or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › i20 Iron Problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i20 Iron Problem - Page 3

post #37 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Yeah, it's probably from their "manly" rough over there. ;)

LOL, probably. ;). How are your i20s holding up?
post #38 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


Yeah, it's probably from their "manly" rough over there. ;)

 

Do your i20's have any peeling problems?

post #39 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

LOL, probably. ;). How are your i20s holding up?
No, mine don't show any issues like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Do your i20's have any peeling problems?
Nope.
post #40 of 77

Ping took a lot of heat for the laminate problem on the i20's.  From what I've read they did away with the laminate on the i25's but not sure about the others.

post #41 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Ping took a lot of heat for the laminate problem on the i20's.  From what I've read they did away with the laminate on the i25's but not sure about the others.

Hopefully that is the case.
post #42 of 77

Wow I did not see this thread at all before I bought mine last summer, I probably would have went with another brand just to avoid the possibility of this happening to me.  And the douche at the store didn't mention this to me either which chaps my ass more than anything.

post #43 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strandly View Post

Wow I did not see this thread at all before I bought mine last summer, I probably would have went with another brand just to avoid the possibility of this happening to me.  And the douche at the store didn't mention this to me either which chaps my ass more than anything.

I would not worry too much, the problem is pretty rare. Hopefully your irons will be fine.
post #44 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strandly View Post
 

Wow I did not see this thread at all before I bought mine last summer, I probably would have went with another brand just to avoid the possibility of this happening to me.  And the douche at the store didn't mention this to me either which chaps my ass more than anything.

 

It's not a "common" issue with the irons so the guy probably didn't even know about it. How are your irons doing? Are they peeling?

post #45 of 77
Thread Starter 
I contacted a Ping rep, the one I dealt with the last time to see it the i25s have this laminate ot not. I will report back.
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I contacted a Ping rep, the one I dealt with the last time to see it the i25s have this laminate ot not. I will report back.

 

Please do, hope @newtogolf is right about that

post #47 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Please do, hope @newtogolf is right about that

Looking at them today at Golfsmith I think they do as you mentioned, but I will find out for sure.  I went there to check out the G25s but when I put them down at address and I kinda threw up in my mouth a little bit.  I hit the AP1s and the AP2s a little bit and liked those.  If I were to get those I would probably get like AP1 4 and 5 irons and AP2 6-9.  I will probably just end up finishing off my s55 set though eventually and keep the i20s as a backup.  I will be sure to let everyone know what they say about the i25s and the laminate.

post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Looking at them today at Golfsmith I think they do as you mentioned, but I will find out for sure.  I went there to check out the G25s but when I put them down at address and I kinda threw up in my mouth a little bit.  I hit the AP1s and the AP2s a little bit and liked those.  If I were to get those I would probably get like AP1 4 and 5 irons and AP2 6-9.  I will probably just end up finishing off my s55 set though eventually and keep the i20s as a backup.  I will be sure to let everyone know what they say about the i25s and the laminate.

So you currently have a few S55's which ones and how would you compare them to the i20's?

post #49 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

So you currently have a few S55's which ones and how would you compare them to the i20's?

I just have a 8 and 9 iron I have been using.  They are very accurate.  I draw them a bit less(which I like), and they are honestly a bit tougher to hit overall, but I have been getting used to them.  Not quite sure I am good enough for them though, but it is fun to try.

post #50 of 77

Your good enough. The long irons might take a bit to get used to but you're a beast.   Do they feel noticeably softer than the i20's?

post #51 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

Your good enough. The long irons might take a bit to get used to but you're a beast.   Do they feel noticeably softer than the i20's?

Yeah they do feel a bit softer, but I think it is the sound that gives you that sense more than anything else.  Not as forgiving on toe hits, but I have noticed they are every bit as forgiving off the hosel! ;-)

post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Yeah they do feel a bit softer, but I think it is the sound that gives you that sense more than anything else.  Not as forgiving on toe hits, but I have noticed they are every bit as forgiving off the hosel! ;-)

Ha nice.  Im sure you would be fine with the s55's.  How did you get an 8 & 9 iron?

post #53 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

Ha nice.  Im sure you would be fine with the s55's.  How did you get an 8 & 9 iron?

My philosophy is buy it before you try it. ;-)

post #54 of 77
Ha ha ha. That's so awesome. Im leaning towards the i25's I love the way they look and I feel like the S55's are a little above my ability level. What was it about the G25's that hated so much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › i20 Iron Problem