or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › How do you record your swing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you record your swing? - Page 2

post #19 of 42
Thread Starter 

Enter the PGA Prediction for a chance to win a ProtoSports Holster of your choice!! Just pick the winner of this years PGA Championship and his final score to par!

 

For all rules check out our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ProtoSports?ref=hl

 

Good Luck! www.protosports.com

80x50px-LL-6d0406f9_photo-full.jpeg
post #20 of 42

Just ordered a white one.  Looks pimp! Can't wait

post #21 of 42
Thread Starter 

Shipped out today!

 

www.protosports.com

post #22 of 42

What about a base mount for those of us that have to hit off of mats?

post #23 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3032 View Post

What about a base mount for those of us that have to hit off of mats?

I have found a very simple solution:  I take my stand bag and put it where I want to set up the camera, then slide the alignment rod vertically through all of the clubs (not into the bag, just straight vertically to the ground between the stand legs) and then just take my towel and wrap it loosely wround the rod by the clubheads.  That actually works better even if you have grass to stick the rod into because then the rod is not at the mercy of a 2 mph breeze that way.  It stays steady the whole time.

post #24 of 42
Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I have found a very simple solution:  I take my stand bag and put it where I want to set up the camera, then slide the alignment rod vertically through all of the clubs (not into the bag, just straight vertically to the ground between the stand legs) and then just take my towel and wrap it loosely wround the rod by the clubheads.  That actually works better even if you have grass to stick the rod into because then the rod is not at the mercy of a 2 mph breeze that way.  It stays steady the whole time.

Thank you! Great idea.
post #25 of 42

I record my swing by paying GolfTec $195 to do it for me.....

post #26 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwestner View Post

I record my swing by paying GolfTec $195 to do it for me.....

 

$195 ??? Thats crazy!

post #27 of 42

I have a mini tripod for my camera.  The tripod only cost $7 and there is a standard interface that screws into most cameras (Canon, Panasonic, etc).  Really it is an easy setup and best of all I get HD video from this.  Highly recommended.


No iPhone for me, I have a different one.  I don't know why there are so many iPhone accessories available (e.g. Target has a whole section) while everyone with a different phone has to get their stuff online, and get so many fewer choices.

post #28 of 42

I have a blackberry playbook with a 1040i HD camera... Given my limited space, I have to film DTL. As you can see from my videos... its pretty sharp with the proper lighting.

 

I also posted a thread that can help you cut, capture, and condense your video. Just search under my username.
 

post #29 of 42
Thread Starter 

There is a new mount coming soon that can mount to your golf bag and alignment rods. You can see it on our site.

post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoSports View Post
 

There is a new mount coming soon that can mount to your golf bag and alignment rods. You can see it on our site.

 

Since you're a former sponsor, and because I contributed $33 myself and would like to see this project get funded, I'm adding a link here for others to see:

 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667763688/x-mount-not-your-typical-smartphone-mountits-mobil/

 

Please back this project. The $33 or $37 options are great benefits. I still have and use my original holster - the only downside is that I can't use it indoors. The clamp will solve that problem nicely.

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Since you're a former sponsor, and because I contributed $33 myself and would like to see this project get funded, I'm adding a link here for others to see:

 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667763688/x-mount-not-your-typical-smartphone-mountits-mobil/

 

Please back this project. The $33 or $37 options are great benefits. I still have and use my original holster - the only downside is that I can't use it indoors. The clamp will solve that problem nicely.

 

This looks like an awesome tool. Better than GorillaPod or whatever it's called. Take my money!

post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Since you're a former sponsor, and because I contributed $33 myself and would like to see this project get funded, I'm adding a link here for others to see:

 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667763688/x-mount-not-your-typical-smartphone-mountits-mobil/

 

Please back this project. The $33 or $37 options are great benefits. I still have and use my original holster - the only downside is that I can't use it indoors. The clamp will solve that problem nicely.

 

Really liking this overall compared to other iPhone mounts anywhere. I'm backing it. 

post #33 of 42
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys. Yea we are excited about it. Now we just have to get some traffic to our site for some more backers! By backing you are pre-ordering which will allow you to get it at a discounted price before everyone else.

post #34 of 42
I was thinking. I could rig a rod attachment on my nightstand and use the clamp so I can place the smartphone for optimal video viewing position in bed. Another possible use.
post #35 of 42
Seems like a great product. Not sure I'd use it for anything other than golf, though, haha.
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Seems like a great product. Not sure I'd use it for anything other than golf, though, haha.

Family photos, clamp on chair, timer, everyone is in photo. Traveling selfies. Fixing stuff - arm puts camera in out of reach places, take photos of hard to see nooks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › How do you record your swing?