My weekday 9 hole round I play alone, usually 2-3 times a week. Weekends I just send a mass text out to the golfer guys I know and usually get a few replies back yes or no. Generally it's me and one other. I'll call in a tee time for two no matter if I have a partner or not though. Someone ALWAYS calls the morning of "hey I gotta out of doing xxxxxx for the day, still playing?"
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 7/18/15 at 8:41pm in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
This course was worth the hour long drive. Clean cut fairways. The starter got us going with advice on the first few holes! This was a better course than I deserved to be able to play. Worth it,...
This was a nice course. We started playing in the dark and they gave us complementary glow balls. The layout was very nice, and there are two challenging holes on the front 9 near water. One hole...
This is a really nice course. I really enjoyed playing in the professionally maintained course. The greens were difficult to hold if you are not a decent golfer. I played twilight because the...
This is a great course and is the home of may First Tee league and team events for some local high schools. The practice facility is all grass, and if you need to hone your irons this is the place...
If you are going there for a fun and short weekend round, you can usually finish up on 2 hours or less depending upon how many golfers are playing. My kids and I used to play this course once a...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 2
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (507)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Unfortunately, I dont play solo often enough anymore. I have a saturday round with with my kid from the BBBS program, my wife, and her kid from the program. Sunday I have a regular foursome, monday morning I play with the club pro, and tuesday night is league play. If im lucky, ill get 9 in alone on wednesday night. Thursday night the wife and I always do something together, and I keep friday nights free in case she wants to do something or hang out. We are both extremely active people, with a lot going on, and a lot of friends. Thankfully we found a balance. Its a good thing we decided against having kids, because our whole lives would have to change, and neither of us wants that.
If you are sociable at all, going out alone is fine and by hole 5 you dont feel alone at all. I always seem to meet nice interesting people and be curtious and they will do the same.
If I never played alone I might get one maybe 2 rounds a week. I almost prefer golfing alone. You can move faster and dont have to worry about anyone else. More people just makes for more hassle.
I golf as a single most of the time and usually get paired up by the starter. I have had extremely good luck in that most people I've been paired with gave been very nice. I did get paired with one obscenity-spouting club-thrower, that wasn't the most fun 4.5 hours I've ever spent... but that was the exception not the rule.
Very rarely get the course to myself but I love it when I do, especially late afternoon/evening. You can just stop, look around, and hear nothing but birds, the breeze, etc. It's peaceful.
My wife is my main golfing buddy - same comment applies to our golfing. Although, if she's working late, I often play alone - makes me somehow focus more on what I'm doing & is typically more productive.
While wearing my cargo shorts and smoking a joint (just kidding about that last part). Still can't believe that cargo shorts are an issue for some people.
I play 9 (sometimes 18 this time of year) by myself at least twice a week. Once in a blue moon, I'll get someone to go in the afternoon during the week, but they usually want to get a cart. So, I usually opt to play by myself. It's a pain sometimes getting stuck behind people, but I play there enough that they don't care if I skip around.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Nothing wrong with it, but I don't enjoy playing alone. First choice is playing with friends, second is playing with strangers, a distant third is playing alone. Most of the time I'll blow it off rather than playing alone.
I think cargo shorts are hideous, regardless of where you are. If you care about the way you look in public, you should not even own a pair of cargo shorts.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › Dashcam catches off duty police officer out of control! 33 seconds ago
- › Got Woods? 2 minutes ago
- › The 2015 Newport Cup 10 minutes ago
- › Low punch cut 10 minutes ago
- › Swampy Woods - Hazard or Lost Ball? 19 minutes ago
- › What would Tiger Woods need to do to become #1 Greatest Golfer? 21 minutes ago
- › Going to Orlando 22 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Lihu) 25 minutes ago
- › Serial *pooper* in Norway 27 minutes ago
- › Describe Your Divots (or Divot Holes) 27 minutes ago
- › Crumpin Fox Country Club by Elmer
- › Rancho San Joaquin by Lihu
- › Angeles National by Lihu
- › Altadena Golf Course by Lihu
- › Eaton Canyon Golf Course by Lihu
- › George Wright Golf Course by Lihu
- › The Vault Golf Travel Bag by Abu3baid
- › ECCO Mens Golf Street Shoes - Birch/Black/Pure-Green by Abu3baid
- › Stable Stick by Shindig
- › Loudmouth Golf, Blueberry Pie Pants by Golfingdad
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes