or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Your 2012 Fantasy Football Team?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your 2012 Fantasy Football Team?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 

With the season finally in the "home stretch" this is when we need our guys the most... Who are the guys that will or wont be taking you to the playoffs? Here is mine

 

QB- Matt Ryan

RB- Alfred Morris

RB- Stevan Riddley

WR- Roddy White

WR- A.J. Green

TE- Tony Gonzales

Flex- Brandon Marshall

D/ST- NY Giants

K- Lawrence Tynes

 

Bench

qb- tom brady

rb- pierre thomas

wr- james jones

wr- michael crabtree

d/st- ne patriots

te- heath miller

post #2 of 22
I'm in a really deep dynasty league with another member of the board here, JetFan1983. I had the worst record in the league last year, so I got the first pick in the rookie draft and the first pick in the free agent draft. I'm not doing all that hot, at 3-7 so far, but one of my losses was only by something like .18 of a point, and I have a few more close calls.

Plus for the second straight year I'm worst in the league in points against, which never helps. Realistically, I'm two receivers and a running back away from being decent. And Cam Newton's regression has hurt.

Here's what my roster looks like (again, this is a REALLY deep dynasty league, with 16 teams and huge rosters). I've got some extra defensive guys this week because of all of the byes.



Come to think of it, I can drop my second kicker now that Akers is off his bye.
post #3 of 22

Other than your d/st, that is a pretty good roster.  I am a Pats fan and I wouldn't take their d or the Giants.

post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 

yea i lacked in d/st because of my wr's. i wanted the matt ryan roddy white combo but really i can usually find a decent matchup every week even from the FA list and get 8-10 pts weekly in my standard league. this week im going with bengals. 

post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 

You dont have a bad team. I can see since youve stuck with the same group of guys for a few years where it would be a good team. Maybe even chris long / james lauranitis from the rams? im sure they are still free agents... lol

post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

I'm in a really deep dynasty league with another member of the board here, JetFan1983. I had the worst record in the league last year, so I got the first pick in the rookie draft and the first pick in the free agent draft. I'm not doing all that hot, at 3-7 so far, but one of my losses was only by something like .18 of a point, and I have a few more close calls.
Plus for the second straight year I'm worst in the league in points against, which never helps. Realistically, I'm two receivers and a running back away from being decent. And Cam Newton's regression has hurt.
Here's what my roster looks like (again, this is a REALLY deep dynasty league, with 16 teams and huge rosters). I've got some extra defensive guys this week because of all of the byes.

Come to think of it, I can drop my second kicker now that Akers is off his bye.

doesnt seem like a bad roster. im not a huge fan of cam newton however. the guy in our league who has cam is actually in last place i think with 2 wins. but maybe try danny amendola from the rams? he is bradfords go to guy and is a HUGE ball hog so that may help you in the future. regardless of how well the rams do.... amendola will get his fair share of receptions. especially if you are playing PPR league

post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK88S View Post

With the season finally in the "home stretch" this is when we need our guys the most... Who are the guys that will or wont be taking you to the playoffs? Here is mine

 

QB- Matt Ryan

RB- Alfred Morris

RB- Stevan Riddley

WR- Roddy White

WR- A.J. Green

TE- Tony Gonzales

Flex- Brandon Marshall

D/ST- NY Giants

K- Lawrence Tynes

 

Bench

qb- tom brady

rb- pierre thomas

wr- james jones

wr- michael crabtree

d/st- ne patriots

te- heath miller

 

Ever think about trading off a QB to upgrade somewhere else?

post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 

I have thought about it. Just wanted to get past the Atlanta bye week. ever since then ive had tom brady on the block for a better defense. to be honest though i am happy with all of my starters. especially my WR's

post #9 of 22

Hey guys:

 

 

Would you trade:

Jamaal Charles (KC, rb)  - Feast or famine type of guy

D Moore (oak, wr)

Julio Jones (Atl, WR)

 

for:

Ray Rice (Bal, RB)

Steve Smith or Mike Williams (WRs)

Greg Jennings (GB, WR) - Injured for dont know how long.

 

I would LOVE to add Ray Rice to my team, but I cant seem to get myself to let go of Julio Jones:

my current team (position players) is:

Matt Ryan

Julio Jones

AJ Green

Matt Forte

Willis Mcgahee

Martellus Bennett

Jamaal Charles

Brandon Pettigrew

Lance Moore

Andrew Luck

Jermicael Finley

Michael Bush (incase Forte gets injured)

post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 

i wouldnt trade jones just because matt ryan is so powerful (except this past sunday). thats a nice 1 2 combo right there

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Other than your d/st, that is a pretty good roster.  I am a Pats fan and I wouldn't take their d or the Giants.

 

Well, I took the Pats D & started them Sunday. Only got 3 defensive/ST scores out of them & 51 fantasy points.a3_biggrin.gif

 

 

My team is pretty stacked. I'm in 2nd place looking to take down #1 -

 

QB - Either C Newton or P Manning depending on matchup

RB -  C Johnson, A Morris, S Ridley

WR - V Cruz, S Smith, E Decker (Bench is A Gates, J Finley, M Williams - we don't play a separate TE position)

FLEX - M Turner

K - Who cares. But I got M Bryant

D/ST - NE, NYG

post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipazoid View Post

 

Well, I took the Pats D & started them Sunday. Only got 3 defensive/ST scores out of them & 51 fantasy points.a3_biggrin.gif

 

 

My team is pretty stacked. I'm in 2nd place looking to take down #1 -

 

QB - Either C Newton or P Manning depending on matchup

RB -  C Johnson, A Morris, S Ridley

WR - V Cruz, S Smith, E Decker (Bench is A Gates, J Finley, M Williams - we don't play a separate TE position)

FLEX - M Turner

K - Who cares. But I got M Bryant

D/ST - NE, NYG

yea i took the bengals but i shouldve started the pats! damnit lol. shouldve started tom brady over matt ryan also. idk what i was thinking. but im in 2nd also and should have a tie for 1st after this win i also have alfred morris and stevan ridley and im very happy w/ them.

post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK88S View Post

doesnt seem like a bad roster. im not a huge fan of cam newton however. the guy in our league who has cam is actually in last place i think with 2 wins. but maybe try danny amendola from the rams? he is bradfords go to guy and is a HUGE ball hog so that may help you in the future. regardless of how well the rams do.... amendola will get his fair share of receptions. especially if you are playing PPR league

I got Newton in the mid-late first round of our rookie draft in 2011, and he was the points leader for the entire league last year, so there was no reason for me to get rid of him.

If I could get Amendola I definitely would, but he would be very hard to pry away from his current owner. Injuries don't do all that much to lessen trade values in a dynasty league like this.
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 

Thats true. Newton is probably a good pick for some leagues but in my league he kind of sucks.

post #15 of 22

I love running QBs. It's like having an extra RB in your lineup.

post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 

Yea thats one way to look at it. I just need the consistency. I have matt ryan with roddy white and tony gonzales so its a good combination for me. Plus i know what im going to get out of him every game. some games worse than others but he's usually consistent.

post #17 of 22

My team is sitting in second place with a 7-4 record after a lucky win this week.  

 

My team is 

 

RGIII (Stafford as backup) 

Arian Foster 

Mikel Leshoure (Had MjD but he is injured and his backups suck) 

Jeremy Maclin 

Desean Jackson 

Demaryius Thomas

NE's Kicker

and Giants D 

 

Jackson and Maclin almost cost me the game this week even after an awesome showing by RGIII.  I wish I would not have drafted either of them now but I really dont have any other options at this point. 

post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 

Its a weird year for fantasy football. I have Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, and A.J. Green as WR and they are dominating for me at 8-3 tied for first in my league

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › Your 2012 Fantasy Football Team?