or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › PureStrike 5 Simple Keys DVDs - Now Available
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PureStrike 5 Simple Keys DVDs - Now Available - Page 6

post #91 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

I got the DVDs last week. I'm very happy with them.

 

My two cents: I've only been playing golf for 2 years and am obviously no expert at the swing. But I will say that what they teach is remarkably close to S&T, which I like.

 

I'm very glad you like them, and very glad that you enjoy them, but I'd disagree quite a bit with the "remarkably close" comment. I won't, however, bore everyone here with a detailed listing of why we know different things to be true, though.

 

Thanks. Hopefully we'll have a 5SK instructor near to you soon.

post #92 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I'm very glad you like them, and very glad that you enjoy them, but I'd disagree quite a bit with the "remarkably close" comment. I won't, however, bore everyone here with a detailed listing of why we know different things to be true, though.

 

Thanks. Hopefully we'll have a 5SK instructor near to you soon.

Yeah, my instructor is about 1.5 hours away, but he's planning on getting certified. We're going to start focusing on the 5SKs. The instructor i'm working with is great, but it would be nice to have someone closer. If you ever hear of anyone in the Ann Arbor area getting certified in the 5SKs, let me know! I'm also going to look into doing the online lessons at golfevolution. 

 

I would actually be interested in learning more about the differences between Mike and Andy's teaching and 5SKs, if you have a link to a thread or blog somewhere. I've only gone through the 5SKs DVDs once and I know there are probably a lot of differences that I've missed and will pick up on the more I watch them. I know some of the insights and swing thoughts are different as well as a few other variations, but it still seems like the swings look very much the same. I'm not sure it really matters and my take is simply based on a hacker's perspective and first take. I've read other forums on 5SKs vs. S&T and the heated discussions about the various golf schools is kinda of amusing.

 

In the end, I really like the 5SKs DVDs and give them a big thumbs up. I'm not really concerned about how close they are or are not to S&T.  But as someone who is totally hooked on golf and who tends to get obsessive about my hobbies, I wouldn't mind knowing more about the differences as subtle or not so subtle as they may be.

 

Thanks! 

post #93 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

Yeah, my instructor is about 1.5 hours away, but he's planning on getting certified. We're going to start focusing on the 5SKs. The instructor i'm working with is great, but it would be nice to have someone closer. If you ever hear of anyone in the Ann Arbor area getting certified in the 5SKs, let me know! I'm also going to look into doing the online lessons at golfevolution.

 

Directors are still going to be by invitation/nomination only, but we're going to offer an Instructor level class that starts online and then ends with a good 10-15 hours of in-person training.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

but it still seems like the swings look very much the same.

 

That right there covers the biggest difference. While the S&T swing is very much taught as a swing, 5SK is ANY good swing.

 

I've said a little bit more privately (though not specifically about the many differences), and publicly there's still this.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopek View Post

In the end, I really like the 5SKs DVDs and give them a big thumbs up.

 

Thanks again!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › PureStrike 5 Simple Keys DVDs - Now Available