Playing alone is boring for me. If I have nobody to golf with me I try to get one of the kids or my woman to ride with me so I have someone to talk to and say "woo, look at that shot I just made!" haha
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
For my review I tested the Ping Glide 54* SS (Standard Sole) and 58* WS (Wide Sole) Looks I have always preferred a non-glare finish on my wedges. The Glides satin finish and traditional...
I have always enjoyed walking. Always feel much more connected to the round, feel like i can learn the course better etc. However, of late some lower back nerve problems have really slowed me down....
The Garmin G3 is a basic, but very solid GPS unit. This is a model that came out a few years ago and it certainly doesn't have some of the advanced features that its successors have added. But what...
I was very excited to get a chance to review the Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoe. When I first checked them out on the Adidas website, I was intrigued by the Boost energy capsules, and I was...
Back in summer 2013, a Bridgestone ballfitting team visited my home course, Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The pair offered us a chance to test our current ball vs. Bridgestone products, and...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 9
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (468)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
When I play alone, I find that I am great company. No one cheers my good shots like I do. :)
It can be. I always fear I'm gonna hole out a par 3 or some long iron shot when I'm alone.
But typically I go, hit a few balls, practice sand shots, touch shots, etc., when I'm alone.
Haha, I'm the same. I'll congratulate myself when I hit a good shot while playing alone. If I'm with a group I don't because I fear coming across as gloating.
Same for me!
Playing with other people can be more fun, but the quality of my game is not the same.
I also shoot sporting clays and my scores are best when I don't talk to anyone during the whole tournament. I just concentrate on what I'm doing.
I play by myself a lot. Just a few holes, sometimes all 18. I agree with everyone that I drop an extra ball here and there to work on a shot. I also do it to take different angles on tee shots and approach shots. Sometimes I put the driver away and play long irons and sometimes I will use only driver on the tee. I think it is great for game development. One thing that has really helped me when playing in a group is to have worked on different spots on the course by myself. Say I am embarrassed by hitting in the trees and then hitting a tree ending up out but behind my prior shot -- usually an 8 scenario for me. Playing alone it didn't matter so I just played it out to a bogey, gave me confidence to take the shot in the trees in my next round with the guys. I find playing alone builds confidence more than hitting some good shots in a group.
I play by myself two or three times a week and with others usually once. The key difference for me is that when I play with other people all of my shots seem to have a lot more meaning. On saturday I played in a group of four and had a couple really crazy shots that I still can remember like I just hit them because me and my friends laughed and talked about it for the rest of the day. I hit the same amount of good shots by myself but they feel so much less significant, especially when I play two or three more balls off the tee for practice.
Another thing is that playing in a group is the only way to prove your skills to other people. Before this summer I used to only play once or twice a year and was pretty awful, so my friends didn't believe that I had broken 80 until I played with them and shut them up.
Playing by yourself definitely shouldn't feel uncomfortable or weird though. Just go during off-peak times and you probably won't even have to get paired with someone else. Use the time to hit two or three balls and get some good practice in on things you struggle with.
Same person that knows that you didn't cheat during a round with friends.
I holed out once from about 70 yards. Still remember it to this day, and always will. It was what I consider my best shot ever, and probably will be until I get a hole-in-one. I wasn't playing alone, but I might as well have been because the guys I was playing with were strangers I'd met on the 1st tee and I'll never see them again to have them corroborate my story. Does it diminish the event? Not in my mind. I'm proud of things I do NOT because people praise me for doing them, but because of the feelings of accomplishment I gave myself.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › What do Y'all Think of Stephanie Wei? 6 minutes ago
- › Is spin overrated? 6 minutes ago
- › Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce 10 minutes ago
- › Arnold Palmer Commercial 12 minutes ago
- › Water Shortage in California to Affect Golfers? 17 minutes ago
- › Hockey player turned golfer 22 minutes ago
- › Better chance to.. 34 minutes ago
- › UK Cheap Kitchens 37 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 38 minutes ago
- › hi there 38 minutes ago
- › PING Glide Wedges by SavvySwede
- › Clicgear Model 3.5+ Push Cart by oregongolfguy
- › Garmin Approach G3 Golf GPS by dkolo
- › Adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes by k-troop
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e6 Golf Balls by WUTiger
- › 2015 Bridgestone Golf e5 Golf Ball by Roblar
- › Lynx Predator Full Set by Tgb02
- › Lowest Score Wins (Barzeski/Wedzik) by mmoan2
- › Mizuno MP FLI-HI Iron Hybrid by boogielicious
- › Odyssey Backstryke 2Ball Putter by dkolo
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes