or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread - Page 14

post #235 of 1008

Been seeing a lot of "all of the sudden" lately....

post #236 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

 

And yes, they make 9 woods but why? I think it's got the flight and distance of like a 7i.

EASY - mine goes a hell of a lot further than a 7 iron (and a lot higher too) - but i think the modern 9 wood is the equivalent of an old 7 wood

post #237 of 1008
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

 

And yes, they make 9 woods but why? I think it's got the flight and distance of like a 7i.

EASY - mine goes a hell of a lot further than a 7 iron (and a lot higher too) - but i think the modern 9 wood is the equivalent of an old 7 wood

So, does it have the loft of a 9i (~44*?) and how far does it go?

post #238 of 1008

Check it out: http://www.globalgolf.com/gallery/golfclub/-/ptid--2/fairway-wood.aspx?styp=23

 

Global golf has a selection of 9 woods.

 

I think they're made for women and older golfers.  

 

 

 

 

Quote:
The woods in a typical golfer's bag will include a driver and one or two fairway woods, most commonly a 3-wood and/or 5-wood. Women and seniors might benefit from adding a 7-wood or 9-wood. The 4-wood is another common wood, and some golfers even carry an 11-wood.
 

 

post #239 of 1008
Thread Starter 

This is from the 'Annoying Golfer' thread, by a guy whose other postings are fairly comprehendable, so I'm not sure what happened here:

 

Quote:

We're waiting to tee of as usual because the hole it tee box, lake, elevated green trees right and back of green.

 

I'm trying to picture elevated green trees...I guess they planted them up on a platform or something...

post #240 of 1008
Thread Starter 
Callaway X Hot

 

I want to know who used this club that makes it a buck fifty more than a new one...

post #241 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

So, does it have the loft of a 9i (~44*?) and how far does it go?

The loft is like 24 degrees, I hit it anywhere from 175-200. I've seen older 9 woods with 27 degrees of loft.

Cant multi quote from my phone but I paid $119 new for that callaway.
post #242 of 1008

Yeah, a 9 wood is a 4 iron replacement. 7 wood's a 3 iron. 5 wood was a 2 iron but now that there aren't really any 2 irons anymore, it's just a 5 wood. a2_wink.gif

post #243 of 1008
Thread Starter 

So why is it called a 9w if it doesn't have the loft of a 9i?

post #244 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

So why is it called a 9w if it doesn't have the loft of a 9i?

 

 

5 iron and 5 wood don't have the same lofts, right?

 

It looks like

 

3w - 15*

5w - 18* 

7w - 21*

9w - 24*

post #245 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacm3bill View Post

Been seeing a lot of "all of the sudden" lately....

And "could of been" makes its occasional appearances. I make this mistake sometimes when I'm writing fast but I hate myself when I do.

post #246 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

This is from the 'Annoying Golfer' thread, by a guy whose other postings are fairly comprehendable, so I'm not sure what happened here:

 

 

Hmmm, I'd like to get a judge's ruling on this one a2_wink.gif

post #247 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

Hmmm, I'd like to get a judge's ruling on this one a2_wink.gif

 

Both comprehensible and acceptable.  a1_smile.gif

post #248 of 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

Hmmm, I'd like to get a judge's ruling on this one a2_wink.gif

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_meaning_of_comprehendable

 
It's close, but no cigar.
post #249 of 1008

c3_clap.gif We got him!

post #250 of 1008
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

c3_clap.gif We got him!

Damn it! I knew when I started this thread that it was only a matter of tyme befur I mayd it heer as a subjekt of ridecule rather then a disher outer b4_blushing.gif

post #251 of 1008
post #252 of 1008

Thats the sayme thing mai link saiys.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread