or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round? - Page 10

post #163 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

But you are not careful enough not to have a photograph of what I assume is your daughter as your avatar and admit that you take drugs on the golf course.

Unbelievable. Playing golf should be the drug. I feel sorry for anyone who can't get enough enjoyment out of the game on its own and fear for children whose parents think that taking drugs on a golf course is acceptable behaviour.

Actually, she's my grandaughter. I've raised 7 kids who are now all out on their own. If I want to smoke a little grass on the course, I will. I really don't care if you feel sorry for me or not, I feel sorry for somebody who can't just live their own life and have to worry about what eveybody else is doing.

post #164 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

Yeah....mighty uncool of me to look down my nose at people who need to take drugs on a golf course. I need to chill. 

In my book, if you need recreational drugs to make your life better, then you've got bigger problems than me.

I've spent enough time with users to know what they're like and, thankfully, it never occurred to me, until this thread that there were people so ***ked up that they have to smoke joints on the course. 

Funny how they are the ones who get more idignant that those who oppose them.

I agree that an alcoholic might be worse company, but for goodness' sake, smoking dope on a golf course?????

If you've been playing golf for a while and have been paired up with strangers in the past, than I practically guarantee that you've played with guys who've smoked on the course.

post #165 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsknicks1 View Post

Actually, she's my grandaughter. I've raised 7 kids who are now all out on their own. If I want to smoke a little grass on the course, I will. I really don't care if you feel sorry for me or not, I feel sorry for somebody who can't just live their own life and have to worry about what eveybody else is doing.

I applaud you and agree 100%!
post #166 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

 How often do you play with people who smoke weed during their round?

Not often enough! f1_cool.gif

post #167 of 343

In all my life I dont think I have ever encountered ANYBODY smoking a joint on the course.

 

All my friends usually use some sort of pipe.

 

Truthfully though a few of my playing partners all smoke on the course but I dont care for that. It gets annoying if Im in the cart with them but if you wanna play stoned thats fine by me. Just gonna make your score that much worse. I do tend to drink a bit on the course sometimes so it evens out.

post #168 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Hey, Augusta is a private club and has the right to be a bunch of bigots.  That said, they are still a bunch of bigots there.

 

I don't want anybody with an avatar promoting bigotry to speak down to somebody about smoking weed.  Bigotry is much, much worse than a little pot smoking.

Sandman I think you're reaching big time on this subject. Everyone knows Augusta had and currently has it's share of issues. But to lash out at someone for having an avatar of a person of color playing a "racist" course as you put it is laughable. Would you get this worked up if someone had a baseball avatar?

 

As a black man, I know that racism still exists but it bugs the hell out of me when people play the race card when it's unnecessary. We were talking about weed on the golf course for crying out loud.

post #169 of 343

Augusta is a private club that doesn't publish their member list.  You have no idea, nor do I, how many of their members are minorities.  When you have real facts, not speculation that states they are currently racists show it here.    Many institutions were racists prior to the civil rights movement, including our own government so not sure why you felt the need to single out someones avatar of ANCC.  No one cares that you smoke pot, some of us have stated we don't want you smoking it around us during a round of golf, there's a difference.   

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Sorry, but if some jagoff wants to promote bigotry with their avatar, I don't want to hear them complaining about people smoking pot.  They should deal with their own bigotry issues and stop telling others what they can and cannot do on a golf course.

 

And Augusta is a private course, so they can be bigots.  But that means that anybody using Augusta as their avatar also promotes bigotry.

 

Sorry, but I don't respect bigotry.

post #170 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

But you are not careful enough not to have a photograph of what I assume is your daughter as your avatar and admit that you take drugs on the golf course.

Unbelievable. Playing golf should be the drug. I feel sorry for anyone who can't get enough enjoyment out of the game on its own and fear for children whose parents think that taking drugs on a golf course is acceptable behaviour.

 

I have raised two good kids with the youngest graduating high school tomorrow and moving on to university in the fall. The oldest works for a bank and going to school. What the hell does smoking a plant have to do with that?

 

I feel sorry for narrow minded people who think that they know best.

post #171 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

 

Then you undestand wrong.

You claim to be educated about the history of marijuana , but claim that it is harmless!

And then you say that I am ignorant!  

Anyone who thinks that marijuana is harmless has obviously smoked too much of it.

But then, cancer and brain damage aren't really "harm", are they?

 

Really, you can smoke as much as you like - but don't kid yourself into thinking it is harmless.

 

As I said earlier, the grumpiest and angriest people in this thread are those who in sist on their "right" to do something that is illegal, antisocial and unhealthy.

I have worked with too many adults and youths whose brains are irreparably damaged by "soft" drugs like marijuana.

 

 

So let me get this straight you believe that because I smoke marijuana and have for well over 30 years that I am antisocial, a criminal and also unhealthy? Little judge-mental no? I walk every round of golf, I am a member of a golf club and participate in many community functions and enjoy spending time with various people some who smoke and some who don't. So unhealthy and antisocial I think not. As for its legality well that is up to a bunch of grumpy old men who believe they have a right to tell me what I can and can't use in my body. I want to know why you believe that you or others have the right to tell me why I am not allowed to smoke or ingest marijuana.

 

You also say soft drugs like marijuana. Out of curiosity what other drugs do you consider soft drugs that do damage?

 

I personally see way more problems in society caused by alcohol than anything else yet I seem to be able to purchase and consume this drug quite easily. Heck I can go to a course and they encourage you to consume this drug right there on the course. They even have convenient mobile delivery service for it.

post #172 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putridgasbag View Post

 

 

"So let me get this straight you believe that because I smoke marijuana and have for well over 30 years that I am antisocial, a criminal and also unhealthy? Little judge-mental no? I walk every round of golf, I am a member of a golf club and participate in many community functions and enjoy spending time with various people some who smoke and some who don't. So unhealthy and antisocial I think not. As for its legality well that is up to a bunch of grumpy old men who believe they have a right to tell me what I can and can't use in my body. I want to know why you believe that you or others have the right to tell me why I am not allowed to smoke or ingest marijuana.

 

You also say soft drugs like marijuana. Out of curiosity what other drugs do you consider soft drugs that do damage?

 

I personally see way more problems in society caused by alcohol than anything else yet I seem to be able to purchase and consume this drug quite easily. Heck I can go to a course and they encourage you to consume this drug right there on the course. They even have convenient mobile delivery service for it."

 

Technically smoking it does make you a criminal..it is an illegal drug. b2_tongue.gif(<<<somewhat sarcastic BTW)

 

I really don't care if people smoke it.  I just don't like to be around it.  I carry a professional license that could be revoked if I were to get nailed for something like drug usage or possession, because of that I just don't want to take my chance.  I smoked a little back in college, but never really got into it.  I personally don't see it as being much worse than alcohol, but the bottom line for me is that it is ILLEGAL, so I personally do not partake.  It would be a different story for me if it was legal I imagine.

post #173 of 343

I think I smoked one the course once or twice years and years ago. I'm a bad golfer now, back then I was just digging holes around the course, enjoying my golf cart ride. I don't smoke weed now, only because I reached a point where I was abusing every drug, legal or not. I just stopped the abuse and dropped the illegal drug use completely. If weed is ever made legal, I'll fire up again.

 

I don't get drug tested, and I wouldn't excuse myself if anyone I was playing with lit up, but I would not partake. I would however, pay close attention to see if it affected their golf game, God knows how much beer can affect someones game!

post #174 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Yeah, you are correct, augustais not racist.
And I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.
And if you're dumb enough tobelievethat Augusta is not racist, they still mistreat women.
But Weed is the real evil. Not bigots.

 

lol Come on guys, are you seriously still trying to instill some intelligence and logic in this kid? He is clearly just a kid looking for attention. Also, I didn't know that "woman" was a type of ethnicity, or that sexism and racism were so closely similar either.

 

In all honesty, this thread should just get locked. It is far too tempting to see what this kid is ranting about next. It's like watching an episode of Jersey Shore.

post #175 of 343

I smoke weed once in a great while when someone I know well has it.  I don't go looking for it.  That being said I think I did take a toke off a pipe last year on a golf course [nobody around us].  I think the idea that alcohol is legal and pot isn't is a bit absurd.  

post #176 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeOne View Post

Technically smoking it does make you a criminal..it is an illegal drug. b2_tongue.gif(<<<somewhat sarcastic BTW)

 

I really don't care if people smoke it.  I just don't like to be around it.  I carry a professional license that could be revoked if I were to get nailed for something like drug usage or possession, because of that I just don't want to take my chance.  I smoked a little back in college, but never really got into it.  I personally don't see it as being much worse than alcohol, but the bottom line for me is that it is ILLEGAL, so I personally do not partake.  It would be a different story for me if it was legal I imagine.

 

What type of professional license do you have that could possibly be revoked for possession or usage of marijuana?  I don't believe that.

post #177 of 343

Professional Land Surveyor.  A conviction of any type could land me in front of a review board, they may let it go, they may not.  Bottom line is I'm not taking my chances.  I'm guessing that there are other professionals that would face similar review. 

 

I didn't say usage could cause me to lose it, I said if I were to get nailed for it (implying that there would be legal implications).  I'm sure I could use it all I wanted, as long as I never got caught using or possessing it.  I really don't care if other people want to use it, I just don't like putting myself in situations that could only have bad outcomes for me.
 

post #178 of 343

Do a google. Pretty much in every state you can get your license suspended or revoked if you get a conviction for any drug charge. You can get it back but it is a real pain to have to go in front of those review boards. And of course the risk of it making into google and hurt future business. Even in the states where it is legal (i.e. CA with a perscription) at the state level, last I checked a company is free to fire you for failing a drug test. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

 

What type of professional license do you have that could possibly be revoked for possession or usage of marijuana?  I don't believe that.

post #179 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by x129 View Post

Do a google. Pretty much in every state you can get your license suspended or revoked if you get a conviction for any drug charge. You can get it back but it is a real pain to have to go in front of those review boards. And of course the risk of it making into google and hurt future business. Even in the states where it is legal (i.e. CA with a perscription) at the state level, last I checked a company is free to fire you for failing a drug test. 

 

I would like to know what professional license can be suspended for a possession or usage of marijuana charge.  Please give me the exact professional license and the state.

 

I am unaware of any medical or financial licenses that can be revoked for a possession or use of marijuana charge.  There are no states that will take away your legal license for possession or use of marijuana. 

 

I do not believe that anybody here has a professional license that would be revoked for a possession or use of marijuana conviction.

post #180 of 343

 a quick google search on some professional land surveyer shows that marijuana conviction must be reported, but I don't see it as a grounds for revocation.  The language I found was concvicted of a felony or crime of moral terpitude (same as a law license).  The reporting requirement seems to be attached to the:

Displayed an inability to practice a business or profession licensed under this title with reasonable skill and safety to the public or has become unable to practice the licensed business or profession with reasonable skill and safety to the public by reason of illness, use of alcohol, drugs, narcotics, chemicals, or any other type of material;
 

 

I don't see anywhere that states that you could lose your professional surveyer license do to a conviction of marijuana possession.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?