or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread - Page 26

post #451 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Just got a visit from FexEx....

 

A new parcel company? 

post #452 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

 

Bonus points for using the phrase, "I, personally."

Nothing wrong with the owner of a garage saying to a disgruntled customer that he changed the brake pads "personally", so the customer knows who did it, not just "I" or "we" as in someone at the business.  Or the bank manager saying "I personally made the transfer for you" as a way of demonstrating accountability.

 

As for people saying "I personally own a Vokey wedge" or "I personally picked up an RBZ Stage 2 last week" or "I personally think that my putting causes my scores to blow out".......nah.

 

But this is nothing compared to the ubiquitous "going forward", which has quite rightfully bcome a complete joke in business and has migrated to everyday speech - even this bloody forum!

Someone wrote the other day that they went to Bettinardi's and were treated so well that they will use no other brand "going forward". AARRRGHHH

I don't want to be playing bullshit bingo in a golfing forum, let a lone a business meeting, so let's just stick with "from now on". Worked in the past, continues to work.

post #453 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Not

I don't want to be playing bullshit bingo in a golfing forum, let a lone a business meeting, so let's just stick with "from now on". Worked in the past, continues to work.

That's let alone, not "let a lone" :-)

post #454 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

That's let alone, not "let a lone" a1_smile.gif

I'll ignore that going forward. a2_wink.gif
post #455 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

That's let alone, not "let a lone" :-)

 

I let a loan I made to a friend go un-repaid. a3_biggrin.gif

post #456 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

MVMAC great looking hates could you PM me the info i will pay right away.

Thanks so much.

 

I could always use a good hate when I'm golfing.

post #457 of 1060

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe.  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67258/evolution-and-statistics-of-a-beginning-golfer#post_855135

post #458 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe.  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67258/evolution-and-statistics-of-a-beginning-golfer#post_855135

 

Ahh, yes, the "wall of text."  Perfect example of it, right there.

post #459 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe.  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67258/evolution-and-statistics-of-a-beginning-golfer#post_855135

 

 

Off topic but how do you link to a specific post in a thread?

post #460 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

 

 

Off topic but how do you link to a specific post in a thread?

 

Top right corner of any post is a link to the post with the post number.  Yours says post #459, mine should say post #460.

post #461 of 1060

post #160

 

ah, good to know. I always wondered how people did this. Odd that it showed up as "post #160" instead of the code...the first time I tried it looked different...

post #462 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

post #160

 

ah, good to know. I always wondered how people did this. Odd that it showed up as "post #160" instead of the code...the first time I tried it looked different...

 

It probably recognized the hyperlink and formatted it as if you used the "Link" option when formatting a reply.

post #463 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

 

It probably recognized the hyperlink and formatted it as if you used the "Link" option when formatting a reply.

 

Yeah the rich text editor here tries to copy and paste formatted text. Links are formatted text.

 

For example:

 

Recent Discussions

or

 

 

14-2. Assistance

a. Physical Assistance and Protection from Elements

A player must not make a stroke while accepting physical assistance or protection from the elements.

b. Positioning of Caddie or Partner Behind Ball

A player must not make a stroke with his caddie, his partner or hispartner’scaddie positioned on or close to an extension of the line of play orline of putt behind the ball.

Exception: There is no penalty if the player’s caddie, his partner or his partner’s caddie is inadvertently located on or close to an extension of the line of play or line of putt behind the ball.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 14-1 Or 14-2:

Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes.

post #464 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post

Picture the sound…

 

Uhm…

 

 

Did I do it right?

post #465 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Nothing wrong with the owner of a garage saying to a disgruntled customer that he changed the brake pads "personally", so the customer knows who did it, not just "I" or "we" as in someone at the business.  Or the bank manager saying "I personally made the transfer for you" as a way of demonstrating accountability.

 

As for people saying "I personally own a Vokey wedge" or "I personally picked up an RBZ Stage 2 last week" or "I personally think that my putting causes my scores to blow out".......nah.

 

But this is nothing compared to the ubiquitous "going forward", which has quite rightfully bcome a complete joke in business and has migrated to everyday speech - even this bloody forum!

Someone wrote the other day that they went to Bettinardi's and were treated so well that they will use no other brand "going forward". AARRRGHHH

I don't want to be playing bullshit bingo in a golfing forum, let a lone a business meeting, so let's just stick with "from now on". Worked in the past, continues to work.

My new "favorite" is "at the end of the day."  (And by favorite, I mean the cliche that annoys me the most, these days)

post #466 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Happy Farher's day BTW.
 

I almost feel bad mocking someone's well wishes to me but, eh...all's fair in cyberspace!

 

And I'll take this opportunity to wish all my fellow trapper's (with children) a HAPPY FARHER'S DAY.

 

c3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gifc3_clap.gif

post #467 of 1060
I could edit that and pretend it never happened, but I am just going to leave it. Classic! Think I might be posting on the iPhone this morning?
Edited by cipher - 6/16/13 at 9:46am
post #468 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I could edit that and pretend it never happened, but I am just going to leave it. Classic! Think I might be posting on the iPhone this morning?
Just say you were trying to be the Dutch dude from the Austin powers movies. Happy fasha's day! "Sorry, I don't speak freaky deeky Dutch"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread