or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread - Page 9

post #145 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholmes View Post

Glover Texiera is fighting Rampage I think.  If he gets past him he will be in the mix. 

I've read this too but I don't think it's going to happen since neither has anything to gain from that fight. If Texiera some how loses he falls to almost no return and Rampage wants Shogun since this will probably be his last fight in the UFC. I think Texiera has a bright a future but he would be better off fighting a real top 10 fighter or have him fight Gus to see who is next up. 

 

I don't think Bader is a joke but he would have the same problem every other fighter has with JBJ. Trying to get past JBJ's length and out wrestling him if he can get it to the ground so yeah he wouldn't have much of a chance. The sad part is I actually see Bader beating Machida...

post #146 of 247
Thread Starter 

Hoje tem porrada!!

 

Who's gona be watching?!

post #147 of 247

 Not me, UFC is going to have to give me a few free ones before I cough up $55 for a pay per view that features stand ins for many of the fights.  I realize injuries happen, but when a card gets changed significantly from the original I expect to pay less - Dana needs to learn this. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapanda View Post

Hoje tem porrada!!

 

Who's gona be watching?!

post #148 of 247
Thread Starter 

Interwebz! Free fights!

post #149 of 247
Thread Starter 

Matt Riddle with the first win... impressive submission IMO!

post #150 of 247
Thread Starter 

And he just won a new fan!

post #151 of 247
Thread Starter 

shitty card so far...

post #152 of 247
Thread Starter 

Pretty sure I've witnessed the worst fight in the UFC this year - Lombard v Boesch

post #153 of 247
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

 Not me, UFC is going to have to give me a few free ones before I cough up $55 for a pay per view that features stand ins for many of the fights.  I realize injuries happen, but when a card gets changed significantly from the original I expect to pay less - Dana needs to learn this. 

 

You did not miss anything...

post #154 of 247

That whole card was garbage outside of Riddle's submission...

Lombard managed to do nothing and let Boetch push the fight so Boetch got the win which pretty much means Weidman probably will be next up for Silva. 

I'm not sure what is going on with Faber anymore he used to be so much more aggressive and now it's like he tries so hard to avoid exchanges.

post #155 of 247
Quote:

That whole card was garbage outside of Riddle's submission...

Lombard managed to do nothing and let Boetch push the fight so Boetch got the win which pretty much means Weidman probably will be next up for Silva. 

I'm not sure what is going on with Faber anymore he used to be so much more aggressive and now it's like he tries so hard to avoid exchanges.

 

I see Weidman fighting Boetch.  If Bisping beats Stann he will get next shot imo. 

 

That card was terrible and I really feel for Urijah.  His wrestling used to look so much better and now his takedowns are not explosive.  I wonder if he trains his wrestling like he should.  He will never be able to outstrike these counter punching Brazilians!

post #156 of 247

Faber either has to evolve on be content with top 5 and not title.  He is still a threat to other fighters but he's going to have to change it up to see a title shot again

 

Lombard was hyped too much just like I figured.  All of these guys get hyped up as top fighter but they aren't fighting top guys.  That's why they get to the UFC and suddenly become average.  The only two I could see making the switch with success is Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Milendez.  Those guys are pretty legit from what I've read.  But then again....they aren't fighting the top UFC guys.

post #157 of 247

I don't disagree with your comments on Faber but he did have his rib broken in the first round so that may have forced him to change up his game plan. 

 

I was glad to see Dana acknowledge that the PPV portion of the card was horrible.  I hope next time a card is decimated by injuries he at least considers dropping the price on the PPV or he's going to see his overall PPV numbers drop significantly.  I don't see any cards coming up that I'm willing to pay $55 for, and prior to last year I hadn't missed one for five years. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN94z View Post

Faber either has to evolve on be content with top 5 and not title.  He is still a threat to other fighters but he's going to have to change it up to see a title shot again

 

Lombard was hyped too much just like I figured.  All of these guys get hyped up as top fighter but they aren't fighting top guys.  That's why they get to the UFC and suddenly become average.  The only two I could see making the switch with success is Eddie Alvarez and Gilbert Milendez.  Those guys are pretty legit from what I've read.  But then again....they aren't fighting the top UFC guys.

post #158 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I don't disagree with your comments on Faber but he did have his rib broken in the first round so that may have forced him to change up his game plan. 

 

I was glad to see Dana acknowledge that the PPV portion of the card was horrible.  I hope next time a card is decimated by injuries he at least considers dropping the price on the PPV or he's going to see his overall PPV numbers drop significantly.  I don't see any cards coming up that I'm willing to pay $55 for, and prior to last year I hadn't missed one for five years. 

 

It had zero to do with a broken rib even early in the fight he made some poor take down attempts and avoided exchanges. I agree about paying $55 for some of these ppv's but I did find a bar that doesn't charge a cover and shows the fight so I can watch it for around $20 of food/drinks.

post #159 of 247

Any Buffalo Wild Wings shows the fights.  They are very easy to watch for free.  I'm the same. I used to buy them all but rarely buy one now.  The problem is that they have too many now.  You only have so many matchups that have the potential to be great.  With so many PPVs, they have to fill spots and most of the time, the under card ends up better than the main card.  I personally think they need to cut the PPVs by half.  Especially since they do the free fights on Fuel and what not.  They are just flooding it with fights and it's going to backfire by getting the viewers tired of hearing about it. 

 

 

I didn't watch Faber fight or even read about this fight, so I didn't know about the rib.  My comments are coming from Faber's last few appearances.  If he indeed had a broken rib, then that 100% affects a fight and if he went the distance with that injury, then that's a man amongst boys.  Rib injuries are no joke.  With that being said, I saw Barao winning anyway.

post #160 of 247
Thread Starter 

This card def was not worth getting out of the house for. Hell, it wasn't worth paying attention to at all - except Riddle's fight.

 

So, lesson learned for me. If it's not a particularly interesting main event, I'll wait till the fights get put on some tube site.

post #161 of 247

damn, i fell asleep watching 149 and just woke up!

 

i read belcher is fighting belfort at 153.  belcher's sub defense vs palhares was second to now.  that should be a decent fight.  

 

looks like silva and his team are going to take their time waiting for his next opponent: http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/7/27/3193629/with-interest-in-superfight-only-expect-lengthy-wait-for-next

post #162 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous 273 View Post

damn, i fell asleep watching 149 and just woke up!

 

i read belcher is fighting belfort at 153.  belcher's sub defense vs palhares was second to now.  that should be a decent fight.  

 

looks like silva and his team are going to take their time waiting for his next opponent: http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/7/27/3193629/with-interest-in-superfight-only-expect-lengthy-wait-for-next

It was nice of Silva to target the smaller guy who is just coming off knee surgery considering he's already fought at 205 with success why not challenge JBJ.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread