or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (pholmes)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (pholmes) - Page 2

post #19 of 51

Another recommendation... If you are going to post videos... I'd recommend that you wear a t-shirt or a golf shirt.  It is easier to see your body positions - with regard to your alignment, etc... Wearing a baggy sweat shirt or sweater makes that a little difficult.

post #20 of 51
Thread Starter 

ok cool

post #21 of 51
Thread Starter 

Thanks for all of the recomendations, I think I made some changes taking into account everyones input, so I can get a real critique

post #22 of 51
Thread Starter 

A driver from today, my ball flight has become lower with the more rotary swing.

post #23 of 51

Looks better.  Flair your feet.  You still look narrow to me.  You almost want to be duck foot.  Both your left foot and right foot is at 12 O'clock (tips of toes at 12).  Take your left foot and flair it to the left such that your big toe is more at 10 O'clock.  Then on your right foot... Take it so that your big toe is moved to the right - at 2 O'clock.  

 

This should help with balance and give you more of a stable base.  It will also help you turn.

post #24 of 51
Thread Starter 

Ok, thanks Beachcomber.

post #25 of 51

It seems to me like you are almost squatting your knees are bent so much. You may want to have a little less bend in the knees and bend a little more forward at the waste.

 

posture1.png

 

If you look at these two images, you'll notice some major problems with your posture. Your spine is bent, slightly, but the bend is there. Your arms are dangerously close to your body, and that is a result of your knees being so bent because you are too close to the ball. 

 

Take a step back and bend at your waist to reach the ball, not at your knees. Check out the difference in angle of knee bend from the left side to your image on the right. 

 

If you look at your posture and you think it looks a little like you are squatting, that is due to your knee bend. If you top the ball a lot, it is probably because you are straightening your knees in your forward swing.

 

Just my non-expert opinion. 

post #26 of 51
Thread Starter 
I do feel kind of weird in my new setup, I will give that a try.
post #27 of 51

We have to be careful giving him too much feedback using angles like shown below because his camera isn't setup correctly.  He needs to move the camera more to the right (center line should be closer to the hands / shaft of the club).  The photo you have marked up below - the camera is closer to his rear.  But in principal, I agree with what Mike is saying below.

 

pholmes, please check the proper setup of camera - so you ensure you're getting your swing at the right angles.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelegacy View Post

It seems to me like you are almost squatting your knees are bent so much. You may want to have a little less bend in the knees and bend a little more forward at the waste.

 

posture1.png

 

If you look at these two images, you'll notice some major problems with your posture. Your spine is bent, slightly, but the bend is there. Your arms are dangerously close to your body, and that is a result of your knees being so bent because you are too close to the ball. 

 

Take a step back and bend at your waist to reach the ball, not at your knees. Check out the difference in angle of knee bend from the left side to your image on the right. 

 

If you look at your posture and you think it looks a little like you are squatting, that is due to your knee bend. If you top the ball a lot, it is probably because you are straightening your knees in your forward swing.

 

Just my non-expert opinion. 

post #28 of 51
Thread Starter 

Ok, I kind of knew about that, but with my gf, its hard to direct her around "when the whole fu&^%ng thing is stupid". I will do a better job in all honesty, I will get a betterdownthe line next weekend.  What is better to shoot, a driver or iron?

post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholmes View Post

Ok, I kind of knew about that, but with my gf, its hard to direct her around "when the whole fu&^%ng thing is stupid". I will do a better job in all honesty, I will get a betterdownthe line next weekend.  What is better to shoot, a driver or iron?

 

Hahahha... Sounds like my wife. I have to twist her arm to go to the range and film my swing too.  For me, I was always taught to start with a middle iron... Like a 6i or 7i.  Once you start hitting a mid iron solid... You can scale that 'grooved' swing accordingly to the other clubs in the bag.

post #30 of 51
Thread Starter 

I have'nt been able to hit balls in a while, but I found a better angle on my down the line swing. I already have started to work on the knee bend that mikelegacy told me about. I am trying to work on a left to right shot, as it is now it is a push which I manage by aiming at the left side of the fairway.  Sorry I dont know how to embed, will learn tonight.

 

post #31 of 51
Thread Starter 
Thank You for embedding
post #32 of 51
Thread Starter 

I went today to try and fix my setup position. I dont know if I am still standing too close to the ball.

post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholmes View Post

I went today to try and fix my setup position. I dont know if I am still standing too close to the ball.

 

Staying in the same position (don't move your feet or the golf ball, that is), don't bend your knees so much.

post #34 of 51
Thread Starter 
Thanks Iacas
post #35 of 51
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, been out of golf for a bit, had a torn rotator cuff. I hit balls today for the first time since last summer. Been trying really hard to follow beachcomber, Eric, mike and everyone else's advice to improve my posture. Oddly, it has kind of hurt my ball contact, not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
post #36 of 51
Thread Starter 
Guys, I am an idiot and I don't know if these are showing up, if not let me know and I'll find someone smart to do it. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (pholmes)