My weekday 9 hole round I play alone, usually 2-3 times a week. Weekends I just send a mass text out to the golfer guys I know and usually get a few replies back yes or no. Generally it's me and one other. I'll call in a tee time for two no matter if I have a partner or not though. Someone ALWAYS calls the morning of "hey I gotta out of doing xxxxxx for the day, still playing?"
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
I purchased Clear Shield along with some Club Armor off of amazon for use in my fairway woods and driver. You can see my review on Club Armor here. The Clear Shield pack comes with 10 pre cut vinyl...
I had decided over the winter months to work hard on my swing to get a positive angle of attack with the driver. This required me to practice with the ball teed up much higher and further up in my...
I’ve played over 10 rounds with these grips and I can’t say enough how much like these grips. It fits perfect in my hand, has a great feel and the reduced tapered end makes it easy to maintain...
Overall the Talon is a great glove. When looking for a great glove, it’s all about the fit to the hand, the feel and grip on the club and lastly comfort. The Talon glove had two of the three...
I picked up this book after it was posting for discussion in the Reading Room section of The Sand Trap. James Sieckmann is a former PGA Pro who turned to coaching. His methods were developed...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 2
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (468)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Unfortunately, I dont play solo often enough anymore. I have a saturday round with with my kid from the BBBS program, my wife, and her kid from the program. Sunday I have a regular foursome, monday morning I play with the club pro, and tuesday night is league play. If im lucky, ill get 9 in alone on wednesday night. Thursday night the wife and I always do something together, and I keep friday nights free in case she wants to do something or hang out. We are both extremely active people, with a lot going on, and a lot of friends. Thankfully we found a balance. Its a good thing we decided against having kids, because our whole lives would have to change, and neither of us wants that.
If you are sociable at all, going out alone is fine and by hole 5 you dont feel alone at all. I always seem to meet nice interesting people and be curtious and they will do the same.
If I never played alone I might get one maybe 2 rounds a week. I almost prefer golfing alone. You can move faster and dont have to worry about anyone else. More people just makes for more hassle.
I golf as a single most of the time and usually get paired up by the starter. I have had extremely good luck in that most people I've been paired with gave been very nice. I did get paired with one obscenity-spouting club-thrower, that wasn't the most fun 4.5 hours I've ever spent... but that was the exception not the rule.
Very rarely get the course to myself but I love it when I do, especially late afternoon/evening. You can just stop, look around, and hear nothing but birds, the breeze, etc. It's peaceful.
My wife is my main golfing buddy - same comment applies to our golfing. Although, if she's working late, I often play alone - makes me somehow focus more on what I'm doing & is typically more productive.
While wearing my cargo shorts and smoking a joint (just kidding about that last part). Still can't believe that cargo shorts are an issue for some people.
I play 9 (sometimes 18 this time of year) by myself at least twice a week. Once in a blue moon, I'll get someone to go in the afternoon during the week, but they usually want to get a cart. So, I usually opt to play by myself. It's a pain sometimes getting stuck behind people, but I play there enough that they don't care if I skip around.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Nothing wrong with it, but I don't enjoy playing alone. First choice is playing with friends, second is playing with strangers, a distant third is playing alone. Most of the time I'll blow it off rather than playing alone.
I think cargo shorts are hideous, regardless of where you are. If you care about the way you look in public, you should not even own a pair of cargo shorts.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › Kudos to Golfsmith for Excellent Customer Service 11 minutes ago
- › You/he/she is a true golfer because .... 12 minutes ago
- › Tips for the (very) high handicap golfer 17 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Golflug) 23 minutes ago
- › Helpful Chipping Instrucion 36 minutes ago
- › Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100 47 minutes ago
- › "Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › It's on!!! Mayweather vs. Pacquiao 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Ping i5 irons 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Intellectual Property - IP 6 hours ago
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › Your Short Game Solution: Mastering the Finesse Game from 120 Yards... by boogielicious
- › Cleveland Classic Putter by Elmer
- › Nike Sport II Cart Bag by Elmer
- › Ogio Grom Stand Bag by Elmer
- › Nike Mnes NG Perforated Reversible Belt by Elmer
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by meenman
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest