great tip! i keep thinking when i get aggravated at shots i forgot the posture and where my shoulder points. another point to remember on Saturday! cheers
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Low Spinning Wedge Last post on 4/17/12 at 2:27pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
Beyond color you don't usually put much thought into a belt. They all worked the same, you cinched it up, popped the hook into the hole and you were done. The 1" waist increments served us well...
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) - Page 9
The big difference, though he arches his back a bit, he's now not looking down at the ball with his chin up. I think that has helped him more. I also think he's is very athletic, so he can get away with his posture. He'll probably have to change it as he gets holder and less athletic, but as for right now, he's fine.
Just got this question posted on the hip video, "Is this a slight shift in philosophy towards a bit less posterior, or has nothing really changed and the belt sensation of tilt to the ball just a different way of explaining better posture?"
To be clear, nothing has changed from what I've said in this thread. From the first post in this thread, "I'm feeling posterior tilt, in reality I am closer to anterior but adding posterior." Dana just threw in that reference with the belt, it's NOT a feel. It could be if you setup with the hips level to the ground at A1. I take time in the video to highlight that even though my hips are pointing kinda at the ball that I'm not sticking out my tailbone, no arch in my lower back.
Great answer Mike and great video. This thread I think is one of the most important subjects on the swing there is. Posture is the one thing that all of us should be able to do the same way every time. If we can learn to do it correctly as you describe so well, it has huge benefits with the hip and shoulder slants. Great stuff!
Ditto what cipher said...
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)
- › Kitchens Manchester Area 23 minutes ago
- › 2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread 38 minutes ago
- › My Swing (SoundandFury) 48 minutes ago
- › Titleist Staff Stand Bag owners? 54 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 56 minutes ago
- › How Often Do You Replace… Your Irons? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Drives going straight, then curving right. 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Favorite TV Show(s) 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Clubfitting and swing changes, a chicken vs. egg problem? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › New Clubs - How much is too much 2 hours ago
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest