I noticed that his responses are more shanks-a-million-esk.
- topicGolf Generaltagged by System, 6/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'll be a tour pro... Last post on 8/13/14 at 1:52am in Golf Talk
- Is anyone getting Dicks Sporting Goods coupons? Last post on 5/16/15 at 4:49pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Golfsmith Fitting vs. Golf Galaxy Fitting Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:13pm in Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
- Increased High Speed Camera Prices Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:35pm in Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc.
- Hinging Wrists and Putting? What is This Madness?? Last post on 5/23/13 at 10:48pm in Instruction and Playing Tips
So I was ordering some stuff online from Golfsmith and my order was a few dollars shy of qualifying for free shipping. Added a Snake Eyes leather glove to my order because it was cheap but still...
Bought this net from Walmart to make better use of my home practice time. The net was easy to assemble, disassemble, and stow away when not in use. The indoor stand was a bit flimsy and requires...
Yes, these are the grips that the most interesting golfer in the world uses on his clubs. While the Mechanic has aced a few holes with this grip in his hands, read on to see if these grips will fit...
For the last few years, I've worn the Next Belt, which is essentially identical to the Mission belt. Instead of the holes you find on a standard belt, the Mission belt uses a ratchet system. The...
Over the last few rounds I've been able to play the Snell My Tour golf ball, and at this point, I'd go so far as to say that it is my ball of choice. Even though I play right around a 9 handicap, I...
Playing 9 or 18 by yourself. - Page 11
Poll Results: Go golfing (9 or 18) by yourself?
98% (495)Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with doing that.
1% (7)It's a little lousy, wait until you get another or several before going to a course.
TheSandTrap.com Top Picks
Sean Miller and Shanks-a-million are the low handicap sarcastic reminders of human frailty. That is to say, they remind us all of our physical and mental limitations many times.
I think you'll get a kick out of reading all their posts )
Ha, no boat here. I'm a fan of the show, so I named myself "Slice of Life", which happens to be the name of Dexter's boat as well as my natural ball flight.
It's great to have a new player to The Greatest Game. As you will learn, as much as one might like the company and the competition, at its core Golf is you against the course. Learn to play ole man par, per Bobby Jones; and the rest will come.
btw, don't be shy. Many, many of us learned to play with pickup games when we were beginners. I have made many lifelong friends along the way. Ask the pro or starter, and you will be good to go. Always try to play with better players; learn the Rules, etiquette and pace of play; and get a true handicap, too. The beauty of golf is that it's that simple and even scratch and pros will play with you. That's been my experience anyway. i hope you get the "fever" and it never goes away.
The social aspect of golf is nice but not so important to me to put up with slow play, arrogance or snobbery, bad etiquette, immature behavior etc. etc.
If either one of my kids develops a solid interest in the game that number will likely go down considerably.
Like it either way. However on a bad day I prefer playing alone, usually end up with better scores. What I don't like is those ''runners'' who seem to be in so much hurry they run basically infront when you are hitting, totally messes my game when I feel the need to hurry up so I don't bury the ball in their ass. Else fine but it's 2 euros per ball and my budget is tight...
Im not the most classy guy out there, but respect others on the field enough to not make any sound when they are hitting, wish everyone did.
Thinking about it, in this part of the world as caddies are affordable and most of us have a regular on our home course. Normally high school age kids. If its quiet and no one is around, I normally play with my caddy to make a bit of a game of it. We are about the same handicap so its competitive and better than the drop three balls practice routine a solo round routinely ends up as for me,
I regularly go to one of my local courses by myself. If I get paired with others that's fine, but if I don't that's OK too. If I end up playing by myself I'll usually use the round to work on my game by hitting a second and sometimes a third ball on those clubs and shots I need work on. It is very peaceful being on the course with nobody in front of behind you.
Outstanding! Join the Club. Playing an unhurried 9 or 18 by yourself is THE best way to learn how to score, too. On course conditions and scoring situations are virtually (maybe totally) impossible to duplicate at even the very best practice facilities. btw, Many Pros often do this when they show up before a tournament, too, only they have a caddie.
As indicated in a couple of my other threads, I just got into the sport/game seriously only a few weeks ago. It seems like back then, everyone wanted to go golfing. After I get all my new clubs/bag/balls/etc everyone cannot make time for it. However, I still want to get better. I hit the range at least once per week. However, I want to actually go to a course. I mean, isn't that the point?
So, since I have no one who currently wants to golf, how "lame" is it to just go and play 9 or 18 by yourself? Does anyone routinely do that?
Playing alone is not even remotely lame. On-course conditions cannot be replicated on even the best, natural grass practice facilities.
Given a balanced 9 holes: 3x practice shots on 2 par 3's (1st and 2nd shots) = 6 shots; 3x practice shots on 5 par 4's (1st, 2nd and 3rd shots) = 9 shots; 3x practice shots on 2 par 5's (1st,2nd, 3rd and 4th shots) = 12 shots. That is 37 shots Add 3x 2x 9 practice putts per hole = 54. That is a practice round of at least 91 shots.
Playing alone in the early years is THE best way to learn how to score.
- Playing 9 or 18 by yourself.
- › Golf League Scoring - how does your league work? Thoughts on this... 4 minutes ago
- › What is really wrong with Tiger Woods? 5 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods Accused of Cheating With Amanda Dufner 6 minutes ago
- › How do you keep your stamina for 18 holes? 12 minutes ago
- › 2015 Greenbrier Classic Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › i have no interest in "teeing it forward" 17 minutes ago
- › My Swing (saevel25) 28 minutes ago
- › Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn Break Up 36 minutes ago
- › Forum Profile Handicap Indices.... 58 minutes ago
- › Food Thread 59 minutes ago
- › Snake Eyes Mens Leather Golf Glove by SavvySwede
- › Club Champ Multi-Sport Quik Net by SavvySwede
- › Lamkin Wrap-Tech Grip by Mr. Desmond
- › Mission Belt (Ratchet Belt) by tristanhilton85
- › Snell Golf My Tour Ball by tristanhilton85
- › Sun Mountain Reflex Cart by Valleygolfer
- › Snell Golf Get Sum by newtogolf
- › ProAm by Morkin
- › PING G30 Driver by Mac62
- › Winn Dri-Tac Dark Gray Oversize Grip (+1/8 in.) by Mac62
- › Win $1,000,000 Playing Fantasy Golf
- › Interested in personalized instruction?
- › You Can Win $1,000,000 During the Masters...
- › Helpful Instructional Threads and Links
- › Cobra Golf Bio Cell Series
- › Embedding Links to TST Resources - Tutorial
- › Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Series
- › Augusta National Course Prints from...
- › Cobra Golf AMP Cell Technology
- › TheSandTrap #onebucket Twitter Sweepstakes