The majority of people on TST know, understand and believe the 'new' (read: correct) ball flight laws where the club face is responsible for ~85% of the starting line of the flight, however there are many people who have played for years with the 'old' ball flight laws and continue to do so because to them the old way is correct.
OLD = Initial direction of the ball is dictated by the club head path. The curvature of the ball is dictated by the club face angle.
NEW = Initial direction of the ball is 85% dictated by the club face angle. The curvature is dictated by the club head path.
I know this could start another bit of controversy, I'm not trying to stir things up (ie - Patrick57). I understand what everyone is saying about the 'new' ball flight laws. I just don't think the 'old' laws are that far off, they just don't talk to the exacting degrees that the 'new' laws do. I really think, in a way, they are alot of the same things.
When you look at the 'old' laws as posted above, the ball path IS dictated by the club head path (by ~15%) and the curvature of the ball IS dictated by the club face angle (relative to the path). What you came to realize over time, with practice, is that there wasn't an exact formula to make this work (because we didn't have hi-speed cameras at the time). I also think when you setup to try and hit a hook or slice with this method (when you might be behind a tree or something), instinctively, you realize that if the club face comes in at such an extreme angle, it makes hitting the ball that much harder. So, using this method to hit a slice, you end up closing the club face a bit as you are hitting it. This results in the ball following the 'new' ball flight laws, as your face is pointing left of target.
The key here is '~85%' of the initial direction is dictated by the club face angle, the other (~15%) would then be dictated by the club head path (ie - the 'old' ball flight laws). I think most pros realize this and are really just relaying how they hit a 'baby fade' or a 'little draw'. Most pros (with the exception of Bubba) don't like to hit really big draws or fades, but little ones for control. Since it's really hard to hit a 'straight shot', it's easier hitting a little fade or draw and setting up to do that is what he (Luke) is talking about.
You can't really judge where he is aimed by this camera angle, as it is not setup directly behind his feet. Also, when someone says 'I'm going to aim my feet a little left of the pin', and in doing so they move their front foot left a couple of inches, they have effectively (for a 185 yd shot) aimed themselves about 7.75 yds (about 23 feet) left of the pin. But yes, you do have to aim alot more left than you would think when using this method to try and curve the ball.