or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round? - Page 15

post #253 of 343

Marijuana is a VIOLATION in most jurisdictions.  Violations are not crimes, you baffoon.  Crimes are misdemeanors and felony convictions, not violation conviction (or even misdemeanor arrests with a statutory mandate allowing a reduction to a violation/dismissal, like marijuana acd in NY)

post #254 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Marijuana is a VIOLATION in most jurisdictions.  Violations are not crimes, you baffoon.  Crimes are misdemeanors and felony convictions, not violation conviction (or even misdemeanor arrests with a statutory mandate allowing a reduction to a violation/dismissal, like marijuana acd in NY)

Crime is the breach of rules or laws for which some governing authority (via mechanisms such as legal systems) can ultimately prescribe a conviction.

 

God you're an idiot.

 

Straight from a pro-pot website:

 

"U.S. marijuana policy is unique among American criminal laws in being enforced so widely and harshly"

post #255 of 343
God you are a shitlord mr wiggles. Lots of things used to be crimes that today we'd laugh at. Keep using that bullshit crutch, totally overlooking the fact that it isn't a crime for millions of americans and not every law on the books is totally moral because the infallible government says so.
post #256 of 343

If you are asked on a job application, "Have you ever been arrested for a crime"

The proper answer to that is Yes only if you have a misdemeanor or felony conviction.

A violation is not a crime.  And a non-conviction after a misdemeanor or felony arrest is not a crime nor is it even considered an arrest.

 

If you walk down broadway in the middle of Times Square, and you take out a small bag of marijuana and waive it right in front of a police officer, I can 100% guarantee that you will not have a criminal record after such incident, and you will answer NO to a question of "have you ever been arrested for a crime" on any type of application. 

 

And since you like links, check out (6) of NY Penal Law Section 10 (definitions)

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article10.htm

6. "Crime" means a misdemeanor or a felony.
 

baffoon!!


Edited by MrSandman - 6/29/12 at 4:21pm
post #257 of 343

In Chicago you now get a ticket and a fine (following similarly to what NY and other states/cities have done)...

post #258 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

driving under the influence of marijuana cracks me up.  Usually they are pulled over for driving too slow.

 

Alcohol cause greater impairment to judgment and more aggressive tendencies than marijuana.  You can debate which is worse, but you cannot really argue that point. 


I am probably one of the lesser stick in the muds on this site and I feel you are kind of a ass. The combative responses do not really help your cause. I guess if you enjoy this kind of back and forth stuff.....

post #259 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

If you are asked on a job application, "Have you ever been arrested for a crime"

The proper answer to that is Yes only if you have a misdemeanor or felony conviction.

A violation is not a crime.  And a non-conviction after a misdemeanor or felony arrest is not a crime nor is it even considered an arrest.

 

If you walk down broadway in the middle of Times Square, and you take out a small bag of marijuana and waive it right in front of a police officer, I can 100% guarantee that you will not have a criminal record after such incident, and you will answer NO to a question of "have you ever been arrested for a crime" on any type of application. 

 

And since you like links, check out (6) of NY Penal Law Section 10 (definitions)

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article10.htm

6. "Crime" means a misdemeanor or a felony.
 

baffoon!!

 

Marijuana possession is illegal in all 50 states, if for no other reason than because it's against federal law.  It doesn't matter what the state laws say, the feds don't care.  And possession is a misdemeanor until the quantity you have reaches a certain point, then it becomes "possession with intent to sell" and that's a felony.  It's illegal here where I now live (The Bahamas are death on drugs and drug runners), and it's even illegal in Jamaica, although every time you turn around some guy in dreadlocks is trying to sell you some "ganja".   I think you need to get your facts figured out.

 

To answer the OP's question, no I've never knowingly played with anyone who was smoking, so if they did they were very good at hiding it.  And yes, I know what to look for.  I was one of those late 60's - 70's hippies.  I smoked pounds of pot, used acid, mescaline, mushrooms, hash, etc.  No opiates.  I gave up that lifestyle a long, long time ago, and if offered now, I'd decline.  Although you couldn't have convinced me of it back then, the world is a prettier place when not viewed through a marijuana haze.

post #260 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

 

Marijuana possession is illegal in all 50 states, if for no other reason than because it's against federal law.  It doesn't matter what the state laws say, the feds don't care. 

 

Then how do states and cities get away with simply issuing citations? 

post #261 of 343


Real simple. States are not required to enforce federal laws. In your town with decriminalized weed, a federal officier could still arrest you for violating federal law. In general that isn't a big deal unless you are trying to run a grow farm in which case the DEA  might go after  you.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gresh24 View Post

 

Then how do states and cities get away with simply issuing citations? 

post #262 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

driving under the influence of marijuana cracks me up.  Usually they are pulled over for driving too slow.

Alcohol cause greater impairment to judgment and more aggressive tendencies than marijuana.  You can debate which is worse, but you cannot really argue that point. 

Cracks you up, huh?

Maybe I'm the only father here that thinks like this, but if your dope smoking self crashes into my kid and kills her, there will be no safe place on earth for you. I'm no bad-ass, but as much as I know my daughter would want me to move on or whatever, there is only one kind of justice that would let me live with myself.

I said I don't smoke dope, but I've smoked my share in younger days. Unless it was some Mississippi dirt weed, the good dope I've smoked left me in no condition to drive, slowly or otherwise.

And yes, I CAN argue which causes a 'greater' degree of impairment. Impaired is impaired...you've clearly never had a front row seat to a fatal crash that involved drugs or alcohol.

I know...many folks will think I'm a douche for what I just wrote. I'm perfectly okay with that.
post #263 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresh24 View Post

 

Then how do states and cities get away with simply issuing citations? 

My buddy has a license and was living in San Diego but he was from Orange County so driving back and forth he had to go through a federal customs checkpoint and had weed on him. He was taken aside spent a few hours in a cell and a little slap on the wrist or something like that and was let go (without his stash). Legal in California but illegal in California if you come across the wrong law enforcement.

post #264 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinItAll View Post


Cracks you up, huh?
Maybe I'm the only father here that thinks like this, but if your dope smoking self crashes into my kid and kills her, there will be no safe place on earth for you. I'm no bad-ass, but as much as I know my daughter would want me to move on or whatever, there is only one kind of justice that would let me live with myself.
I said I don't smoke dope, but I've smoked my share in younger days. Unless it was some Mississippi dirt weed, the good dope I've smoked left me in no condition to drive, slowly or otherwise.
And yes, I CAN argue which causes a 'greater' degree of impairment. Impaired is impaired...you've clearly never had a front row seat to a fatal crash that involved drugs or alcohIm a ol.
I know...many folks will think I'm a douche for what I just wrote. I'm perfectly okay with that.

I agree with you on this. Impaired is impaired and driving shouldnt be done during any impairment. I understand your reaction. Thinking about a loved one just taken away like that is terrible.

post #265 of 343

Sandman thinks driving stoned is a joke?

 

Shows how idiotic and immature he really is.

 

Smoke if you want to smoke, I do. But stay the **** away from a drivers seat.

post #266 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinItAll View Post

Cracks you up, huh?
Maybe I'm the only father here that thinks like this, but if your dope smoking self crashes into my kid and kills her, there will be no safe place on earth for you. I'm no bad-ass, but as much as I know my daughter would want me to move on or whatever, there is only one kind of justice that would let me live with myself.
I said I don't smoke dope, but I've smoked my share in younger days. Unless it was some Mississippi dirt weed, the good dope I've smoked left me in no condition to drive, slowly or otherwise.
And yes, I CAN argue which causes a 'greater' degree of impairment. Impaired is impaired...you've clearly never had a front row seat to a fatal crash that involved drugs or alcohol.
I know...many folks will think I'm a douche for what I just wrote. I'm perfectly okay with that.

I don't think you're a douche at all. I think you're spot on. I have two daughters of my own, and I'd react the same way.
post #267 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Yeah, you are correct, augustais not racist.
And I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you.
And if you're dumb enough tobelievethat Augusta is not racist, they still mistreat women.
But Weed is the real evil. Not bigots.

 

I think I understood what you were originally trying to say vis a vis weed and golf, but you have completely veered off track.  Augusta mistreats women?  I would guess you mean to say Augusta has never invited a woman to be a member of ANGC, but I fail to see how that rises to the level of "mistreatment".  Private clubs are legal, time honored institutions in this country.  The beauty of the notion of "private" means that clubs get to determine the composition of their own membership.  You don't have to agree with it, but at least get it right.

post #268 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApocG10 View Post

Sandman thinks driving stoned is a joke?

 

Shows how idiotic and immature he really is.

 

Smoke if you want to smoke, I do. But stay the **** away from a drivers seat.

 

Sandman's comments clearly show the error of posting while impaired.  God forbid that he ever has to react in an emergency while driving that way.

post #269 of 343

Holy crap reading the testing that some people do for their work leaves me to believe that there are some CIA agents here (kidding guys).  I have never encountered it on the course nor would it bother me.  If it did bother me for drug testing purposes and such I would simply explain my situation to them and ask if they could avoid me when lighting up.  Remember guys if you are polite to people they have a tendency to be polite to you.

 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinItAll View Post


Cracks you up, huh?
Maybe I'm the only father here that thinks like this, but if your dope smoking self crashes into my kid and kills her, there will be no safe place on earth for you. I'm no bad-ass, but as much as I know my daughter would want me to move on or whatever, there is only one kind of justice that would let me live with myself.
I said I don't smoke dope, but I've smoked my share in younger days. Unless it was some Mississippi dirt weed, the good dope I've smoked left me in no condition to drive, slowly or otherwise.
And yes, I CAN argue which causes a 'greater' degree of impairment. Impaired is impaired...you've clearly never had a front row seat to a fatal crash that involved drugs or alcohol.
I know...many folks will think I'm a douche for what I just wrote. I'm perfectly okay with that.

 

As for what LovinItAll has to say I couldn't agree with you more I don't have a problem if you smoke it or do whatever recreational street drugs you want but for the love of god do not drive impaired under any substance.  If you want marijuana to be legalized like alcohol then treat it like alcohol do not drive high ever. 

Thank you for saying this, and you are by no means a douche.

post #270 of 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeOne View Post

Technically smoking it does make you a criminal..it is an illegal drug. b2_tongue.gif(<<<somewhat sarcastic BTW)

 

I really don't care if people smoke it.  I just don't like to be around it.  I carry a professional license that could be revoked if I were to get nailed for something like drug usage or possession, because of that I just don't want to take my chance.  I smoked a little back in college, but never really got into it.  I personally don't see it as being much worse than alcohol, but the bottom line for me is that it is ILLEGAL, so I personally do not partake.  It would be a different story for me if it was legal I imagine.


I don't smoke around those who don't.

 

I read in another post that you are a land surveyor. If the Land Surveyors I know were to stop smoking there would be a noticeable drop in the demand! I suppose rules are a little more liberal up north or the 49th. I guess it is all where you are. Around these parts it isn't treated much differently than having a beer. You wouldn't just open and drink a beer just anywhere but in an appropriate and time, No different that pot.

 

Bottom line with me is it my choice what I put in my body whether it be alcohol, Tobacco or even meat.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › How often do you encounter people who smoke a joint during a round?