or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread - Page 6

post #91 of 1010
Thread Starter 
Quote:

 The sterotype golfer: a white old man who wears plaid, sweater vests, little hats with poppies on top, and is crabby. This driver wouldn't appear to fir that golfer. But it would, just like it fits me, just like it fits people who get paid to do what you all love. Don't get me wrong, I love plaid and sweater vests; I'm more classic in the looks department. So when you think this driver don't let your mind jump to "kids these days." If Rickie Fowler didn't look like hippie, then maybe people wouldn't see him with it and say, "What happened to golf." If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas, or Halloween in this case

 

What exactly is he saying?

post #92 of 1010

I'm guessing English isn't his first language?

post #93 of 1010

I may not drive 300 yards, but at least I have this (first try)...

 

700

post #94 of 1010

^^^ Cheater.

post #95 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

^^^ Cheater.


c2_beer.gif

 

I've actually been timed at 140 or 150 wpm for a paragraph or so. It took a few tries, and was kind of funny because the online test I was using kept giving me captcha tests to prove that I was human.

post #96 of 1010

You are certainly NOT human. Geez.  Do you do any form of transcription for a living?

post #97 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

You are certainly NOT human. Geez.  Do you do any form of transcription for a living?

 

Heh, no, but I've spent more than my share of time at a keyboard.

post #98 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeg View Post

c2_beer.gif

I've actually been timed at 140 or 150 wpm for a paragraph or so. It took a few tries, and was kind of funny because the online test I was using kept giving me captcha tests to prove that I was human.

Where are the Trackman numbers? I want video next time! b2_tongue.gif
post #99 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Where are the Trackman numbers? I want video next time! b2_tongue.gif

Zeg's gonna go for Kickstarter of the Month in August  (I assume Jimbo's got July all sewn up) so he's gonna start a new thread ... Why is it so hard to believe I can type 150 wpm + ???

post #100 of 1010

You guys may be able to type 100WPM+, but I can go over 3,000 total typed words without any errors....without any error-sensing/checking.  FACT.

post #101 of 1010

Sorry, I tried to take some video but it was a really bad day and I didn't have time to get a better one. This will have to do. Trust me, when I really get going I'm MUCH faster.

 

 

(by the way, a great place to practice typing is www.typeracer.com)

post #102 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I'm guessing English isn't his first language?

Hay, I got mentint and I dint even no it. Dak is kwikly beekumming the noo Shorty

post #103 of 1010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post

Hay, I got mentint and I dint even no it. Dak is kwikly beekumming the noo Shorty

 

Thanks for the compliment!

 

Now just sit back and wait for the onslaught from the ShortMan oh ye of small mind..

post #104 of 1010
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Eg, 5iron 39.5, instead of 38inc for 5'9 and 1/2 male golfer..

 

Hmmm...eunich? tranny? Dame Edna? 

post #105 of 1010

The phrase 'Woe betide' used to confuse me like hell at school. I always thought a guy called Wobie went around tying people up (who deserved it ofc). Being moderately deaf doesn't help, I guess haha. Eg:

Wobie tied any man who cannot use English properly on the internet.

post #106 of 1010
Thread Starter 

This isn't really a spelling or grammatical error, but I had to post it:

 

 

Quote:

 I can still see the anger in his voice when...

 

That would be kind of cool if you could actually see vocal emotions..

post #107 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak4n6 View Post

This isn't really a spelling or grammatical error, but I had to post it:

 

 

 

That would be kind of cool if you could actually see vocal emotions..

 

There is a neurological condition called Synesthesia where some people believe they can.   In one of the forms those afflicted with it see colors and shapes associated with emotions when people speak. 

 

post #108 of 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clambake View Post

There is a neurological condition called Synesthesia where some people believe they can.   In one of the forms those afflicted with it see colors and shapes associated with emotions when people speak. 

 



Or the poster was just tripping balls on acid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread