or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (jd924)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (jd924)

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 

 

I've been Playing Golf for:​ 13, about 5 seriously.

My current handicap index or average score is: 6.9-8

My typical ball flight is: draw/fade can do both but prefer a draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: thin iron/chunky iron. Hook from time to time and very rarely a push. 

 


 

Videos:

 

 

Just some info about myself, as said in my template area, I've played golf for about 13 years but only have really tried to get better the past 5. Really a lot this year. Mostly from reading this forum, I've lurked for a good 5 months. Honestly the best information I've read and I've put so much into my swing from just reading this forum. Mostly the slide the hips and reading posts from iacas and mvmac. I understand my head drops a TON on the backswing and downswing, I have zero idea how to fix it. I'll be posting in other areas aswell. Thanks for taking the time.

 

PS: Do you have to be Stack and Tilt to join evolvr? Always wondered that, I'm looking to sign up. Would like to get a quick idea on some of the user's opinions first though. Thanks! 

NOTE: I'm holding off my swing so I dont hit my ceiling :)

post #2 of 32

Your stance looks too wide wich inhibits a more free turn with the hips and torso, this looks like it's causing a lot of head movement specifically downward on the backswing that will probably have to be compensated on the follow through.

post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 

I've actually just changed my stance to become wider. I was too narrow and was getting off balanced on the follow through. From what I remember my head would move downward with both stances. 

post #4 of 32

1000

 

Steady head, eliminate that lateral head movement to hit the ball more consistently at the same spot.

 

Here's a good drill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0qw0r7pDQU

post #5 of 32
Thread Starter 
Thank you I'll definitely give this a shot. Would you say dropping the head is okay as long as it stays back?
post #6 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

 

PS: Do you have to be Stack and Tilt to join evolvr? Always wondered that, I'm looking to sign up. Would like to get a quick idea on some of the user's opinions first though. Thanks! 

NOTE: I'm holding off my swing so I dont hit my ceiling :)

 

No you don't but we know the pattern well.  Our "style" is about taking what you do and making it more efficient.  We're doing our own thing with the 5 Simple Keys®

 

Here's some testimonials for Evolvr

http://thesandtrap.com/t/52727/signed-up-with-evolvr

http://forum.thegolfevolution.com/threads/582-Evolvr-Testimonials

 

For your swing, I'd first recommend you check this thread out.  Hips need to keep turning, the arch in the lower back prevents that.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

 

And do this drill

 

post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

Thank you I'll definitely give this a shot. Would you say dropping the head is okay as long as it stays back?

I would say lateral movement is a greater issue but im not an instructor and don't know what's the highest prio to fix. I know many tour players drop their head in the downswing, how this affect the swing i'm not sure of.

post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 

Ok so I went and really focused on keeping my head back. I was hitting pushes and high weak shots all day. Extremely frustrating. I can post another video if anyone thinks that would help. a4_sad.gif

post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

Ok so I went and really focused on keeping my head back. I was hitting pushes and high weak shots all day. Extremely frustrating. I can post another video if anyone thinks that would help. a4_sad.gif

Don't get frustrated, drills are not supposed to be final swing products, they are to undo a swing flaw and as far as we know pushes and high weak shots may mean your doing it correctly, post another video.

post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post

Don't get frustrated, drills are not supposed to be final swing products, they are to undo a swing flaw and as far as we know pushes and high weak shots may mean your doing it correctly, post another video.

Will do. I just fooled around keeping my weight forward and not shifting it, like SnT, and the compression was completely different. I think possibly me wanting to keep my head back and still having to shift my weight really threw off my timing. Weight forward is a "simple key" isnt it? 

post #11 of 32
Thread Starter 

Didnt see Mvmac's suggestion will make a different video. 

post #12 of 32
Thread Starter 

Ok this is what I was working on. I believe I'm doing it correctly but is my swing that comes through up for concern? I really swing around my body, dont some instructors advocate that? 

 

post #13 of 32
Thread Starter 

Ok I signed up for evolvr thanks for everyone's help. I dont want to say stop posting in here but I am kind of going to listen to the people I'm paying :). Thanks again 

post #14 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

Ok I signed up for evolvr thanks for everyone's help. I dont want to say stop posting in here but I am kind of going to listen to the people I'm paying :). Thanks again 

 

Smart choice! Now you will always have something to get bettter at. Btw how big do you think a golfnet needs to be? I'm about to build one to use in the livingroom, and I don't wanna shoot a hole in the wall.

post #15 of 32
Thread Starter 
Not that big but it's all about the net. As you can see mine is full of holes and needs to be replaced. Probably 5 feet wide 6 feet tall would be sufficient.
post #16 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

Ok this is what I was working on. I believe I'm doing it correctly but is my swing that comes through up for concern? I really swing around my body, dont some instructors advocate that? 

 

 

Left knee has to stay flexed longer.  With the right foot banking, the foot rolls onto the instep.  Ideally want it to look something like this with the leg work.  Getting that arch out of the lower back will help keep the hips turning on the backswing  http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

 

post #17 of 32
Thread Starter 

Yea I'm a tad confused so I'll just wait for the evolvr video. Do you guys show the drill and how to do it? 

post #18 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd924 View Post

Do you guys show the drill and how to do it? 

 

Yes if the instructor focuses on something like the right foot banking they'll go over what it should look like.  Sorry if you got confused, my mistake.  Like I said in my first post in this thread, first thing to look at is the hip turn, so the instructor might just focus on that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (jd924)