or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Embroidering your name on your bag
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Embroidering your name on your bag - Page 2

post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
 

One of the things Ive promised myself when my handicap comes down to single figures is to treat myself to having my name and country embroidered on a golf bag.

 

This is the part I would like to focus on.

 

If your name is on your bag, doesn't the expectation of from others of you having a nearly perfect swing go up?

post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

This is the part I would like to focus on.

 

If your name is on your bag, doesn't the expectation of from others of you having a nearly perfect swing go up?

I think that was the case in the past, the only time you really saw names on a bag were on leather staff bags.  Today you can embroider any bag pretty inexpensively.  My buddy's wife got him a new TM cart bag with his name on it for Christmas, the embroidery was free with the purchase of the bag.

 

I prefer to maintain low profile, but see no problem if others like their name on their bag.

post #21 of 47
My buddy Wilson did it and nobody's ever said boo to him about it.
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylabs View Post

I have one and I suck! I also play blades why you may ask is because Ilike how they look. I don't give two sh*ts what people think, when they're paying for it then they can have an opinion until then F--K 'EM! Also I walk every course I play and push my bag around on a three wheeled cart. So I say why wait treat yourself now and if some has a problem with it show them where they can stuff their opinion.
Lol I don't know what to say to that.... You say you suck but you play blades because you like how they look? lolololol
post #23 of 47
I suck right now because haven't played a lot lately since being diagnosed with leukemia but I've played with blades the entire time I've played. You don't like what you play with? Your the type of jerk that makes a lot of people not want to play golf because they're afraid that their equipment or how they look will be laughed at so yeah I love the look of a blade and if thats funny to you because that's the reason I play them then you have a sad life so do me a favour and get bent
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylabs View Post

I suck right now because haven't played a lot lately since being diagnosed with leukemia but I've played with blades the entire time I've played. You don't like what you play with? Your the type of jerk that makes a lot of people not want to play golf because they're afraid that their equipment or how they look will be laughed at so yeah I love the look of a blade and if thats funny to you because that's the reason I play them then you have a sad life so do me a favour and get bent

You should play the way you like!
It is for fun, after all.
post #25 of 47
I agree 150%
post #26 of 47

A mid-handicapper I play with has his name on his bag. It was a gift that was given to him.

 

If you want your name embroidered on your bag, do it. If someone judges you for it, their opinion is probably not worth getting concerned over. 

post #27 of 47

You have to be prepared for some baiting whenever something stands out from "the norm" in your group I reckon.

At my last club I frequently get baited for having immaculate clubs because I clean and buff them regularly and because I like to look and feel good on the course even if my game's not up to standard. "he dresses like a real golfer yet he isn't..." or "Nice bats; did you buy them this morning?" were normal comments. ;)

 

Personally if I saw someone with a named bag I'd probably think, "hey cool!" but wouldn't think much beyond that point.

post #28 of 47

I don't think I could ever put my name on my bag..........a nickname maybe.  IE.... "MAD DOG".......on the bag would be fun!  LOL

post #29 of 47

I am so glad I came and read this.
I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

post #30 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtCheap View Post
 

I am so glad I came and read this.
I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

I'd do it - he'll grow out of that bag someday anyway.

 

Dont be bullied by people you dont know. I am still thinking of having mine done - just havent had the time to research it.

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtCheap View Post

I am so glad I came and read this.

I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

What's his nickname?
post #32 of 47
It's your bag. Do what you want. I have had my name on most of the bags I have played up until now. Between middle school, high school, and college. They all had my name and school name and all where stand bags. I recently purchased a new bag without my name because I have been out of school for a couple years. But when it comes down to it you can do whatever you want
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

My buddy Wilson did it and nobody's ever said boo to him about it.

Nicely played - LMAO.
post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtCheap View Post
 

I am so glad I came and read this.
I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

Actually do it for your young fulla...I would bet he would absolutely love a bag with his name on it.

 

Regards

 

Mailman

post #35 of 47
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtCheap View Post
 

I am so glad I came and read this.
I just signed my seven year old up for his first 9 hole tournament and we were planning to get him an embroidered bag with his nickname on it. Now I'm wondering if it's a bad idea.

 

I'm in the "do what you like" camp but you may get some crap from your buddies/guys at your course.

 

 

I doubt any of the other 7 year old kids are going to comment on your son's bag. I'm sure your son would really like it so I say go for it. He will get a new bag before high school when I would think people would start to pass judgment on him having his name on his bag. That being said, if he's playing in tournaments at 7 he may be super nice by the time he gets to high school and then no one would say a word about a name on his bag.

post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


What's his nickname?

'Cuda..  As in Barracuda.

'Cuda Clark

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Balls, Carts/Bags, Apparel, Gear, Etc. › Embroidering your name on your bag