or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › LURKERS! Read please!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LURKERS! Read please! - Page 5

post #73 of 114
Thread Starter 
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I thought this was you:


I will be nice...hate to have you upset and all b2_tongue.gif



 
 
It's all good. I'm impregnable. a3_biggrin.gif


If that means no kids for you, I suddenly feel the world is a safe place...:dance: Alright enough picking on you EJ. I don't want people to think I don't like you ;-)

 
post #74 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

 


 




If that means no kids for you, I suddenly feel the world is a safe place...c3_clap.gif Alright enough picking on you EJ. I don't want people to think I don't like you a2_wink.gif
 

I'm an acquired taste. a2_wink.gif
post #75 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCladWarrior View Post

I am new here and try to contribute when I feel I can. A lot of times the thread has multiple answers with my same answer. I don't want to be the 30th dude to say.... go to a fitter lol

that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count
post #76 of 114

as a new poster and a former lurker for longer than i care to admit (talking 1/3 of my entire lifetime) i shall say the reason i lurked in the shadows for so long was that a lot of the guys who post in here seem to have a way with words i dont. I couldn't say what it is but whenever i read what i've written it comes across rather bland. But i'll get there i guess

post #77 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count
What's to be gained by padding your post count? I know you need a minimum amount of posts to post in the Market Place but beyond that I don't think there's any other restraints are there?
post #78 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenman View Post

that is a position that i can respect, nothing worse than 5 guys giving the same answer to pad their post count
What's to be gained by padding your post count? I know you need a minimum amount of posts to post in the Market Place but beyond that I don't think there's any other restraints are there?

Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?
post #79 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?
I thought it just meant you had a big yap. d4_w00t.gif
post #80 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Everybody knows if you have more posts, you are way cooler. Who doesn't want to sit at the popular kids table during lunch?
I thought it just meant you had a big yap. d4_w00t.gif

Hmmm.. I never thought of that..

Maybe I should post less? But then how would anybody on this forum know how cool I am?
post #81 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post


Hmmm.. I never thought of that..

Maybe I should post less? But then how would anybody on this forum know how cool I am?

You're down with The Dragon Reborn, you are cool by definition!

post #82 of 114

I just enjoy reading anything related to golf. Especially this time of year as our season approaches!

 

It was about one year ago when I reading a few different golf forums (for entertainment) and this group was the most interesting, so I joined and blurt out every now & then.

post #83 of 114

I made 5 posts in the South Alabama golfing thread.....so there.  I only post about what I know about.  (not golf) ;-)

 

Let me think of a good thread.

post #84 of 114
I just think about my question or comment and then ask myself " What would the sandtrap say?"

"Your wrong."
"You won't be able to do that."
"You didn't do that."
"Your ignorant for thinking that."
"You'll understand once you have played for ......"

etc.

O, ok. Never mind I'll just read. lol
post #85 of 114

Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..?

 

 

Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!! 

post #86 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..?


Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!! 

I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.
post #87 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriHack View Post


I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

post #88 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriHack View Post


I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.


It's not too much of a problem.

 

All you have to do is:

 

Never, ever say how far you can hit a golf ball.

 

Never tell anybody how to swing a golf club.

 

Realize that there's a 99% chance you will never get anybody to change their mind about anything.

 

Realize the there's a 99% chance nobody is ever going to get you to change your mind about anything.

 

Expect tongue in cheek comments to be misinterpreted by 5% of the people.

 

Realize that hyperbole in jest will be taken seriously by 10% of the people.

post #89 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 


It's not too much of a problem.

 

All you have to do is:

 

Never, ever say how far you can hit a golf ball.

 

Never tell anybody how to swing a golf club.

 

Realize that there's a 99% chance you will never get anybody to change their mind about anything.

 

Realize the there's a 99% chance nobody is ever going to get you to change your mind about anything.

 

Expect tongue in cheek comments to be misinterpreted by 5% of the people.

 

Realize that hyperbole in jest will be taken seriously by 10% of the people.

 

Haha, i think this should be displayed at the top of every forum page! I think if everybody excepted these as fact then there would be a lot less agro. Not that there are that many arguments anyway

post #90 of 114
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriHack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

Just think of this, what if everyone just lurked, cuz they were afraid of sounding dumb, or someething. Just ask your question, or make a comment. Whats the worst that could happen..?


Some of the motorcycle roadrace forums I'm on, make the TST look like sunday school..Dive in.!!!! 

I guess my point was why ask when you know what your going to get. Seems like a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong I think that this could be a great place to post about goals and what you want to do with your game. But i don't see it like that. Rather I don't have the commitment to this site, or the time to invest myself into constantly defending my point of view to internet strangers. It might be your thing and I am not knocking you for it. I just don't enjoy it. Look at the operation scratch kid. I knew that was going to be a train wreck from the beginning. He has quit his own thread twice poor guy. I'm not saying this should be a site for hand holding. Just an observation of the current culture. Total opinion.

Well almost everything depends on how you word things. Some people say things in a manner to start arguments. If you really want a thread about your swings and goals, you would not get a rash for it. But if you ask for tips and don't use them but keep complaining about not improving then there's frustration. This is a opinion forum though and if you go through life not saying anything because you don't want to hear another side.... But I also say you don't have to argue with ignorance either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › LURKERS! Read please!