or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread - Page 10

post #163 of 247
Nick Diaz is mounting his comeback. He's asking for Anderson at 170 or 185... He don't care
post #164 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN94z View Post

Nick Diaz is mounting his comeback. He's asking for Anderson at 170 or 185... He don't care

Diaz isn't even the top contender in his weight class so if he wants Silva he will probably have 2 fights before he gets the chance. I'd say the odds of this fight happening are slim to none. The only slim chance this fight has is the fact that Silva now seems to be looking for big pay and this fight would deliver a big pay day. Don't get me wrong I would love to see this fight but I the combination of Diaz angering Dana and the suspension just make it very difficult.

post #165 of 247

diaz is a beast.  silva would be a great match up for him.  nick has always had issues with wrestlers, and silva poses no threat to take him down whatsoever imho.  that would be a stand up war, and i don't see silva doing the greg jackson back-peddle shuffle for 5 rounds.  i'd give the bjj edge to nick, and the striking edge to silva.  make it happen joe silva (in a perfect world).

 

btw, is dana trolling about the winner of vera vs shogun getting a title shot?  i almost spit our my coffee when i read that.

post #166 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubchamp View Post

It was nice of Silva to target the smaller guy who is just coming off knee surgery considering he's already fought at 205 with success why not challenge JBJ.

 

i'd love to see him fight jbj, but i think the gsp fight would be more likely.  imho, soares is done letting silva fight bigger wrestlers, and is content picking and choosing his final 2 or 3 fights before he retires.

post #167 of 247
Both Silva and JBJ have stated they won't fight each other. That fight is not even on the radar. Diaz and Anderson would be a money making fight and that's all the UFC cares about. Not to mention I think Diaz gives Anderson more trouble than most in MW.

I mean come on, Shogun and Vera is for a title shot!! Diaz deserves a shot at Anderson MUCH more than Vera deserves a shot at JBJ (if he were to win).
post #168 of 247

I'm not sure how this works, as Diaz was suspended for illegal substance use and I believe retired from the UFC.  He'd have to get his license back and I'm not sure if they'd consider his retirement as time served.  Dana could set this fight up in Brazil, but Diaz wouldn't be able to defend the title if he won in the states until he got his license back in Nevada. 

 

Silva / Diaz would be a good fight, both are strikers with good BJJ. 

 

Dana is running out of options to fight JBJ, his reach makes him a very tough matchup for most guys in that weight class which is why I'm thinking Vera is in the discussion. 

post #169 of 247

Ok so set up Evans Vs Diaz for the #1 contender either one brings in a ton of money and they both get a tough tune up fight at 185. I just don't see Dana letting Diaz come back and fight Silva immediately I think he will have to prove himself at least in one fight.

post #170 of 247
Not sure on the suspension but Diaz has a license for the "illegal substance" so I'm sure that where it will go.

Rashad just doesn't bring in the dough like most. I don't how it would go. It would be set up as a super fight Im assuming, so no warm up fights would be needed. Who knows?? With Weidman, Bisping, Belcher, etc...out there with legit chances (well maybe not Bisping), I doubt Diaz gets first crack at him either. I myself like Belcher and I think he's going to wreck Belfort. And I have Belcher being the biggest threat to Anderson at the moment, then Weidman
post #171 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN94z View Post

Not sure on the suspension but Diaz has a license for the "illegal substance" so I'm sure that where it will go.
Rashad just doesn't bring in the dough like most. I don't how it would go. It would be set up as a super fight Im assuming, so no warm up fights would be needed. Who knows?? With Weidman, Bisping, Belcher, etc...out there with legit chances (well maybe not Bisping), I doubt Diaz gets first crack at him either. I myself like Belcher and I think he's going to wreck Belfort. And I have Belcher being the biggest threat to Anderson at the moment, then Weidman

Diaz does have a license but it's still not a legal substance with NSAC and he didn't apply for a medical exemption. I'm guessing since it's his second time they aren't going to reinstate him any earlier then 9 months.

 

I like Belcher and Weidman a lot but I don't think Silva has any intentions on fighting either one because Soares made it pretty clear that Silva is looking for big pay days. The only chance I give Diaz of coming off suspension to fight Silva is he might be the only guy Silva will fight. Infamous might be right about Silva not fighting anymore wrestlers so Diaz might interest Silva more than say Evans. I don't see GSP jumping to take a Silva fight since he has Condit coming up and he has repeatedly said he would be open to fighting Silva if he had time to put on weight properly.

post #172 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubchamp View Post

Diaz does have a license but it's still not a legal substance with NSAC and he didn't apply for a medical exemption. I'm guessing since it's his second time they aren't going to reinstate him any earlier then 9 months.

 

I like Belcher and Weidman a lot but I don't think Silva has any intentions on fighting either one because Soares made it pretty clear that Silva is looking for big pay days. The only chance I give Diaz of coming off suspension to fight Silva is he might be the only guy Silva will fight. Infamous might be right about Silva not fighting anymore wrestlers so Diaz might interest Silva more than say Evans. I don't see GSP jumping to take a Silva fight since he has Condit coming up and he has repeatedly said he would be open to fighting Silva if he had time to put on weight properly.

 

Oh I agree, but that will be a primary rebuttal in the case.  Not to mention that Nevada isn't the only place they fight....I'm not sure.  I'm just stating what is happening right now.  He will be up for getting his license back in Feb.2013.  Once you factor in the fight logistics, both fighters agreeing to sign,  and 16 week fight camps.....it will be pushing right around the time he can come back legitimately anyway.  Add that on top of the fact that the majority of people I have read and talked to were thinking he won the Condit fight and got screwed on the decision....this fight could be the biggest pay day Anderson would receive next to GSP....the only difference is he would have to wait a year or longer on GSP to add the proper weight that he wants to add.

 

It will all come down to Diaz's lawyers.  Diaz can make the case well enough to get Anderson interested....and the UFC.

 

 

Evans has said that he would realistically need to fight someone at 185 before Anderson as to not leap frog right into a title shot after losing to JBJ.  He also said that he feels great at his current weight and doesn't know if he would want to make 185 or not. So who knows.....money talks and that's the bottom line I guess

 

Yeah, GSP will face Condit just because he knows Condit has been waiting on him and he wouldn't disrespect the fighter like that.  And (I am a HUGE GSP fan now) I think GSP doesn't like chancing a loss so much now, that he would avoid the Anderson fight at all costs.  He just hasn't been the same fighter since the Serra KO.

post #173 of 247

Last I read, Bisping gets a shot at Silva if he wins his fight with Stann, though not sure Silva has agreed to it.  Diaz could be licensed outside of Nevada, but he's not likely to be licensed in the United States until his suspension is over with Nevada (they tend to uphold other states suspensions).  He could fight in Canada or Brazil before that, which would allow Silva to fight at home and then Diaz's suspension would be over in time for his next fight. 

 

Evans would need at least 1 fight before he got Silva at that weight.  He was dominated by JBJ for five rounds so not seeing Silva or Dana being too excited about giving him  a title shot at 185 right away. 

post #174 of 247

I'm really hoping Stann knocks out Bisping so he does not get the title shot.

Seeing Anderson knock out Bisping would be enjoyable as well.  The superfights will never happen Silva wont go up to fight JBJ and GSP wont move up to fight Silva.  It sucks but thats the way it is and I really just dismiss any talk of a superfight from now on.

post #175 of 247

I wish Ed Soares would just stop talking since he was saying it's not fair for Silva to go up in weight and fight JBJ. Yet he is ok with the smaller GSP or Diaz coming up a weight class to fight Silva than Weidman was brought up and he rolled his eyes. I feel like it just makes Silva look bad like no in this division is good enough, Silva isn't man enough to go up, and I will take a smaller guy who gets me a huge pay day. Granted at the end of the day Soares can say whatever he wants but Dana makes the decisions and writes the checks.

post #176 of 247

I'm not a fan of Silva's but I hate Soares.  He has been caught numerous times mis-translating what Silva says during interviews to coincide with the message he wants presented versus what Silva really said.  He's a mix between Bob Arum and Don King, two other people I can't stand.  Silva will ultimately fight who Dana wants or he won't get a paycheck, that's the reality.  Dana tries to make fights win win but ultimately it's got to be a fight the fans will pay for not what Soares or Silva want. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubchamp View Post

I wish Ed Soares would just stop talking since he was saying it's not fair for Silva to go up in weight and fight JBJ. Yet he is ok with the smaller GSP or Diaz coming up a weight class to fight Silva than Weidman was brought up and he rolled his eyes. I feel like it just makes Silva look bad like no in this division is good enough, Silva isn't man enough to go up, and I will take a smaller guy who gets me a huge pay day. Granted at the end of the day Soares can say whatever he wants but Dana makes the decisions and writes the checks.

post #177 of 247
Ed Soares is a complete tool and makes Anderson look stupid most of the time. If he wasn't around, Anderson would have more fans
post #178 of 247
Thread Starter 

UFC on Fox 4. Who's watching?

 

Joe Lozan just got an awesome triangle choke in!

post #179 of 247
Thread Starter 

Machida put Bader to sleep impressively... man! This is good shit!

 

Bader wasn't in Machida's class, Machida controlled the fight for the whole 6 and 1/2 minutes that it lasted.

post #180 of 247
Thread Starter 

Props to Vera. He was able to push Rua, though never really in control. He may have taken round 3 though.

 

Rua only has two speeds it seems: feed or get fed. He doesn't know how to not take hits. Not so sure he has what it takes to challenge Jones though.

 

Oh, and Rua won by TKO round 4

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › The UFC/MMA/Etc. Thread