or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Tom abbott- A interview with the least liked man on the golf channel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tom abbott- A interview with the least liked man on the golf channel

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
To me, he is the epitome of the English stereotype that "Family Guy" portrays. I am not sure why they thought we cared but here it is. Maybe I am the only one that gets annoyed by this guy...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/get-to-know-tom-abbott/
post #2 of 12
I've always liked Tom Abbott, or at least tolerated him. Kind of a fluffy behind the scenes though. I mean sure, I'd love to play golf with Churchill and Kennedy but you work for the Golf Channel, man! Give us one golfer at least. a1_smile.gif
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
His choice of bloopers was pretty lame too
post #4 of 12

He is very vanilla as an announcer.  

post #5 of 12

As an Englishman, he sounds nothing like an Englishman. I had to google him when I first heard him speak to confirm he was English.

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post

As an Englishman, he sounds nothing like an Englishman. I had to google him when I first heard him speak to confirm he was English.

His is probably "TV English". They do the same here to achieve a neutral accent for the tele.
post #7 of 12

No his accent is just nothing like a normal person would use. Its even over the top for the old days when the BBC used to insist on Received Pronunciation for all presenters.

 

It is a very very posh accent with a Mid-Atlantic twist.

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post

No his accent is just nothing like a normal person would use. Its even over the top for the old days when the BBC used to insist on Received Pronunciation for all presenters.

 

It is a very very posh accent with a Mid-Atlantic twist.


So you feel like kicking his ass when you hear him talk?
post #9 of 12

Yeah only because of the posh bit, mid-Atlantic I have no issue with, in fact i want to roll about laughing when I hear Gmac's accent.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wansteadimp View Post

Yeah only because of the posh bit, mid-Atlantic I have no issue with, in fact i want to roll about laughing when I hear Gmac's accent.


Yea Gmac sounds like the Lucky Charms leprechaun from the cereal over here.

post #11 of 12

It's like Mark Wahlberg in The Perfect Storm, worst Boston accent ever and he is from Boston.!  Maybe Abbott is doing it on purpose.

post #12 of 12

He annoys the hell out of me on Big Break.   He needs to stick with covering Euro tour events....LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Tom abbott- A interview with the least liked man on the golf channel