My weekday 9 hole round I play alone, usually 2-3 times a week. Weekends I just send a mass text out to the golfer guys I know and usually get a few replies back yes or no. Generally it's me and one other. I'll call in a tee time for two no matter if I have a partner or not though. Someone ALWAYS calls the morning of "hey I gotta out of doing xxxxxx for the day, still playing?"
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
Played here again last weekend. Just a great, rolling links course always in wonderful condition. If you ever get to south central PA, play this course.
*dozen came with my SkyTrak purchase. Played a full round with e6 today. Driving and iron shots were straighter then normal. Not as soft as some of the other premium balls. I'm testing about 5-6...
It's like having a Mercedes Benz that stalls at every stop light. Such beauty, all things wonderful....but that one annoying feature that drives you crazy. Ping makes great products. If you're...
I had been looking for a stress ball for a while. When I came across this product in the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone in relieving stress...
This ball is wonderful off the tee. Absolutely wonderful. I feel like the ball goes in between a V1 and a V1x, closer to the V1x off the tee. Distance doesn't really carry as much when using irons...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 2
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (489)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Unfortunately, I dont play solo often enough anymore. I have a saturday round with with my kid from the BBBS program, my wife, and her kid from the program. Sunday I have a regular foursome, monday morning I play with the club pro, and tuesday night is league play. If im lucky, ill get 9 in alone on wednesday night. Thursday night the wife and I always do something together, and I keep friday nights free in case she wants to do something or hang out. We are both extremely active people, with a lot going on, and a lot of friends. Thankfully we found a balance. Its a good thing we decided against having kids, because our whole lives would have to change, and neither of us wants that.
If you are sociable at all, going out alone is fine and by hole 5 you dont feel alone at all. I always seem to meet nice interesting people and be curtious and they will do the same.
If I never played alone I might get one maybe 2 rounds a week. I almost prefer golfing alone. You can move faster and dont have to worry about anyone else. More people just makes for more hassle.
I golf as a single most of the time and usually get paired up by the starter. I have had extremely good luck in that most people I've been paired with gave been very nice. I did get paired with one obscenity-spouting club-thrower, that wasn't the most fun 4.5 hours I've ever spent... but that was the exception not the rule.
Very rarely get the course to myself but I love it when I do, especially late afternoon/evening. You can just stop, look around, and hear nothing but birds, the breeze, etc. It's peaceful.
My wife is my main golfing buddy - same comment applies to our golfing. Although, if she's working late, I often play alone - makes me somehow focus more on what I'm doing & is typically more productive.
While wearing my cargo shorts and smoking a joint (just kidding about that last part). Still can't believe that cargo shorts are an issue for some people.
I play 9 (sometimes 18 this time of year) by myself at least twice a week. Once in a blue moon, I'll get someone to go in the afternoon during the week, but they usually want to get a cart. So, I usually opt to play by myself. It's a pain sometimes getting stuck behind people, but I play there enough that they don't care if I skip around.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Nothing wrong with it, but I don't enjoy playing alone. First choice is playing with friends, second is playing with strangers, a distant third is playing alone. Most of the time I'll blow it off rather than playing alone.
I think cargo shorts are hideous, regardless of where you are. If you care about the way you look in public, you should not even own a pair of cargo shorts.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › Are there too many rules in golf? 52 seconds ago
- › Anyone here play disc golf? 4 minutes ago
- › My Swing (mvmac) 4 minutes ago
- › Do you ever practice putting with a wedge (SW, GW or PW) off the... 6 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › Claim Chowder: Rory has another Decade (or has to change his swing) 11 minutes ago
- › My Experience Caddying in a Monday Qualifier 16 minutes ago
- › Best day to attend a practice round - for the US Open? 23 minutes ago
- › Classic/Old School Golf Pics Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Nike is Releasing Vapor Speed Driver with Tiger's Specs 45 minutes ago
- › Royal Manchester Golf Links by atb5079
- › Bridgestone e6 by mcat12
- › PING Hoofer by Vinsk
- › Iron Gloves GRIPP II GOLF HAND TRAINER by WatchOutLeft
- › Callaway Speed Regime 2 (SR2) Golf Balls by eric060600
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by newtogolf
- › Clear Shield by SavvySwede
- › Driver, Gloss - Pop-Up and Sky Mark Protection (2 Pack) by SavvySwede
- › Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips by jsgolfer
- › Talon Golf Glove by jsgolfer
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes
- › Nike Covert - The New 2013 Clubs
- › Lamkin Show Us Your Grips Contest