or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › i20 Iron Problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i20 Iron Problem - Page 2

post #19 of 77
Thread Starter 

I really hope is is a rare problem and that the issues has been fixed because the irons are so nice looking and play so well.  I am confident that they will take care of me and as a business owner I understand these types of issues and the customer service nightmare that it creates.  I am not concerned with the outcome. 

post #20 of 77
Thread Starter 

The Ping repair department called me on Friday.  They wanted to just replace my 5 and 9 iron that were having the problems.  I told them that I was not really comfortable with this.  I then spoke with the customer service person that I was dealing with and she agreed that they should remake another set for me.  I said that if it was doing this on two of the irons it will probably start doing it on the rest.  Hopefully the new set will have the problem solved and it will last for a long time.  They also did offer to pay my initial shipping expense which was appreciated as well. 

post #21 of 77
Thread Starter 

I got my replacement irons back from ping yesterday and all is well.  I think I will invest in some iron head covers this time around. 

post #22 of 77
Thread Starter 
It is happenig again. Does anyone know if the s55 and the i25 irons have this over-laminate, or did they go away with it? I probably won't bother to send them back again, I will just keep them as a backup set.
post #23 of 77
You honestly should call ping and see what they would do as far as upgrading you to a set of 55's or 25's(whichever you would prefer). From what I've read they have good customer service and im sure they would work with you.
post #24 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

It is happenig again. Does anyone know if the s55 and the i25 irons have this over-laminate, or did they go away with it? I probably won't bother to send them back again, I will just keep them as a backup set.
 

 

Pretty sure it's the same.

post #25 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

You honestly should call ping and see what they would do as far as upgrading you to a set of 55's or 25's(whichever you would prefer). From what I've read they have good customer service and im sure they would work with you.

I already had the set replaced once. It does not really affect anything it is just a bit annoying. I will probably let it be keep the set as a backup, and look for a set without any laminate. That may mean going away from ping at this point. It is too bad because I love the progressive set design of the i20s.
post #26 of 77
Why would you go away from pings? Honestly i think you just happened to get a bad set. My buddy and I both have pings and we haven't had any problems. Let us know what you end up doing. Im probably going to wait until I get a new set next year and respect your opinion on clubs.
post #27 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Why would you go away from pings? Honestly i think you just happened to get a bad set. My buddy and I both have pings and we haven't had any problems. Let us know what you end up doing. Im probably going to wait until I get a new set next year and respect your opinion on clubs.

I am one of very few people that have had this problem. I also don't think the G series has this laminate either. I think it started with the s56 and the i20s. It has now happened twice to me with the i20s. They already replaced my entire first set. I am not going to bug them again about it.
post #28 of 77
That sucks I was looking to get a set of I series irons. What are the other sets you would look at?I was kinda looking at the AP2'S and mp 54's. They all kinda look like they are aimed at the same type of player.
post #29 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post


I am one of very few people that have had this problem. I also don't think the G series has this laminate either. I think it started with the s56 and the i20s. It has now happened twice to me with the i20s. They already replaced my entire first set. I am not going to bug them again about it.

 

Yeah I haven't seen this problem before except for this thread. G series has a different finish. 

 

Here are my irons. Most played clubs are the S55's and i20's

 

 

 

S55

 

i20

 

i25

post #30 of 77
Thread Starter 
Yeah I was thinking about the AP2s, maybe the Apex irons, maybe something mizuno, heck maybe the G25s. I would test a bunch out anyway. Maybe I will just let the i20s peel away and keep swinging them. ;)
post #31 of 77
Thread Starter 
@mvmac I must just be unusually harsh on my irons or something. Either that or it is all that power I have. ;)
post #32 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Yeah I haven't seen this problem before except for this thread. G series has a different finish. 

Here are my irons. Most played clubs are the S55's and i20's







S55



i20



i25

Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping a3_biggrin.gif;-).
post #33 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

@mvmac I must just be unusually harsh on my irons or something. Either that or it is all that power I have. ;)

I am sure its the Sconny power. "Ain't no wimps round here."
post #34 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping a3_biggrin.gif;-).
He hits them so pure there aren't hardly any turf marks on the bottom. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I am sure its the Sconny power. "Ain't no wimps round here."
That is kinda what I am thinking. I hit em' so hard the laminate wants to fly off. :D
post #35 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

@mvmac I must just be unusually harsh on my irons or something. Either that or it is all that power I have. ;)

 

Must be it. You guys back east are much more manly. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post


Man you have a lot of nice irons. If you ever need to get rid of a set ill pay for the shipping a3_biggrin.gif;-).

 

Thanks but probably going to my son when he's needs another set. I've been alternating between the S55 and i25 irons.

post #36 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Must be it. You guys back east are much more manly.
Yeah, it's probably from their "manly" rough over there. ;)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › i20 Iron Problem