or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Callaway Introduces 2013 X Forged Irons!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Callaway Introduces 2013 X Forged Irons! - Page 3

post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

If I ever get good, I'll bag those. 

 

In the meantime, think I'm leaning towards the Legacy Black over the X-Forged. If only to annoy you guys in America, where you can't get them.

 

 

 

 

 

These are just basically the Diablo forged irons. I have confirmed that eith callaway for twice the price and without the red and black badge on the back!

post #38 of 47

Ernie's on the X-Forged bandwagon! Yesterday's 2nd round in Malaysia:

 

post #39 of 47

Wait just a minute here!  Does this design look familiar?  How about a comparison to the Ping Zing 2 irons (followed by the ISI models) - both heel/toe weighted with a center cutout to allow for the club head to glide more easily through the turf.  Hmmm.    

 

 

post #40 of 47

Very nice, simple, sure wish I was good enough to bag them!

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post

Very nice, simple, sure wish I was good enough to bag them!

You probably are -

 

Was at a Callaway Demo Day - and took one stroke each - 5-PW - each shot was a golfasm.

 

It was not on the course, but ... so end of year tempting, I may sell the Miuras.

post #42 of 47

A great looking change in appearance from Callaway, I really like them.  Price point isn't bad for the market Callaway is going for.

post #43 of 47

I had an experience similar to Mr. D - just not quite as dramatic.

 

At a recent demo day, I reluctantly took a few shots with the new X.Forged irons. In the past, any version of Callaway X.Forged has been a lesson in humility - not just with PX 6.0, but even with the old PX 5.0 shaft. I generally got low, vibrating shots that never registered on the launch monitor.

 

Pleasant surprise this time. The new PXi in 5.5 version was fairly easy to hit, and I got some nice high shots with the 6i, and some OK shots with the 4i. Not sure what they did to the clubhead, but it was nice for a change. The slightly lighter shaft helped too.

post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post

I had an experience similar to Mr. D - just not quite as dramatic.

At a recent demo day, I reluctantly took a few shots with the new X.Forged irons. In the past, any version of Callaway X.Forged has been a lesson in humility - not just with PX 6.0, but even with the old PX 5.0 shaft. I generally got low, vibrating shots that never registered on the launch monitor.

Pleasant surprise this time. The new PXi in 5.5 version was fairly easy to hit, and I got some nice high shots with the 6i, and some OK shots with the 4i. Not sure what they did to the clubhead, but it was nice for a change. The slightly lighter shaft helped too.
Yes

Loved the pxi 5,5 but might go KBS Tour 90
post #45 of 47

I'm just an ordinary mid handicapper. I own a set of Ping G25 and Ping i20. My ball striking is ok but not great.

 

Out of a whim I recently bought a set of X Forged (5.5 shaft) and immediately fell in love with them. I hit them better tan the Pings (I was surprised by that) and the feeling off the face is just amazing. I'm very happy I bought them. And they look beautiful too.

 

As a side note, talking about swingweights, my G25 measure D1, my i20 measure D0, and the X Forged measure D3. I suspect maybe I hit the X Forged better because the higher swingweight suits me.

post #46 of 47

If they looked anymore like the mizuno mp53/63, they could file a law suit for stealing their design!

post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post

Yes

Loved the pxi 5,5 but might go KBS Tour 90

 

Similar ideas. I would consider the slightly friendlier PX.95 in 5.0 or 5.5, from the X.Hot Pro irons.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Callaway Introduces 2013 X Forged Irons!