or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Ben Hogan Would Be Irrelevant Today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ben Hogan Would Be Irrelevant Today - Page 4

post #55 of 164

There are two fundamental truths of the internet:  trolls will be lurking around every corner, and PC will always be better than Mac.  a2_wink.gif

post #56 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle View Post

Okay, I'm ready for this guy to be banned now.

 

That didn't take long.

 

Not telling anyone how to run their board, so please don't take offense...but this guy is offensive.

 

LOL hilarious. You call for banning me and that my post is offensive, yet you refute none of my points. Why? Because you can't refute them, unless of course you just hate Tiger for, I don't know what reason, his skin color?

 

Isn't MD the first state south of the mason dixon btw? 

post #57 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerputt View Post

There are two fundamental truths of the internet:  trolls will be lurking around every corner, and PC will always be better than Mac.  a2_wink.gif

 

Nice try brah. I'm running Ubuntu on an old dell lattitude. 

post #58 of 164

Hahahaha this guy is classic. The same argument is going to be used until the end of time. Look at the Jack vs Tiger thread. It always starts looking at who the guys were playing against.

People claim Tiger didn't have stiff enough competition and that Phil was the only guy who didn't crumble and went after him.

Now he's playing against people and youngsters who don't wilt when Tiger is in the field anymore and he can't bomb it way past them and etc etc etc

 

I'm not saying any of the above is my opinion, but that's exactly what a lot of people say. People will have their own opinions and nothing you can say will change that.

It has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour.

I'll make it very very clear to you. You are being ridiculed cos of your lack of tact and your ridiculous posts and accusations. It has NOTHING to do with the colour of you skin, it is because you are an idiot. Got it?

post #59 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay4LIFE View Post

 

LOL hilarious. You call for banning me and that my post is offensive, yet you refute none of my points. Why? Because you can't refute them, unless of course you just hate Tiger for, I don't know what reason, his skin color?

 

Isn't MD the first state south of the mason dixon btw? 

Why would I try and refute your opinion? 

 

You're not funny.  The only funny part of this thread was watching you get smacked around (and you were getting smacked around).

post #60 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Why would I try and refute your opinion? 

 

Yeah. My post was opinion like "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" is opinion, LOL.

post #61 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay4LIFE View Post

 

Yeah. My post was opinion like "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" is opinion, LOL.

I'm bored now.  Get a better schtick.

post #62 of 164

Abort.  Grab a life vest... This ship is sinking...

z2_scared.gif

post #63 of 164

This guy is smart, listen up people. You don't get free stuff thrown around like this every day.

post #64 of 164

Talk about issues.....yeesh! Time to see a shrink!

 

"Tiger Who?" - I guess that makes Vijay Singh and his caddy racist as well!

post #65 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay4LIFE View Post

 

 

 

 I find it just absolutely repugnant that an otherwise very serious and constructive discussion confirming Hogan's irrelevance in the modern game of golf would be reduced to racism.

 

Unbelievable. 

Hogan with modern clubs and long and belly putters?

 

I find it repugnant that you did not account for modern equipment in your initial post.

post #66 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Hogan with modern clubs and long and belly putters?

 

I find it repugnant that you did not account for modern equipment in your initial post.

You forgot to LOL.

post #67 of 164
Thread Starter 

Can we PLEEEEEEAAAASE try to keep the on track and talk about how Ben Hogan would be irrelevant and anyone who doesn't think Tiger is the greatest of all time is a racist? 

post #68 of 164
I get very frustrated by Internet posts that act as if there has been a million years biological evolution in the past 75 years. The truth is we will never know if players from the past would be as dominant today. Bobby Jones was about the same size as Rory, Nicklaus and BJ Holmes have similar builds. I am convinced that most past greats would still be great today, just like current golfers their skills would benefit from modern training, video, balls and clubs. Compare each their own era, rate their success against their peers. If anything you could make the case that given inferior equipment, tougher travel, less year round play, less well groomed courses that previous greats were more accomplished.
post #69 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay4LIFE View Post

Can we PLEEEEEEAAAASE try to keep the on track and talk about how Ben Hogan would be irrelevant and anyone who doesn't think Tiger is the greatest of all time is a racist? 

 

Wait.  What just happened?  Ok.  To your original point of the irrelevance of Ben Hogan...

 

  benhogan.gif

 

The End.

post #70 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerputt View Post

 

Wait.  What just happened?  Ok.  To your original point of the irrelevance of Ben Hogan...

 

  benhogan.gif

 

The End.

We're approaching the latter stages of the message board troll life cycle.  The point where people are onto him and are starting to withhold his regular feedings.  Soon the feedings will stop all together.  As the feedings decrease and this troll starves more and more his posts will grow more and more outlandish and probably offensive, in the hopes of garnering the attention he so desperately needs and isn't able to get in real life. 

post #71 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by allin View Post

I get very frustrated by Internet posts that act as if there has been a million years biological evolution in the past 75 years. The truth is we will never know if players from the past would be as dominant today. Bobby Jones was about the same size as Rory, Nicklaus and BJ Holmes have similar builds. I am convinced that most past greats would still be great today, just like current golfers their skills would benefit from modern training, video, balls and clubs. Compare each their own era, rate their success against their peers. If anything you could make the case that given inferior equipment, tougher travel, less year round play, less well groomed courses that previous greats were more accomplished.

 

I was hoping that no one would bring up Bobby Jones when typing up the OP because I really didn't want to have this discussion, but I guess we'll have to.

 

Bobby Jones is a joke. There, I said it, and yeah, I mean it.

 

The man. Was. A. Lawyer.

 

Seriously. He was a LAWYER.

 

He NEVER played golf full time, and he was playing against others who did not play golf full time. He had absolutely no competition. Hist competition were a bunch of rich white men who had the money to be playing a significant amount of golf, read: other professionals. The same could be said about Hogan, to a lesser degree.

 

Think about it. Today there are universities and high schools all across the world devoted to churning out amazing golfers. not a bunch of part time doctors and lawyers who are pretty good at a little golf and want to dink it around in some tournament once in awhile.

 

Oh yeah, and before everyone is like "OH HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT BOBBY JONES HE BUILD AUGUSTA!"

 

TPC Sawgrass > Augusta 

post #72 of 164

I'm not understanding your point. He wasn't a full time golfer. And neither were his competitors. And he was beating them. Therefore he was good in his era.

 

It's like in cricket. People say Donald Bradman was the best of all time. Others say Tendulkar. People say well look who Bradman was playing against and this and that but the truth is, nobody else did remotely close to what he was doing at the time so.... on that front it's hard to argue.

 

Your topic is so pointless it's just silly. People will always have their opinions. At least respect that. If anyone disagrees with you, you either LOL or call them racist.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Ben Hogan Would Be Irrelevant Today