or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Swing Thoughts › 5SK Video Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5SK Video Thread - Page 9

post #145 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

A lot of golfers will get their weight forward in a "faked" way - they'll be 50/50 at impact but then their arms will "pull" them through to a finish position that has their weight on their front foot. I call it the "standing I" position because they are often standing in a very "I"-like shape at the end, rather than one seen here by Tiger Woods:

 

Awesome!  I think I am highly guilty of the faked weight forward.

 

Also, at first I thought the drill had something to do with skiing because the beach almost looks like snow at first.

post #146 of 283

really great stuff here, guys.

I'm looking forward to taking some of these drills to the range, especially the toes up, ankle roll, and limbo/bat signal drills.

Seems like a really excellent way to categorize and focus on what's important.

post #147 of 283

To all you 5SK instructors can you recommend an instructor in my area for my son and I?

I live in Whitter, it is about 20 min north of Disneyland.

Please PM me if you could with a name, number and cost.

 

:offtopic:

 

Thanks.

post #148 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

To all you 5SK instructors can you recommend an instructor in my area for my son and I?
I live in Whitter, it is about 20 min north of Disneyland.
Please PM me if you could with a name, number and cost.

z8_offtopic.gif

Thanks.
I'm not an instructor ... But I can tell you that Mvmac will recommend (if he hasn't already) Dana Dahlquist. He's in long beach and I think his course is el dorado??
post #149 of 283

Yup, He's at El Dorado in Long Beach, which by the way is only a few miles from me...:banana:

post #150 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


I'm not an instructor ... But I can tell you that Mvmac will recommend (if he hasn't already) Dana Dahlquist. He's in long beach and I think his course is el dorado??

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Yup, He's at El Dorado in Long Beach, which by the way is only a few miles from me...:banana:

 

Yeah I sent Hacker a PM.  I go up to Long Beach every couple months or so to teach at El Dorado.  Dana is great, he's not a 5SK guy but likes the Keys system and agrees with what we have to say.

post #151 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

 

 

Yeah I sent Hacker a PM.  I go up to Long Beach every couple months or so to teach at El Dorado.  Dana is great, he's not a 5SK guy but likes the Keys system and agrees with what we have to say.

Thanks guys, I did just respond to Mike.

post #152 of 283
Thread Starter 

Paging @cipher and a few others…

 

post #153 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Paging @cipher and a few others…

 

That is so awesome, totally validates what I've been feeling and trying to foster.

 

I'm pretty good at getting the weight forward but my hips are very square at impact. I've been really working at feeling like A4 to A6 is arms coming down while hips push laterally forward but as soon as I get to A6 I try to feel like my body is going 2 directions at once, hips and torso are turning hard left while my arms are swinging as far out to the right as I can. I find if I don't add the feeling of swinging as far too the right as humanly possible I go OTT. No matter how extreme I try to feel this it still isn't enough, and I've tried to feel like I'm almost swinging perpindicular to the target line LOL. Add my batman sign to the sky and I get some really great ball flights. It's nice to know I'm on the right path.

 

I was getting frustrated and started trying other feels but I think I'll go back to really working hard on this because when I get it right it has a big impact on my priority pieces. Damn I love this game, so effing hard but so rewarding when something clicks.

 

:beer: 


Edited by Ernest Jones - 11/7/13 at 7:14pm
post #154 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

I go up to Long Beach every couple months or so to teach at El Dorado...

 

More often in the future? :-) 

post #155 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Paging @cipher and a few others…

Love it! It is hard to imagine that it took me so long to understand this. It is such a huge piece and a source of so much frustration for me in the past. There are probably a ton of golfers out there that need to watch this video, high and low handicap players alike. Great stuff as always.

post #156 of 283

Swell, another thing to work on..lol  I'm pretty sure my hips are maybe 25 degrees open at impact, so time for some work. As always thanks for posting the vid..

post #157 of 283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

Swell, another thing to work on..lol  I'm pretty sure my hips are maybe 25 degrees open at impact, so time for some work. As always thanks for posting the vid..

Prioritize, please! a1_smile.gif
post #158 of 283
Good video,.nice
post #159 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

Swell, another thing to work on..lol  I'm pretty sure my hips are maybe 25 degrees open at impact, so time for some work. As always thanks for posting the vid..

 

Like Erik said, prioritize.  25* is better than 0* :-)  You might have another piece(s) that is more important to improve.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

More often in the future? :-) 

 

Will be there Nov 18-19

post #160 of 283

Thanks for posting @iacas .  This is a good indoor drill for this winter.

post #161 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Will be there Nov 18-19

 

What times would you be free?

post #162 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

What times would you be free?

 

All day Monday (staying in LB that night) and most of Tuesday.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Swing Thoughts
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Swing Thoughts › 5SK Video Thread