or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break: Greenbrier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break: Greenbrier - Page 10

post #163 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut View Post

I really enjoyed this weeks episode...........

 

Rick Cochran is one of the best players IMO..... He played like crap and ended up where he deserved in the elimination challenge this week.  I really like Rick, and I liked his attitude when picking a competitor for the elimination challenge!!  I seriously liked his attitude!!!!!!!!

 

 

The quality of the opponents golf game meant absolutely nothing during the selection process. Rick was annoyed by Chan and his antics and he wanted to take him out.  Nothing more...nothing less....I love it....... Chan performed well in previous elimination challenges and it didn't matter. Rick wanted to take him out......and he did it. 

 

This was a fun episode...IMO 

I agree with everything you said.  I like Rick's swing a lot.  He has a very nice move back and through the ball.  His weakness is definitely his putting IMO... And most likely why he hasn't made it on tour.

post #164 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut View Post

I really enjoyed this weeks episode...........

 

Rick Cochran is one of the best players IMO..... He played like crap and ended up where he deserved in the elimination challenge this week.  I really like Rick, and I liked his attitude when picking a competitor for the elimination challenge!!  I seriously liked his attitude!!!!!!!!

 

 

The quality of the opponents golf game meant absolutely nothing during the selection process. Rick was annoyed by Chan and his antics and he wanted to take him out.  Nothing more...nothing less....I love it....... Chan performed well in previous elimination challenges and it didn't matter. Rick wanted to take him out......and he did it. 

 

This was a fun episode...IMO 

I agree as well ... I said a few episodes back that I also loved Rick's attitude.  And happy that Chan is gone, although I thought during that elimination with those breaks he was getting that he was going to pull it out.

post #165 of 267

Agree with above posters.  I commend Rick for taking Chan on when he has proven himself in elimination challenges and clearly wasn't the worst golfer that day.  Chan seems like a good guy but tried too hard to get air time.  I guess for these guys their hope is they win or get discovered (sponsored) so they can continue to pursue their pro card using someone else's money. 

 

The way the elimination challenge was going I thought for sure Rick was going to lose after he failed to capitalize on Chan's mistakes twice, but he managed the pressure and a bad swing day to win.  Next week looks like it's filled with drama, so should be a good one. 

post #166 of 267

I'm shocked Anthony is still in it.

post #167 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I'm shocked Anthony is still in it.

 

 I agree he's probably the weakest player, but he's hit quality golf shots and rightfully earned his immunity.  He's played some really nice shots over the past couple weeks. 

post #168 of 267

I love the "saucer" pass that James does. Not to mention all his old school hockey hats. The saucer flop shot though is unbelievable. i tried it at the practice green the other day and looked like an idiot to everyone teeing off behind me. z6_surrender.gif

post #169 of 267
Thread Starter 

I thought this week was one of the more interesting strategic episodes I've seen since I started watching Big Break in late 2008. 

 

And not to be captain obvious here, but Sadquatch vs. Mark seems like the likely matchup in the final right now. Not to count Rick and James out of it, but they've clearly struggled of late. 

post #170 of 267
Pta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

I thought this week was one of the more interesting strategic episodes I've seen since I started watching Big Break in late 2008. 

And not to be captain obvious here, but Sadquatch vs. Mark seems like the likely matchup in the final right now. Not to count Rick and James out of it, but they've clearly struggled of late. 
totally agree. Loved loved loved the immunity challenge and all of the strategy decisions it brought.
post #171 of 267

Its funny because Issac just amazes me.  His swing isnt the most complete swing and yet he pulls off great shots time after time.  I was rooting for Issac to beat anthony in the challenge just because of Issacs attitude but Anthony should of really given himself more of a shot than what he took himself for.  Finals for me look like Issac vs Mark aswell.  Mark looks like the most complete guy out there.

post #172 of 267

This is a great season - best in the last several, at least.  I was shocked when Issac picked Anthony because Anthony is sneaky-good.  He hits crap shots at times - and when it comes to the crappy shots, he was probably the crappiest of those left . .but he has pulled out big shots when he needed to and I honestly expected him to give 'squatch more of a run for his money.

 

I'm glad Issac prevailed, though, as I would love to see him take it all. 

post #173 of 267
Unfortunately I keep finding out who gets eliminated before I get to watch but it is a little funny to watch a dead man.
post #174 of 267

Anthony is better than he gave himself credit for.  His lack of confidence will hold him back and cause him to blow up as he did in the eliminations challenge.  I'm much more likely to hit a bad shot on shots that I lack confidence in making at address. 

 

The golfers this season are the best I've seen on Big Break in a long time.  They finally have gone for good golfers and not the drama kings and queens of seasons past.  Issac is one of the best, but as we've seen, anyone can have a bad day and end up going home. 

post #175 of 267

I'd like to see this show start challenging the golfers versatility and creativity.  Instead of typical fairway approaches closest to the pin, why not have them hit around trees or punch shots under?  All the great golfers can get themselves out of trouble really well.
 

post #176 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

Anthony is better than he gave himself credit for.  His lack of confidence will hold him back and cause him to blow up as he did in the eliminations challenge.  I'm much more likely to hit a bad shot on shots that I lack confidence in making at address. 

 

The golfers this season are the best I've seen on Big Break in a long time.  They finally have gone for good golfers and not the drama kings and queens of seasons past.  Issac is one of the best, but as we've seen, anyone can have a bad day and end up going home. 


I agree. So nice to have talent and not whack jobs. I think Anthony's schtick is to play himself down. It works to well it keeps him out of tournaments out of fear. He was a easy out this episode. Stating he had nothing more to prove and no one else that was a pro like him had gotten this far and he shouldn't even be there.
post #177 of 267

True, if you keep the expectations low you're never disappointed but you also don't enjoy much success. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

I agree. So nice to have talent and not whack jobs. I think Anthony's schtick is to play himself down. It works to well it keeps him out of tournaments out of fear. He was a easy out this episode. Stating he had nothing more to prove and no one else that was a pro like him had gotten this far and he shouldn't even be there.
post #178 of 267

I hope Brian gets dunked on soon.  I'm tired of watching his temper tantrums and repeatedly beat his club into the turf after poor shots.

post #179 of 267

I agree, he has some anger management issues,  Each episode that he's hit a bad shot he's thrown a temper tantrum, whether it's beating his clubs into the turf or yelling at the other guys.  I like a guy with passion, but he's not shown to be good enough to justify getting that angry every time he hits a bad shot. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post

I hope Brian gets dunked on soon.  I'm tired of watching his temper tantrums and repeatedly beat his club into the turf after poor shots.

post #180 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I agree, he has some anger management issues,  Each episode that he's hit a bad shot he's thrown a temper tantrum, whether it's beating his clubs into the turf or yelling at the other guys.  I like a guy with passion, but he's not shown to be good enough to justify getting that angry every time he hits a bad shot. 


He's just a douche. I couldn't stand actually being on the course with someone like that. I hope he's the next one to go, then I wouldn't mind the outcome.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break: Greenbrier