great tip! i keep thinking when i get aggravated at shots i forgot the posture and where my shoulder points. another point to remember on Saturday! cheers
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemClassic Golf Instructiontagged by System, 3/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Free Lessons - Orlando, FL - 5 Simple Keys® (April 28, 29) Last post on 4/9/14 at 5:42pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Great Players and Bad Information Last post on 3/25/12 at 6:41pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum Last post on 4/8/12 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Are most amateur golfers being mislead on how to swing? Last post on 3/29/12 at 12:00pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
- Low Spinning Wedge Last post on 4/17/12 at 2:27pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
I must not have been paying attention when these came out for testing and review. Billchao mentioned it to me when we were playing together at TST outing in Erie. I ordered it online, and have...
I have been doing golf specific workouts 2 - 3 times a week for a couple of years. The beauty of these workouts is they address flexibility and core strength of the hips and shoulders, which helps...
From renown designer Jesse Ortiz comes the latest evolution of his Tri Metal Fairways. It's deeper, stronger, lighter, thinner, longer, forgivinger... forgivinger? Okay, it's good! errr... gooder....
Taking off from last year's Optiforce lineup, Callaway evolves its initial speed offering into the Big Bertha Lineup by renaming it the V Series ... Velocity, Speed, Aerodynamics. One might as well...
From the creator of the classic HipTi Driver comes this flat black, easygoing, straight driver with distance. Jesse Ortiz has always carved his prototypes from wood by hand. It was the way he was...
Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball) - Page 9
The big difference, though he arches his back a bit, he's now not looking down at the ball with his chin up. I think that has helped him more. I also think he's is very athletic, so he can get away with his posture. He'll probably have to change it as he gets holder and less athletic, but as for right now, he's fine.
Just got this question posted on the hip video, "Is this a slight shift in philosophy towards a bit less posterior, or has nothing really changed and the belt sensation of tilt to the ball just a different way of explaining better posture?"
To be clear, nothing has changed from what I've said in this thread. From the first post in this thread, "I'm feeling posterior tilt, in reality I am closer to anterior but adding posterior." Dana just threw in that reference with the belt, it's NOT a feel. It could be if you setup with the hips level to the ground at A1. I take time in the video to highlight that even though my hips are pointing kinda at the ball that I'm not sticking out my tailbone, no arch in my lower back.
Great answer Mike and great video. This thread I think is one of the most important subjects on the swing there is. Posture is the one thing that all of us should be able to do the same way every time. If we can learn to do it correctly as you describe so well, it has huge benefits with the hip and shoulder slants. Great stuff!
Ditto what cipher said...
- Good Golf Posture (How to Address the Golf Ball)
- › Michael Phelps alleged girlfriend was once a man?!! 2 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Thread (Was Injury Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Tired of lurking. 43 minutes ago
- › 2014 NCAA Football 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Is "ready" golf against the rules? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin) 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Favorite Candy Bar 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › TST SoCal 2014 Fall Outing December 7th Empire Lakes 2 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Your Workout Today 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › My Swing (FireDragon76) 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Bobby Jones Golf 4 Wood - 17 by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf Big Bertha V Series Fairway Wood --- 15.5 by Mr. Desmond
- › Bobby Jones Golf Black Driver by Mr. Desmond
- › Callaway Golf SR1 Speed Regime Golf Ball by Mr. Desmond
- › Brookside Golf Course by Lihu
- › Mantis Golf 'B' Blade Putter by Shindig
- › Pure Grips Standard DTX Grips, Black by boogielicious
- › IceSkin Cooling Shirt by Garmatex by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes