My weekday 9 hole round I play alone, usually 2-3 times a week. Weekends I just send a mass text out to the golfer guys I know and usually get a few replies back yes or no. Generally it's me and one other. I'll call in a tee time for two no matter if I have a partner or not though. Someone ALWAYS calls the morning of "hey I gotta out of doing xxxxxx for the day, still playing?"
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 2
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (495)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Unfortunately, I dont play solo often enough anymore. I have a saturday round with with my kid from the BBBS program, my wife, and her kid from the program. Sunday I have a regular foursome, monday morning I play with the club pro, and tuesday night is league play. If im lucky, ill get 9 in alone on wednesday night. Thursday night the wife and I always do something together, and I keep friday nights free in case she wants to do something or hang out. We are both extremely active people, with a lot going on, and a lot of friends. Thankfully we found a balance. Its a good thing we decided against having kids, because our whole lives would have to change, and neither of us wants that.
If you are sociable at all, going out alone is fine and by hole 5 you dont feel alone at all. I always seem to meet nice interesting people and be curtious and they will do the same.
If I never played alone I might get one maybe 2 rounds a week. I almost prefer golfing alone. You can move faster and dont have to worry about anyone else. More people just makes for more hassle.
I golf as a single most of the time and usually get paired up by the starter. I have had extremely good luck in that most people I've been paired with gave been very nice. I did get paired with one obscenity-spouting club-thrower, that wasn't the most fun 4.5 hours I've ever spent... but that was the exception not the rule.
Very rarely get the course to myself but I love it when I do, especially late afternoon/evening. You can just stop, look around, and hear nothing but birds, the breeze, etc. It's peaceful.
My wife is my main golfing buddy - same comment applies to our golfing. Although, if she's working late, I often play alone - makes me somehow focus more on what I'm doing & is typically more productive.
While wearing my cargo shorts and smoking a joint (just kidding about that last part). Still can't believe that cargo shorts are an issue for some people.
I play 9 (sometimes 18 this time of year) by myself at least twice a week. Once in a blue moon, I'll get someone to go in the afternoon during the week, but they usually want to get a cart. So, I usually opt to play by myself. It's a pain sometimes getting stuck behind people, but I play there enough that they don't care if I skip around.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Nothing wrong with it, but I don't enjoy playing alone. First choice is playing with friends, second is playing with strangers, a distant third is playing alone. Most of the time I'll blow it off rather than playing alone.
I think cargo shorts are hideous, regardless of where you are. If you care about the way you look in public, you should not even own a pair of cargo shorts.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
- › Problem Combining Cavity Back and Blade Wedges 5 minutes ago
- › Can't hit "ball first" on full swing 10 minutes ago
- › What Do You Do for a Living? 19 minutes ago
- › "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (July 2015) 20 minutes ago
- › My Swing (shalabe) 25 minutes ago
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alignment issue, ball goes right ! 43 minutes ago
- › Bubba Watson Bought a New Car 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Top 100 most popular golf instructors 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › I hate golf. Stomp, here, take my driver [video] 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes