keep thinking when i get aggravated at shots i forgot the posture and where my shoulder points. another point to remember on Saturday! cheers
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Low Spinning Wedge Last post on 4/17/12 at 2:27pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) - Page 9
The big difference, though he arches his back a bit, he's now not looking down at the ball with his chin up. I think that has helped him more. I also think he's is very athletic, so he can get away with his posture. He'll probably have to change it as he gets holder and less athletic, but as for right now, he's fine.
Just got this question posted on the hip video, "Is this a slight shift in philosophy towards a bit less posterior, or has nothing really changed and the belt sensation of tilt to the ball just a different way of explaining better posture?"
To be clear, nothing has changed from what I've said in this thread. From the first post in this thread, "I'm feeling posterior tilt, in reality I am closer to anterior but adding posterior." Dana just threw in that reference with the belt, it's NOT a feel. It could be if you setup with the hips level to the ground at A1. I take time in the video to highlight that even though my hips are pointing kinda at the ball that I'm not sticking out my tailbone, no arch in my lower back.
Great answer Mike and great video. This thread I think is one of the most important subjects on the swing there is. Posture is the one thing that all of us should be able to do the same way every time. If we can learn to do it correctly as you describe so well, it has huge benefits with the hip and shoulder slants. Great stuff!
Ditto what cipher said...
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)
- › Road bike... 15 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 33 minutes ago
- › Pete's Programme (Single Digit to Tour Player) 36 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Nosevi) 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Custom Fittings are OVERRATED? 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Scorecard 2 program ?? 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › 2015 Quicken Loans National Discussion Thread 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 2 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Belly putter 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes