or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Who are your 3 favorite and 3 least favorite players on tour?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who are your 3 favorite and 3 least favorite players on tour? - Page 3

post #37 of 135
Thread Starter 

I'm pretty surprised at all the Bubba hate. Not that I agree or disagree, just surprised. Always thought he was a fan favorite. And to the person bring up Paula Creamer, while on the LPGA players as well, Michelle Wie might be one of the worst people on the planet. She is an entitled, selfish, diva bitch. I cant stand her more than any other player I can think of. Funny thing about her is for all that hype for all those years...shes not really even that good.

 

Also agree on Vijay. He is very much like Tiger which is why they probably didnt get along too well for most of those years.

post #38 of 135

favorites: dustin johnson - i can't really pin down why i like DJ so much, but he's always the guy i'm rooting for in the majors fred couples - love love love his swing. ken duke - a fellow arkansan. a couple of guys i know have met him and say he's a pretty nice guy. dislikes: steve elkington - always seems to come across as a condescending snot rory sabbatini - just an all around irritating fellow adam scott - this one is a bit misdirected; it's actually steve williams i can't stand. but adam hired the guy, and kept the guy, so he kind of vaguely falls into the "dislike" category

post #39 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post

While on the LPGA players as well, Michelle Wie might be one of the worst people on the planet. She is an entitled, selfish, diva bitch. I cant stand her more than any other player I can think of. Funny thing about her is for all that hype for all those years...shes not really even that good.

 

 

At the Women's U.S. Open last month, Wie missed the green on one hole and, after realizing there were no cameras on her, she shrieked so loud that it startled my daughter, who asked "Who screamed and why would they do that?"  

 

Wie was looking rather interesting, to say the least, this weekend, with blond hair and with knee-high argyle socks.

 

[image]

 

 

She's rather pretty, though:

 

Michelle Wie

post #40 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

Favorites

 

Tiger

Vijay

McDowell

 

and among the seniors. Jack and Ray Floyd

 

Least favorites

 

Keegan Bradley (the twitchiness drives me crazy)

Sergio

 

 

can't think of a third
 

 

Funny, even though I put Sergio on my dislike list I was kind of happy for him to have won this week.

 

I'm going to add former player and current announcer, Dottie Pepper.  I saw her on the course at one of the practice rounds at Torry Pines for the 2008 US Open and she was very approachable and I had a nice chat with her.  I was glad to hear that she was rehabilitated and once again is persona grata with the US Solheim Cup team, and good on Meg Mallon for doingi t.

post #41 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post

While on the LPGA players as well, Michelle Wie might be one of the worst people on the planet. She is an entitled, selfish, diva bitch. I cant stand her more than any other player I can think of. Funny thing about her is for all that hype for all those years...shes not really even that good.

 

 

At the Women's U.S. Open last month, Wie missed the green on one hole and, after realizing there were no cameras on her, she shrieked so loud that it startled my daughter, who asked "Who screamed and why would they do that?"  

 

Wie was looking rather interesting, to say the least, this weekend, with blond hair and with knee-high argyle socks.

 

[image]

 

 

She's rather pretty, though:

 

Michelle Wie


Must look better in person. She makes faces like Jan Brady from the Brady Bunch movie. I find her car commercials comical. Making her look sexy must be as tough as sucking a golf ball thru a garden hose.
post #42 of 135

Favorites

 

1. Tiger - Always have, always will root for him.

2. Phil - See Tiger. Also, his "do or die" attitude when it comes to risky shots is entertaining to watch. You cannot dislike this guy if you try.

3. Bubba - Pure awesomeness. The Driver from the fairway, the shot at The Masters, the emotion and general friendly attitude. Easily becoming my new favorite golfer.

 

Dislikes

1. Sergio Garcia - Headcase that used to be entertaining, but now it's just getting old watching the whining and temper tantrums.

2. Kevin NA - If I had to play behind him, I would take my bag back to my car and go home.

3. Luke Donald - I don't honestly know... I just don't care for/about him.

 

Special Mention - Ben Crane, for his hilarious video series (Ben Crane Golf on YouTube). Wish he wasn't falling apart physically... I would love to see him in more tournaments.

post #43 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post

 

I'm going to add former player and current announcer, Dottie Pepper.  I saw her on the course at one of the practice rounds at Torry Pines for the 2008 US Open and she was very approachable and I had a nice chat with her.  I was glad to hear that she was rehabilitated and once again is persona grata with the US Solheim Cup team, and good on Meg Mallon for doingi t.

 

Speaking of Dottie, not that I dislike her, but she does (did) have a temper. I was at the ShopRite Classic about 10 years ago, standing next to her teeing off on #7, a tough 180 yd par 3 over water. I forgot if she pushed or pulled, but she didn't make the green, and she says, "F*** ME!" pretty loudly. All of us in the gallery looked at each other with this face:

 

g2_eek.gif

 

On another hole, she had just bogied a par 4, and was walking past me to the next hole, and I said to her, "Don't worry Dottie, the next hole is an easy par 5." She just looked straight ahead with a face that could have killed a small animal. The guy standing next to me says, "You're lucky she didn't punch you in the face."

post #44 of 135

For the Luke Donald haters, I agree that no major wins is a hole on the resume, but other than that, his play the last two years has been impressive (even if I agree that Rory has been better with 2 of his 4 world-wide wins being majors)

 

Luke has done a lot more the last 2 years than win the Isle of Man Open including:

   Winning the WGC Match Play Championship which requires beating 6 top 64 players head to head consecutively

   Winning the Euro PGA Championship consecutively, one of their best events that I believe earned him the #1 ranking when he bested Westwood in 2011

   Winning the final PGA Tour event to take the 2011 money title away from Web Simpson

   Winning the Euro Order of Merit the same year as the PGA Tour Player of the Year & money title (I think the first to official do this although Tiger may have unofficially)

   5 Wins world-wide, more than Rory (and I think any other player)

   Finishing top 4 or better in the last 3 Playoff events and having the lowest playoff scoring average last year

   3 Top 8 or better finishes at Majors (not the best record, but better than many and 1 more than OWGR #3 Tiger Woods)

   10 Top 8 or better finishes at Majors/WGC/Players (way more than the 3 Tiger has had and 4 more than the 6 Rory has had)

   Tied with Tiger as the leading point earner at the 2010 Ryder Cup

   

 

Luke also has an 8-2-1 overall Ryder Cup record with 3 European team victories.

post #45 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEfree View Post

For the Luke Donald haters, I agree that no major wins is a hole on the resume, but other than that, his play the last two years has been impressive (even if I agree that Rory has been better with 2 of his 4 world-wide wins being majors)

 

Luke has done a lot more the last 2 years than win the Isle of Man Open including:

   Winning the WGC Match Play Championship which requires beating 6 top 64 players head to head consecutively

   Winning the Euro PGA Championship consecutively, one of their best events that I believe earned him the #1 ranking when he bested Westwood in 2011

   Winning the final PGA Tour event to take the 2011 money title away from Web Simpson

   Winning the Euro Order of Merit the same year as the PGA Tour Player of the Year & money title (I think the first to official do this although Tiger may have unofficially)

   5 Wins world-wide, more than Rory (and I think any other player)

   Finishing top 4 or better in the last 3 Playoff events and having the lowest playoff scoring average last year

   3 Top 8 or better finishes at Majors (not the best record, but better than many and 1 more than OWGR #3 Tiger Woods)

   10 Top 8 or better finishes at Majors/WGC/Players (way more than the 3 Tiger has had and 4 more than the 6 Rory has had)

   Tied with Tiger as the leading point earner at the 2010 Ryder Cup

   

 

Luke also has an 8-2-1 overall Ryder Cup record with 3 European team victories.

Couldn't agree more.

 

The Euro PGA - is the second most prestigeous event in Europe after The Open.

 

Tiger would have won the money titles on both Tours several times - but has never been a member of the European Tour so hasn't.

post #46 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


[Wie] Must look better in person. She makes faces like Jan Brady from the Brady Bunch movie. I find her car commercials comical. Making her look sexy must be as tough as sucking a golf ball thru a garden hose.

 I can understand not liking her as a person, as a player, and/or as an overhyped media sensation.  I can also understand finding that the childish, immature pouty faces detract from her looks, on a subjective basis.  But unless you just have a problem with Asian women, objectively, she's pretty, arguably beautiful, notwithstanding her personality.  I was within 20 feet of her and she does look pretty in person, but she had a hat on, so I think she looked better in the off-the-course photo, above.  On the topic of hats on LPGA stars, I think Paula Creamer looks a lot better with a hat on while on the course than she does in any of the off-the-course glammed-up photos - she seems to have a rather 1980s hairstyle that does not look good at all and I much prefer her in a hat or visor.  Oddly enough, I also think Danica Patrick looks a lot hotter in a racing suit than she does in any of her glammed-up photos.

post #47 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post

 I can understand not liking her as a person, as a player, and/or as an overhyped media sensation.  I can also understand finding that the childish, immature pouty faces detract from her looks, on a subjective basis.  But unless you just have a problem with Asian women, objectively, she's pretty, arguably beautiful, notwithstanding her personality.  I was within 20 feet of her and she does look pretty in person, but she had a hat on, so I think she looked better in the off-the-course photo, above.  On the topic of hats on LPGA stars, I think Paula Creamer looks a lot better with a hat on while on the course than she does in any of the off-the-course glammed-up photos - she seems to have a rather 1980s hairstyle that does not look good at all and I much prefer her in a hat or visor.  Oddly enough, I also think Danica Patrick looks a lot hotter in a racing suit than she does in any of her glammed-up photos.

 

In the case of the LPGA, I will take a side of Natalie Gulbis please.

 

post #48 of 135

This would be my "foursome from hell" to watch on TV:

Keegan Bradley (for his herkey-jerkey starts, spitting, and "evil eye" reading of putts)

Jim Furyk (for his weird swing, slow play, and backing off putts)

Ben Crane (to slow things down even more), and

Rory Sabatini (to go nuts and throw a fit, watching and waiting for the other three)

post #49 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisguy View Post

 I can understand not liking her as a person, as a player, and/or as an overhyped media sensation.  I can also understand finding that the childish, immature pouty faces detract from her looks, on a subjective basis.  But unless you just have a problem with Asian women, objectively, she's pretty, arguably beautiful, notwithstanding her personality.  I was within 20 feet of her and she does look pretty in person, but she had a hat on, so I think she looked better in the off-the-course photo, above.  On the topic of hats on LPGA stars, I think Paula Creamer looks a lot better with a hat on while on the course than she does in any of the off-the-course glammed-up photos - she seems to have a rather 1980s hairstyle that does not look good at all and I much prefer her in a hat or visor.  Oddly enough, I also think Danica Patrick looks a lot hotter in a racing suit than she does in any of her glammed-up photos.

 

Actually I like Asian women quite a bit. However, Michelle is not sexy. She is somewhat attractive but a lot of it is paid for style. Paula is attractive in her own right. No one says you have to be super hot sex star to be in a sport. I am just saying Michelle fits the "good from far, far from good" up close. There are moments of brilliance with her but she is just not attractive to me. Here is a hot Asian golfer.....

 

post #50 of 135

Favs

 

Tiger

Day

Sergio



Least Like

 

Rory

Phil

Poulter

post #51 of 135

I like to watch just about everyone. When Phil and Tiger are "on" they are easiest to watch imo. I like to watch Hunter Mahan and Rickie FOwler too but for different reasons.  Mahan looks so technically sound and Fowler looks so loose. I think they are excellent examples of how you can get it done a lot of ways on tour. I also like Miguel Angel Cabrera, Tim Clark and Luke DOnald who were all super cool at the Open in 09'

 

I don't really have any disliked players.

 

I do not get the Donald or Westwood hate. Those 2 guys are fun to watch and both seem like easy to drink a beer with types. I think a lot of people do not understand how good those 2 guys are.

post #52 of 135

Based on a number of factors:

 

Likes:-

 

Couples

Els

Miguel Angel Cabrera

 

Dislikes:-

 

Eldrick

Wie

Poulter

post #53 of 135

Favorites

1. Tiger Woods

2. Keegan Bradley

3. Adam Scott

 

 

Least Favorite

1. Sergio Garcia

2. Rory Sabbatini

3. Vijay Singh

post #54 of 135

Likes:

1) Graeme McDowell - good guy, great personality, destined to win soon.

2) Miguel Angel Jimenez - cool guy, where else are you going to find a guy who snaps his putter, then proceeds to made birdies while putting with a wedge.

3) Dustin Johnson - long hitter with a nice swing and a great overall golfer

 

Dislikes:

1) Anyone who is beating the guys above. b2_tongue.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Who are your 3 favorite and 3 least favorite players on tour?