or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread - Page 13

post #217 of 1115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 You can't make that stuff up...or can you? 

 

It's either very clever writing with a great ability to stay in character throughout the different threads, or a crystal clear reason for chlorinating the gene pool.   

Perfectly said. That is what makes Gilberg's writing so compelling. I can't figure out if he is really a 45 yr old subtle genius or a 15 yr old special needs kidb5_confused.gif

post #218 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

I'm just catching up on the Gilberg saga, didn't see these posts in Dec, very entertaining.

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/63692/dunlop-13-driver-beware#post_791876

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilberg View Post

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) just dropped a few bucks on the new Dunlop 13 C- driver.  He is a hellova golfer but he gets scammed real eazy.  He was a Big-Oh the other day and pick up a couple wide-body Appalachian Ridge tires for his Geep and they offered to throw in the new Dunlop 13 C-, no strings attached.  He took the bait (yeah, I know), but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.  But they would take it back since it was free and because they said they didn't have enough room for it.  So he is probably going to pop it up on ebay, so beware, cause it would most likely reduce your total driving statistic.

 

 

 

 

Pop Quiz

 

Since this is the spelling & grammar thread, it seems appropriate to ask here:  how would "Geep" be pronounced?  Hard G or soft G?  I have the final say on this since I asked the question and therefore am all-knowing on this subject.

 

Edit: I actually looked it up and turns out I'm correct anyway a1_smile.gif.

I think the "G" sound in this case is "HUH"... Special pronunciation exception that is seldom used....

post #219 of 1115

I saw this ad (there's a square version too) on the site just now:

 

 

post #220 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I saw this ad (there's a square version too) on the site just now:

 

 

im note sher that countz cuz their mesing upp on perpuss. ;)

post #221 of 1115

Unedusated golfer needs help with 9w & 7w...

 

lol

post #222 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Unedusated golfer needs help with 9w & 7w...

 

lol

 

They make 9 woods?

post #223 of 1115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Unedusated golfer needs help with 9w & 7w...

 

lol

 

They make 9 woods?

Makes you wonder - don't people even glance at what they have just typed?

 

And yes, they make 9 woods but why? I think it's got the flight and distance of like a 7i.

post #224 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

Makes you wonder - don't people even glance at what they have just typed?

 

And yes, they make 9 woods but why? I think it's got the flight and distance of like a 7i.

That's what bugs me the most. Typo's happen, no biggie, doesn't mean someone is dumb. But Damn, some of this is just pure laziness. Just a cursory proof read, that's all I ask.

 

Or just click spell check, make it worth my while to read it. I mean c'mon, that last one was even in giant font.

 

RE: 9 woods. I've heard of (never seen) 11 woods and even 13 woods.

post #225 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

That's what bugs me the most. Typo's happen, no biggie, doesn't mean someone is dumb. But Damn, some of this is just pure laziness. Just a cursory proof read, that's all I ask.

 

Or just click spell check, make it worth my while to read it. I mean c'mon, that last one was even in giant font.

 

RE: 9 woods. I've heard of (never seen) 11 woods and even 13 woods.

 

With woods like those, who needs wedges?  

post #226 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

With woods like those, who needs wedges?  

How about a 21 wood LOL with 46 freakin' degrees of loft!!!

post #227 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Typo's happen

 

Yes, they do.

post #228 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

How about a 21 wood LOL with 46 freakin' degrees of loft!!!

 

 If I ever start putting something like this in my bag, all of you have my complete permission to beat me totally senseless (with whatever club you chose), confiscate all my golf gear, and put me on the TSA "Do Not Golf" watch list.  

post #229 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post

 

Yes, they do.

LOL, it took me about 5 minutes to even see what the typo was! BUSTED lol.

 

This thread is not the place to be making typos!

post #230 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post

 

 If I ever start putting something like this in my bag, all of you have my complete permission to beat me totally senseless (with whatever club you chose), confiscate all my golf gear, and put me on the TSA "Do Not Golf" watch list.  

Imagine how much fun it is managing a bag with 14 woods in it! I assume the putter would be a mallet!

post #231 of 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

How about a 21 wood LOL with 46 freakin' degrees of loft!!!

 

I wonder how big the divots from that thing can get?  I'd love to see Bubba try and hit a trap-draw with that thing.  May take out half the fairway.

post #232 of 1115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Swede View Post

 

Yes, they do.

LOL, it took me about 5 minutes to even see what the typo was! BUSTED lol.

 

This thread is not the place to be making typos!

Took me a couple also. I was just staring at the two words going 'I don't see anything.....oohhhhhh, duh!'

post #233 of 1115
Thread Starter 
Quote:

I know lessons are important, but will I learn to hit my clubs as much as I will work on mechanics and me?

 

Hopefully this isn't too confusing of a question.

 

His hope had no chance.

 

This one is beautiful because it is so short and simple, but you read it over 10 times and still go 'Wha......?'

post #234 of 1115

Mechanics and Me sounds like a TV show that would follow Reading Rainbow.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread