or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack) - Page 12  

post #199 of 246
Thread Starter 

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play! 

post #200 of 246

Wow...this thread came to life....

 

 

I posted the first response and I am shocked to see it's on page 12 now.

 

 

 

Sheesh....

post #201 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut View Post

Wow...this thread came to life....

 

 

I posted the first response and I am shocked to see it's on page 12 now.

 

 

 

Sheesh....

Apparently lots of folks like to beat down a naive optimistic (nothing wrong with those characteristics) high school kid eh?

post #202 of 246
Tour pro, I wish. If I could shoot under 100 for 4 or 5 rounds in a row I will be wrapped. I have done it once then blew out. I'm not saying you can't do it either mate, but show us some proof of said skill with official cards and you might get some more love/respect.
Just a lowly31 cappers 2c worth 😄
post #203 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTourPro View Post

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play! 


Well, you will have the chance to know where you stand in your quest.  Come back on here AFTER this tournament & tell us how it went.

post #204 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTourPro View Post

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play! 


I admire your tenacity and confidence but there is basically no chance that you will become a tour pro. You are ignoring the talent aspect of golf. Tenacity can only go so far. You need to have talent that less than .1% of the rest of us have to reach the PGA Tour.

 

I suggest you strive to be the best player you can and enjoy the game.

post #205 of 246

I am wondering how many years until one of internet "I am going to be a pro" guys actually makes.  I figure it is bound to happen eventually.  I must admit though anyone that posts on messages boards rather than work on their game has questionable priorities.

 

Only 200 students were invited to play? How many of them will turn into PGA tour pros? Maybe 5 at best. Even when you make it to an elite level, few make it to the top. On the tour you are playing with the top high school players from the past 20 years (+euro players). It is scary to think how many NCAA champions, US amateur champs and other guys with high level wins don't come close to making it on the tour.

 

Keep on practicing and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTourPro View Post

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro. I'm saying I will become good enough to become pro and take that chance. Monday Qualifiers cost 500 bucks. I have no money and I am not near good enough yet. But I will be. Also It's not cockiness, it's self believe, tenacity, passion, hard work, and sacrifice. Also Basically every tour pro knew they wanted to become a tour pro. Every Tour pro I have talked to knew that's what they wanted to do. So golfconnect, thanks for the extra push to help me prove you wrong. I'm currently going to be playing in the Blue-Grey Best of East and West High School Invitational and can only be invited if a prestigious coach recommends you for the tournament. Only 200 High school students were invited to play! 

post #206 of 246

And yet you have guys like KJ Choi who started playing golf at the age of 16 hitting golf balls on the beach because the next golf course was 3 hours away. He shot his first par round when he was almost 22.


YE Yang didn´t even pick up a club until he was almost 20 years old and then served multiple years in the Korean military after that.

 

What exactly is talent?

 

Take Bubbas hook shot to win the masters for example. Many people after they saw that shot thought, "wow, that guy is talented". What people forget is that he has already been golfing and practicing intensely almost everyday for 33 years hitting that shot thousands of times in practice and working on his game for thousands of hours when he was a kid.

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x129 View Post

I am wondering how many years until one of internet "I am going to be a pro" guys actually makes.  I figure it is bound to happen eventually.  I must admit though anyone that posts on messages boards rather than work on their game has questionable priorities.

 

Only 200 students were invited to play? How many of them will turn into PGA tour pros? Maybe 5 at best. Even when you make it to an elite level, few make it to the top. On the tour you are playing with the top high school players from the past 20 years (+euro players). It is scary to think how many NCAA champions, US amateur champs and other guys with high level wins don't come close to making it on the tour.

 

Keep on practicing and enjoy the ride.

post #207 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongballGer View Post

And yet you have guys like KJ Choi who started playing golf at the age of 16 hitting golf balls on the beach because the next golf course was 3 hours away. He shot his first par round when he was almost 22.


YE Yang didn´t even pick up a club until he was almost 20 years old and then served multiple years in the Korean military after that.

 

What exactly is talent?

 

Take Bubbas hook shot to win the masters for example. Many people after they saw that shot thought, "wow, that guy is talented". What people forget is that he has already been golfing and practicing intensely almost everyday for 33 years hitting that shot thousands of times in practice and working on his game for thousands of hours when he was a kid.

 

 

Except Bubba probably could have hit that shot at age 16. Facts are that some people just have the touch, grow up knowing it and never losing confidence. Another person that has the "knack" may never pick up a club. I appears that the harder you have to work on golf, the less likely you have a chance to be a pro. You can still get very good but as others have stated in different ways, there is a little something extra there to be at Tour professional level.
 

post #208 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

 

Except Bubba probably could have hit that shot at age 16. Facts are that some people just have the touch, grow up knowing it and never losing confidence. Another person that has the "knack" may never pick up a club. I appears that the harder you have to work on golf, the less likely you have a chance to be a pro. You can still get very good but as others have stated in different ways, there is a little something extra there to be at Tour professional level.
 


At 16 years of age Bubba would have already been golfing intensely for 14 years.

Nobody is born being good at anything. The people that pick up a golf club the first time and seem to have "talent" is because they already developed good hand eye coordination and athletic ability playing other sports in the past.

post #209 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTourPro View Post

I'm not saying I'm good enough to be pro.

 

Then please explain the title of this thread.

post #210 of 246
Thread Starter 

Guys, I am so done trying to prove myself to all you guys. There is only one thing I will do and that is golf. Stop telling me I am not going to make it or I'm just some insane kid who doesn't know what reality is. I've lived on the streets, I've been abused by my mother. I felt useless, nothing, just a void in life. When I picked up that golf club and hit my first ball and saw it soar through the air I felt a purpose in my life. I want to be that inspiration in a kids who can find something they live for and pursue it. Not for fame or fortune, just because when you do it you feel like you belong in this world. Golf makes me happy. Golf makes me complete. I know the chances are extremely slim, I'll will literally die trying to become a tour pro. I have what it takes and I know you guys don't believe me and I don't care. Only thing I am ever gonna do in this life time of mine is to become a touring professional. Bout 90% of you have insulted me. That is not Golf. That is something utterly pathetic. All of the insults you guys say to me literally bounce off me. I don't care what you have to say. It's my life. The 10% who encourage me, thank you. It means a lot. 

post #211 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTourPro View Post

Guys, I am so done trying to prove myself to all you guys. There is only one thing I will do and that is golf. Stop telling me I am not going to make it or I'm just some insane kid who doesn't know what reality is. I've lived on the streets, I've been abused by my mother. I felt useless, nothing, just a void in life. When I picked up that golf club and hit my first ball and saw it soar through the air I felt a purpose in my life. I want to be that inspiration in a kids who can find something they live for and pursue it. Not for fame or fortune, just because when you do it you feel like you belong in this world. Golf makes me happy. Golf makes me complete. I know the chances are extremely slim, I'll will literally die trying to become a tour pro. I have what it takes and I know you guys don't believe me and I don't care. Only thing I am ever gonna do in this life time of mine is to become a touring professional. Bout 90% of you have insulted me. That is not Golf. That is something utterly pathetic. All of the insults you guys say to me literally bounce off me. I don't care what you have to say. It's my life. The 10% who encourage me, thank you. It means a lot. 

So done, so very done...

post #212 of 246

As I said, our future tour pro Zach will know where he stands after the 27th, when the tournament is completed.

post #213 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongballGer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

 

Except Bubba probably could have hit that shot at age 16. Facts are that some people just have the touch, grow up knowing it and never losing confidence. Another person that has the "knack" may never pick up a club. I appears that the harder you have to work on golf, the less likely you have a chance to be a pro. You can still get very good but as others have stated in different ways, there is a little something extra there to be at Tour professional level.
 


At 16 years of age Bubba would have already been golfing intensely for 14 years.

Nobody is born being good at anything. The people that pick up a golf club the first time and seem to have "talent" is because they already developed good hand eye coordination and athletic ability playing other sports in the past.


The way you wrote it sounds like you were insinuating KJ and YE were way more talented than Bubba by achieving more in less time. I was saying, whether it is Bubba, KJ oe YE they something "extra" that gives them an edge on golf. There are people that can play the piano after hearing a song and do it damn good so to be able to sudden be quite a bit better in a sport is not out of the question. I have excellent hand and eye coordination. This still does not mean I am going to be a Tour pro. Maybe it is a mental edge or an extra inherent feel for a game that distances one person from another. There are pro golfers in the past that did not practice hardly at all. I never said you don't need to practice or work on your game but if you have to absolutely have to kill yourself to get to 1 or scratch cap, you are unlikely to reach tour pro level.

post #214 of 246

so your playing in this tournament ?

 

http://www.impactprospects.com/golf.htm

post #215 of 246
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacm3bill View Post

 

Then please explain the title of this thread.

You didn't read the paragraph well enough. I said I will become good enough. 

post #216 of 246
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybbq View Post

so your playing in this tournament ?

 

http://www.impactprospects.com/golf.htm

Yes I am sent in my stuff today.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
This thread is locked  
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I will become a tour professional! (Know I am going to get a lot of smack)