My weekday 9 hole round I play alone, usually 2-3 times a week. Weekends I just send a mass text out to the golfer guys I know and usually get a few replies back yes or no. Generally it's me and one other. I'll call in a tee time for two no matter if I have a partner or not though. Someone ALWAYS calls the morning of "hey I gotta out of doing xxxxxx for the day, still playing?"
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 7/4/12 at 12:20pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
My wife surprised me with this Tour V3 rangefinder with Patriot pack for Christmas this year. It is so easy to use that the manual is very small and rally only needed to determine how to put the...
The fairways are mostly generous and unless one really is wild, it is hard to lose a golf ball. The rough can be a bit over the top at times so straight trumps long & wrong. Be ready for some fun...
Initial Comments When I traveled to a local Golfsmith to test drivers (I try to do this once a year or so just to see if there have been any significant improvements), I honestly didn't expect to...
Here in the Seattle area if you are going to golf in the fall, winter, or spring, you are going to be getting wet and walking through very wet grass, mud and maybe even standing water. After...
When you spend $24 for a pair of underwear, you expect a few things. Comfort Durability Feels the same use after use. Mack Weldon makes these claims for their Boxer Brief, but misses...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 2
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (462)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Unfortunately, I dont play solo often enough anymore. I have a saturday round with with my kid from the BBBS program, my wife, and her kid from the program. Sunday I have a regular foursome, monday morning I play with the club pro, and tuesday night is league play. If im lucky, ill get 9 in alone on wednesday night. Thursday night the wife and I always do something together, and I keep friday nights free in case she wants to do something or hang out. We are both extremely active people, with a lot going on, and a lot of friends. Thankfully we found a balance. Its a good thing we decided against having kids, because our whole lives would have to change, and neither of us wants that.
If you are sociable at all, going out alone is fine and by hole 5 you dont feel alone at all. I always seem to meet nice interesting people and be curtious and they will do the same.
If I never played alone I might get one maybe 2 rounds a week. I almost prefer golfing alone. You can move faster and dont have to worry about anyone else. More people just makes for more hassle.
I golf as a single most of the time and usually get paired up by the starter. I have had extremely good luck in that most people I've been paired with gave been very nice. I did get paired with one obscenity-spouting club-thrower, that wasn't the most fun 4.5 hours I've ever spent... but that was the exception not the rule.
Very rarely get the course to myself but I love it when I do, especially late afternoon/evening. You can just stop, look around, and hear nothing but birds, the breeze, etc. It's peaceful.
My wife is my main golfing buddy - same comment applies to our golfing. Although, if she's working late, I often play alone - makes me somehow focus more on what I'm doing & is typically more productive.
While wearing my cargo shorts and smoking a joint (just kidding about that last part). Still can't believe that cargo shorts are an issue for some people.
I play 9 (sometimes 18 this time of year) by myself at least twice a week. Once in a blue moon, I'll get someone to go in the afternoon during the week, but they usually want to get a cart. So, I usually opt to play by myself. It's a pain sometimes getting stuck behind people, but I play there enough that they don't care if I skip around.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Nothing wrong with it, but I don't enjoy playing alone. First choice is playing with friends, second is playing with strangers, a distant third is playing alone. Most of the time I'll blow it off rather than playing alone.
I think cargo shorts are hideous, regardless of where you are. If you care about the way you look in public, you should not even own a pair of cargo shorts.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › Golf with an eyepatch 10 minutes ago
- › My Swing (DrvFrShow) 17 minutes ago
- › Shorty wants to thank you 53 minutes ago
- › Inaccessible clubhead speed 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Do you guys think these clubs are a good deal? 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Hi From Indonesia 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Strength and Depth of Field in Jack's Day and Tiger's Day 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › How do you keep your stamina for 18 holes? 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › My Swing (golfrocks) 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › My Swing (Torres9) 4 hours ago
- › Bushnell Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder by drifterdon
- › University of Michigan Golf Course by bkuehn1952
- › PING G30 Driver by Pretzel
- › Oregon Mudders Winter Golf Boots CM700 - Mens by drifterdon
- › Mack Weldon Men's Boxer Brief Underwear by boogielicious
- › CaddyTek One-click Folding 4-wheel Golf Push Cart, CaddyCruiser... by dkolo
- › Nike Men's Dri-Fit Performance Standard Fit Golf... by boogielicious
- › Bridgestone e6 by TOMM
- › Serola Sacroiliac Belt by Divot Master
- › FishFit Golf Fitness App by boogielicious
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest
- › Lamkin Facebook Sweepstakes