or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-) - Page 6

post #91 of 232

Hopefully i can cure my random case of the shanks by then.  I am scared to even swing a club right now ahah.

post #92 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant View Post

Hopefully i can cure my random case of the shanks by then.  I am scared to even swing a club right now ahah.

Been there

post #93 of 232

yea.  im thinking it is due to a wrist hinging problem and too far inside takeaway.. but then again im thinking about it too much ahah.

post #94 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant View Post

yea.  im thinking it is due to a wrist hinging problem and too far inside takeaway.. but then again im thinking about it too much ahah.

 

Couple things

 

- Make sure the grip is in the fingers of both hands.  Some players can get it too much in the palm of the left hand, effects wrist hinge.

 

- If you do tend to take the club head too far in on the takeaway, I think that would be a good place to start.

 

 

1000

post #95 of 232

anything new on this front? when do we have to pay? and did we agree we have to have a set number of people by the 1st to minimize hiccups?

post #96 of 232

Beach- Did your extra players confirm yet???

post #97 of 232

Sorry guys, I got strep throat was down and out for about a week - then followed Thanksgiving.  I'll pick this up tomorrow as I'm back to 100%.  So tomorrow, I'll get my commitments firmed up - and lock something down with the course in terms of times.

post #98 of 232

Too late to add another?  I missed this thread earlier, but I'm almost definitely in.  Could possibly bring another player.  I can confirm by tomorrow if plans aren't finalized yet.

post #99 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post

Too late to add another?  I missed this thread earlier, but I'm almost definitely in.  Could possibly bring another player.  I can confirm by tomorrow if plans aren't finalized yet.

not too late!  let us know if you are a 1 or a 2some.

 

I agree with others that we should lock this down in the near future... 

post #100 of 232

When do you guys need a definite answer for booking by?

As trying to work out the finances first.

Thanks

post #101 of 232

I'm in, but just me, so one player.

post #102 of 232

Only 2 weeks away!  we need a final count of players.  

 

on the fence:

CDoug

Beach's extra players...

 

 

Playing:

Agoodman +1

Jim

Beach

Tristan

Pakoh

GolfDad

Avant

Lihu +1

mvmac

mdl

post #103 of 232

Hi All,

 

I have not kept up with the tourney for two weeks.

 

Are we playing the Classic or the Players course?

 

Who's doing the pairings (I assume that the handicaps will arrange our groups (highest last?)? I think My son is going so are we going out in Foursomes?

 

Agoodman, do you and your friend want to pair up with me and my son?

 

Thanks,

 

Lihu

post #104 of 232

I looked for flights. I was seriously considering coming, and I'd have kept it a surprise until I was there (and tried to bring some things). But the wife nixed that one by about a hundred bucks.

 

I expect lots of photos, a video or twelve, and some embellished tales! :)

post #105 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I looked for flights. I was seriously considering coming, and I'd have kept it a surprise until I was there (and tried to bring some things). But the wife nixed that one by about a hundred bucks.

 

I expect lots of photos, a video or twelve, and some embellished tales! :)

 

That would have been awesome, especially if you had surprised me f3_laugh.gif  

post #106 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

That would have been awesome, especially if you had surprised me f3_laugh.gif  

 

Well since I'd probably try to stay with you, I'm not sure that would have worked out very well...

 

A flight out of Cleveland costs a bit less...

post #107 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Hi All,

 

I have not kept up with the tourney for two weeks.

 

Are we playing the Classic or the Players course?

 

Who's doing the pairings (I assume that the handicaps will arrange our groups (highest last?)? I think My son is going so are we going out in Foursomes?

 

Agoodman, do you and your friend want to pair up with me and my son?

 

Thanks,

 

Lihu

Im fine with whatever....doesnt matter to me the guy i wil be playing with is friends with Avant and I. So whatever works he doesnt like carts so that could be a factor too 

post #108 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk View Post

Im fine with whatever....doesnt matter to me the guy i wil be playing with is friends with Avant and I. So whatever works he doesnt like carts so that could be a factor too 


I guess we'll meet at breakfast, and decide then.

 

Thanks,

 

See you there.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)